Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Favorite TV Shows Of All Time

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Favorite TV Shows Of All Time - Page 2 Empty Re: Favorite TV Shows Of All Time

Post by jasn88cubs June 11th 2022, 5:44 pm

William Munny wrote:Twilight Zone
Gomer Pyle
The Honeymooners
Sanford and Son
Maude
Newhart
ALF
The Golden Girls
The Wonder Years
Veep

The Sopranos
Party of Five
Parenthood
Matlock
Law and Order
Law and Order: Criminal Intent

good list
jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

Trekapedia likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by Darrin/Strigoi June 11th 2022, 5:53 pm

I Havent got to see any of The new Netflix Masters of The Universe yet,Because i havet to get a netflix subscription.But i hope that netflix releases Their version on dvd.
Darrin/Strigoi
Darrin/Strigoi
Camper
Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by OCT 31 1978 June 11th 2022, 11:22 pm

Darrin/Strigoi wrote:I Havent got to see any of The new Netflix Masters of The Universe yet,Because i havet to get a netflix subscription.But i hope that netflix releases Their version on dvd.

Netflix usually takes their sweet ass time releasing anything from their streaming platform to physical media…..it does depend on the IP owner I guess….. I actually haven’t heard much good info about this new series anyway not a fan of Kevin Smith he is a Hollywood shill and I heard apparently He-man takes a backseat to everyone else on the show and they use Teela as a bait and switch to push a feminist propaganda plot ….it seems like alot of franchises with bigger fan followings lately are being used to push or showcase a political or social agenda instead of used to tell a good story like it should be I was hoping a fan of the original could give me some insight and fresh opinion on this new series.
OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class
First Class

I'm Not a Goalie and Trekapedia also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm Not a Goalie June 12th 2022, 12:35 am

OCT 31 1978 wrote:
Darrin/Strigoi wrote:I Havent got to see any of The new Netflix Masters of The Universe yet,Because i havet to get a netflix subscription.But i hope that netflix releases Their version on dvd.

Netflix usually takes their sweet ass time releasing anything from their streaming platform to physical media…..it does depend on the IP owner I guess….. I actually haven’t heard much good info about this new series anyway not a fan of Kevin Smith he is a Hollywood shill and I heard apparently He-man takes a backseat to everyone else on the show and they use Tela as a bait and switch to push a feminist propaganda plot ….it seems like alot of franchises with bigger fan followings lately are being used to push or showcase a political or social agenda instead of used to tell a good story like it should be I was hoping a fan of the original could give me some insight and fresh opinion on this new series.

Everything you've heard is correct, only multiple it by five. Absolute bait and switch piece of crap. Major spoiler alerts ahead, but these are a public service, He-Man isn't just sidelined, he's straight-up killed off in the first episode. Smith even goes as far as bragging about it. Yes, he's brought back later but that's besides the point. Teela's character is absolutely assassinated and turned into a entitled unlikeable Emo bitch. The feminist agenda is definitely front-and-center, which is exactly what the target audience of old school He-man fans wanted... Two women bitching about how they've been held back and mistreated by the men in their lives. That's what bothers me the most about some of this 'woke' reboots and reimagining's. The show wants to pretend characters like Teela and Evil Lynn, as well as other diverse or strong female characters in other media, were shoved to the side and never important until these modern takes came along and 'fixed' them by shifting the focus completely away from all those toxic males. And that's only the bullshit I have time to get into right now. But yeah, if you want to waste your time with Revelations go ahead, just don't expect to be seeing all that much of He-Man or Skeletor in your alleged He-Man show. I still can't figure out who the hell this show was intended for. Fans were always going to hate it, and the type of people applauding this shit were never going to watch it or care in the first place.
I'm Not a Goalie
I'm Not a Goalie
Second Class
Second Class

OCT 31 1978, Dragonfire82877 and Trekapedia also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher June 12th 2022, 10:29 am

Jason Voorhees wrote:
Darrin/Strigoi wrote:Im obsessed with Paranormal tv shows.
I Love T.A.P.S Ghost Hunters.
I Love the tv show A Haunting on Discovery networks and travel channel.
Got to watch some Ghost Adventures!

What do you think of the claims of evidence being faked in these shows?
ThePunisher
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by OCT 31 1978 June 12th 2022, 11:59 am

I'm Not a Goalie wrote:
OCT 31 1978 wrote:

Netflix usually takes their sweet ass time releasing anything from their streaming platform to physical media…..it does depend on the IP owner I guess….. I actually haven’t heard much good info about this new series anyway not a fan of Kevin Smith he is a Hollywood shill and I heard apparently He-man takes a backseat to everyone else on the show and they use Tela as a bait and switch to push a feminist propaganda plot ….it seems like alot of franchises with bigger fan followings lately are being used to push or showcase a political or social agenda instead of used to tell a good story like it should be I was hoping a fan of the original could give me some insight and fresh opinion on this new series.

Everything you've heard is correct, only multiple it by five. Absolute bait and switch piece of crap. Major spoiler alerts ahead, but these are a public service, He-Man isn't just sidelined, he's straight-up killed off in the first episode. Smith even goes as far as bragging about it. Yes, he's brought back later but that's besides the point. Teela's character is absolutely assassinated and turned into a entitled unlikeable Emo bitch. The feminist agenda is definitely front-and-center, which is exactly what the target audience of old school He-man fans wanted... Two women bitching about how they've been held back and mistreated by the men in their lives. That's what bothers me the most about some of this 'woke' reboots and reimagining's. The show wants to pretend characters like Teela and Evil Lynn, as well as other diverse or strong female characters in other media, were shoved to the side and never important until these modern takes came along and 'fixed' them by shifting the focus completely away from all those toxic males. And that's only the bullshit I have time to get into right now. But yeah, if you want to waste your time with Revelations go ahead, just don't expect to be seeing all that much of He-Man or Skeletor in your alleged He-Man show. I still can't figure out who the hell this show was intended for. Fans were always going to hate it, and the type of people applauding this shit were never going to watch it or care in the first place.

Man that sucks! But I thank you for the Public Service Announcement!!!
Everything I heard about the show was negative and I could never force my self to put it on because of that I just don’t want to ruin my memories of He-man and the Masters of the Universe…….I really wanted to see my childhood Hero in action again with all the characters I loved in new updated animation….. but Looks like that’s was to good to be true……in an era of destroy all Male (and white) heroes I guess it should be expected now.

I just don’t understand why they do this kind of crap.
Teela never was held back in the original she was just as much of a hero…. These types of woke narratives will never live up to and be remembered like the originals.
OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class
First Class

I'm Not a Goalie and Trekapedia also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm Not a Goalie June 12th 2022, 3:58 pm

ThePunisher wrote:
Jason Voorhees wrote:
Darrin/Strigoi wrote:Im obsessed with Paranormal tv shows.
I Love T.A.P.S Ghost Hunters.
I Love the tv show A Haunting on Discovery networks and travel channel.
Got to watch some Ghost Adventures!

What do you think of the claims of evidence being faked in these shows?

You have to take those claims with as many grains of salt as you take the supposed paranormal evidence you see on the show. Skeptics aren't exactly acting in the best of faith either and are just as bad with only seeking to confirm their own basis. Unlike the Ghost Hunters, skeptics usually aren't held back by the burden of proof, and it's easy to look at a video and say, that's fake, and be done with it. That's the problem, it is easy to fake video or audio evidence, but just because you can doesn't mean the people who gathered that evidence did. The capability to fake evidence, is not evidence in itself that somebody actually faked it. Unfortunately this is about as far as most debunkers get before declaring victory.

Now, some of these paranormal shows are indeed fake as hell, and some do indeed manufacture evidence. Others ham it up a bit for entertainment value, but truly believe the 'evidence' they're gathering is legit. Personally, I'm not a big fan of ghost hunting shows... The only two I really like are Ghost Hunters and Portals to Hell, because they come across as more professional, and therefore more believable. Ghost Hunters in particular will rarely use tactics like physics or the now infamous spirt box because they understand how bush league those tactics look. TAPS has even been heard on camera saying that spirit box evidence is on the same level as orb evidence... In other words, can't be taken seriously since you're largely dealing with audio pareidolia. In the past, Ghost Hunters has had no qualms with telling clients they couldn't find anything. Doesn't make for the most compelling TV, but it gave the team an air of believability the other shows are lacking... Until Syfy saw the show become a ratings giant for the channel, and mandated the cast ham it up a bit more in later seasons. On the opposite end of the spectrum, you have Ghost Adventures, who've never walked into a site that wasn't the most haunted place they've ever visited and put on a complete circus sideshow of crew members getting 'affected' and falling over, pretending any cold chill they get is a ghost passing through them, or Mr. Baggins himself pretending to be 'possessed' or affected just as an excuse to act like a dick to the rest of his crew. It makes for a more entertaining show for some, but for non-believers, it makes the entire field and genre look like an absolute joke. A lot of ghost hunting teams who take the field seriously have a lot of disdain for Ghost Adventures for this very reason.

We really need more Josh Gates types in the world... Open minded skeptics who analyze the story and the evidence first before forming an opinion, rather than having already decided something is real or fake before they even get started.
I'm Not a Goalie
I'm Not a Goalie
Second Class
Second Class

OCT 31 1978 and Trekapedia also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by CaldoTheKid February 6th 2023, 11:57 pm

Sopranos
Oz
Breaking Bad
Dexter
Bad Girls
Prisoner: Cell Block H
Wentworth
The Green Hornet
CaldoTheKid
CaldoTheKid
Town Resident
Town Resident

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees February 7th 2023, 1:15 am

CaldoTheKid wrote:Sopranos
Oz
Breaking Bad
Dexter
Bad Girls
Prisoner: Cell Block H
Wentworth
The Green Hornet

I know about 3 of these shows max.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Trekapedia February 8th 2023, 5:50 am

I’m just glad revivals I like are doing well and have been renewed for another season. I love Quantum Leap and Night Court and both those have been renewed so it makes me happy.

Anyone else have any shows they love? Recently, I’ve gotten back into the anime Inuyasha and I also started watching Fairy Tail. Love those shows.
Trekapedia
Trekapedia
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Post by OCT 31 1978 February 8th 2023, 7:01 pm

Trekapedia wrote:I’m just glad revivals I like are doing well and have been renewed for another season. I love Quantum Leap and Night Court and both those have been renewed so it makes me happy.

Anyone else have any shows they love? Recently, I’ve gotten back into the anime Inuyasha and I also started watching Fairy Tail. Love those shows.

Tulsa King
YellowStone
The Shield
You
That 70’s Show
Cheers
Ncis
Hannibal
Daredevil
OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class