Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Did Jason try to rape Chris in part 3?

Go down

Did Jason try to rape Chris in part 3? Empty Did Jason try to rape Chris in part 3?

Post by SlasherxKing August 20th 2021, 5:38 am

So i've seen alot of people on the r/Fridaythe13th sub reddit post about Jason raping Chris in part 3 and was really curious what everyone here thought about it.

Did Jason try to rape her? The scene during her recollection shows Jason very mischeiviously chasing her and he could have easily killed her, but didn't.. was he actually trying to rape her? I personally don't like the idea of Jason being that way, but back then his character wasn't fully conceptualized as what we know him as now. A hurt angry little boy in a killing machine's body out for vengaence.

I'm personally going with the idea that he wasn't.
SlasherxKing
SlasherxKing
Scout
Scout

Back to top Go down

Did Jason try to rape Chris in part 3? Empty Re: Did Jason try to rape Chris in part 3?

Post by Dragonfire82877 August 20th 2021, 11:44 am

Jason has never been portrayed in that light. It was a chase scene, and although awkward, that's all it was.
Dragonfire82877
Dragonfire82877
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot

SlasherxKing likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Did Jason try to rape Chris in part 3? Empty Re: Did Jason try to rape Chris in part 3?

Post by Trekapedia August 20th 2021, 1:34 pm

Yeah it was just him chasing her is what I always thought. As to how she got away, I’ve heard either Crazy Ralph or Abel, the guy they found lying in the road, kind of made Jason run off and brought her back to her house. If this took place before Part 2, that flashback I mean, then I could see it being Crazy Ralph which I’d be okay with.
Trekapedia
Trekapedia
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Post by jasn88cubs August 21st 2021, 8:12 am

I dont think so I say no
jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees August 21st 2021, 8:37 am

As the previous statements, here it was a traumatic chase scene, just because she didn't want her boyfriend to touch her doesn't mean sexual assault, the event was very emotional and physical for her, if Jason was ever like that we would've noticed/seen such behavior, Jason hasn't and never will be seen as a Rapist in any form, he is simply a Mass Murderer.

In the scene, it sounds like Jason thought he killed her and left her for her parents to find her, where they couldn't explain how/why their daughter was like that, hence why her parents don't talk about it because they don't know what actually happened.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

LittleLotte, Trekapedia and SlasherxKing also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by SlasherxKing August 21st 2021, 2:44 pm

I agree with everyone here. I did hear though, that the original script did say that it was a rape or attempted rape scene, but they scrapped it because the actress who plays Chris wasn't okay with it.

Probably not true, but an interesting rumor.
SlasherxKing
SlasherxKing
Scout
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees August 22nd 2021, 8:39 am

SlasherxKing wrote:I agree with everyone here. I did hear though, that the original script did say that it was a rape or attempted rape scene, but they scrapped it because the actress who plays Chris wasn't okay with it.

I honestly havent seen such a script for the film tbh.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by SlasherxKing August 22nd 2021, 10:47 am

Jason Voorhees wrote:
SlasherxKing wrote:I agree with everyone here. I did hear though, that the original script did say that it was a rape or attempted rape scene, but they scrapped it because the actress who plays Chris wasn't okay with it.

Me either. People on Reddit seem really adimant that Jason raped her though.. like it's a fact, and it honestly bothers me. Reddit is whack in general anyway... so, i'm probably gunna leave Reddit.
SlasherxKing
SlasherxKing
Scout
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees August 22nd 2021, 11:42 am

SlasherxKing wrote:
Jason Voorhees wrote:

Me either. People on Reddit seem really adimant that Jason raped her though..  like it's a fact, and it honestly bothers me. Reddit is whack in general anyway... so, i'm probably gunna leave Reddit.

Yeah dont take Reddit at face value its 30/70 for any real informatiom, but in terms of memes and etc its worthy.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by OCT 31 1978 August 22nd 2021, 1:39 pm

I agree with everyone here 12 Friday the 13th films and Jason has never attempted to rape any other character…….Male or Female….. it’s just not in his Character whatever that might be when discussing a serial killer seeking vengeance on others for the death of his mother.

I don’t believe he is a character that gets sexual gratification from what he does…..now the fact that he does penetrate the human body with many sharp and blunt objects could be debated on it’s meaning for days…..especially when considering the implications of the promiscuous nature of what those victims are engaged in.

Using his actions from all the other movies as reference I am inclined to say confidently that he awkwardly attempted to kill her and apparently thought he did leaving her for dead……she was found by her parents and was traumatized by the attack.

Also Being attacked by someone in anyway could and would leave trama and difficultly coping with it….. that’s what I get from her reaction to her not wanting to be touched by Rick…..the way I look at it she probably feels massive Anxiety when being touched no matter who it is.

OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class
First Class

Trekapedia and SlasherxKing also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees August 22nd 2021, 2:08 pm

OCT 31 1978 wrote:I agree with everyone here 12 Friday the 13th films and Jason has never attempted to rape any other character…….Male or Female….. it’s just not in his Character whatever that might be when discussing a serial killer seeking vengeance on others for the death of his mother.

I don’t believe he is a character that gets sexually gratification from what he does…..now the fact that he does penetrate the human body with many sharp and blunt objects could be debated on it’s meaning for days…..especially when considering the implications of the promiscuous nature of what those victims are engaged in.

Using his actions from all the other movies as reference I am inclined to say confidently that he awkwardly attempted to kill her and apparently thought he did leaving her for dead……she was found by her parents and was traumatized by the attack.

Also Being attacked by someone in anyway could leave trams and difficultly coping with it….. that’s what I get from her reaction to her not wanting to be touched by Rick…..the way I look at it she probably feels massive Anxiety when being touched no matter who it is.

Perfectly stated!
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

OCT 31 1978 and Trekapedia also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by OCT 31 1978 August 22nd 2021, 9:42 pm

Jason Voorhees wrote:
OCT 31 1978 wrote:I agree with everyone here 12 Friday the 13th films and Jason has never attempted to rape any other character…….Male or Female….. it’s just not in his Character whatever that might be when discussing a serial killer seeking vengeance on others for the death of his mother.

I don’t believe he is a character that gets sexually gratification from what he does…..now the fact that he does penetrate the human body with many sharp and blunt objects could be debated on it’s meaning for days…..especially when considering the implications of the promiscuous nature of what those victims are engaged in.

Also Being attacked by someone in anyway could leave trams and difficultly coping with it….. that’s what I get from her reaction to her not wanting to be touched by Rick…..the way I look at it she probably feels massive Anxiety when being touched no matter who it is.

Perfectly stated!

Thanks….. found this searching for info today……I haven’t read Crystal Lake Memories but I definitely need to pick up a copy soon.

“According to the book "Crystal Lake Memories," Chris' past encounter with Jason was originally intended to imply a sexual assault. The series was meant to conclude with this entry, and the writers wanted audiences to be pleased with Jason's demise, reasoning that if he were portrayed as a rapist they would have no interest in seeing him come back. It was ultimately decided this was too dark a direction to take the character and those elements were removed from the film.”

I can see what they were trying to go for here and it is definitely better that they removed those elements from the film…… her story is personal and she delivered it very well……And in its ambiguous way let’s you put What you want in to fill the gaps….. you can come away from her story either way I guess …..if you can see Jason as a Rapist than that’s what he did if you don’t then he unsuccessfully attempted to kill her…… either way a traumatic situation for our heroine.
OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by SlasherxKing August 23rd 2021, 6:03 am

OCT 31 1978 wrote:
Jason Voorhees wrote:

Perfectly stated!

Thanks….. found this searching for info today……I haven’t read Crystal Lake Memories but I definitely need to pick up a copy soon.

“According to the book "Crystal Lake Memories," Chris' past encounter with Jason was originally intended to imply a sexual assault. The series was meant to conclude with this entry, and the writers wanted audiences to be pleased with Jason's demise, reasoning that if he were portrayed as a rapist they would have no interest in seeing him come back. It was ultimately decided this was too dark a direction to take the character and those elements were removed from the film.”

I can see what they were trying to go for here and it is definitely better that they removed those elements form the film…… her story is personal and she delivered it very well……And in its ambiguous way let’s you put What you want in to fill the gaps….. you can come away from her story either way I guess …..if you can see Jason as a Rapist than that’s what he did if you don’t then he unsuccessfully attempted to kill her…… either way a traumatic situation for our heroine.

This is what I was talking about. So it is true that Jason was originally going to be portrayed that way, but they decided against it, and I am glad they did.
SlasherxKing
SlasherxKing
Scout
Scout

OCT 31 1978 and Trekapedia also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by OCT 31 1978 August 23rd 2021, 3:43 pm

SlasherxKing wrote:
OCT 31 1978 wrote:
Jason Voorhees wrote:

Perfectly stated!

I can see what they were trying to go for here and it is definitely better that they removed those elements form the film…… her story is personal and she delivered it very well……And in its ambiguous way let’s you put What you want in to fill the gaps….. you can come away from her story either way I guess …..if you can see Jason as a Rapist than that’s what he did if you don’t then he unsuccessfully attempted to kill her…… either way a traumatic situation for our heroine.

This is what I was talking about. So it is true that Jason was originally going to be portrayed that way, but they decided against it, and I am glad they did.

Apparently that was the original idea. I am also glad that they decided against this story element.

I also find it very strange that they felt it would be necessary to make Jason more unlikeable by making him a Rapist so that Fans wouldn’t want him to return for more installments

…….that is weird AF if you ask me…….Paramount really wanted these movies to go away…. But they didn’t mind them making Millions from them…..wow “ Let’s make the Villan of the movie who murders innocent people already a Rapist that will stop them wanting more movies of him.” What kind of stupid head comes up with that irrational idea ??lol
OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by SonofOdin6039 August 24th 2021, 10:10 am

I agree with everyone in that Jason is a killer not a rapist. That aspect goes to the cannibals in Hills Jave Eyes. But since this was brought up, that dream sequence has left me scratching my head. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Part 3 takes place immediately after the events of Part 2, which meant Jason crawled away and found new clothes with Harold and Edna's store, the same clothes he was wearing when he attacked Chris in the woods 2 years ago. Plus he lost all his hair in that short time. Did I miss something or got the timeline wrong? He would have to have attacked Chris long before the events at Packanack. Set me straight, brothers
SonofOdin6039
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Post by OCT 31 1978 August 24th 2021, 5:10 pm

SonofOdin6039 wrote:I agree with everyone in that Jason is a killer not a rapist. That aspect goes to the cannibals in Hills Jave Eyes. But since this was brought up, that dream sequence has left me scratching my head. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Part 3 takes place immediately after the events of Part 2, which meant Jason crawled away and found new clothes with Harold and Edna's store, the same clothes he was wearing when he attacked Chris in the woods 2 years ago. Plus he lost all his hair in that short time. Did I miss something or got the timeline wrong? He would have to have attacked Chris long before the events at Packanack. Set me straight, brothers

Lol You didn’t miss anything my friend.
These films were made at record speed with some crazy gorilla filming techniques….. so Continuity isn’t something these guy seemed to interested in…….they either didn’t care or thought we were too stupid to notice………here is a possible but more than likely timeline for the events regardless of terribly continuity.

Summer: While staying at her family's summer home Higgins Haven, seventeen-year-old Chris Higgins gets in a fight with her parents and runs into the woods. There, she is attacked by Jason Voorhees. Chris passes out and awakens back at home. Her parents refuse to speak of the incident.

Friday the 13th Part 2
Thursday, July 12: Paul Holt's counselor training program at Packanack Lodge is opened. Jason Voorhees (wearing a burlap sack to cover his face) kills local doomsayer Ralph Neeley.

Friday, July 13: Enraged that the Crystal Lake area is being intruded upon, Jason kills six of the counselors in training, a local police officer, and the dog of one of the counselors. Eventually, Jason is faced by Ginny Field and Paul Holt. Ginny discovers Jason's shack and manages to slice his left shoulder open with the same machete that killed Pamela Voorhees and stops Paul from being attacked by Jason. Ginny and Paul arrive at one of the cabins to rest, thinking they have killed Jason. Ginny falls asleep and has a nightmare that Jason attacks her once more.

Saturday, July 14: The police arrive at Packanack Lodge. Ginny is rescued, but Paul's fate isn't quite exactly known. However, it's most likely he was brought into another ambulance heading towards the same hospital the bodies and Ginny were heading to.

Presumably around this time, Robert Dier learns of his sister Sandra's death at the hands of Jason and vows to avenge her.

Friday the 13th Part III
That night, Jason gets a new set of clothes from the laundry line of Harold Hockett, and then proceeds to murder Harold and his wife. Jason spends the night at Higgins Haven.

Sunday, July 15: Nineteen-year-old Chris Higgins and five of her friends go on a weekend trip to Higgins Haven, picking up Sheldon Finkelstein's blind date Vera Sanchez on the way. Upon their arrival, Jason kills the vacationers one by one, as well as Chris' boyfriend Rick and the three members of a motorcycle gang. During the massacre, Jason obtains a hockey mask from Shelly, which he uses to replace the sack as a mask. After a lengthy confrontation with Chris, who recognizes Jason as the person who terrorized her in the woods two years previously, the girl axes the madman in the face, seemingly killing him.

Monday, July 16: The police find Chris in an unbalanced state, hysterically talking of a "lady in the lake", Pamela Voorhees, having attacked her.

What's even more frustrating about their terrible continuity is that they had Richard Brooker wearing the clothing from Part 2 in the opening scenes of Part 3 multiple times and could have easily had him in the backwoods hermit costume again for Chris' flashback attack scene…..

Lol I guess if you think about it no one making that film or most of them though we would be discussing details 40 years later huh? These films are classics.

OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class
First Class

SonofOdin6039, Trekapedia and SlasherxKing also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by SonofOdin6039 August 24th 2021, 5:48 pm

Your timeline makes as much sense as possible, so I accept that. And you're right about the film makers looking back and realizing sharp-eyed fans would be filling in their blanks, if they even cared as much as we do lol. Cheers and game on, my friends
SonofOdin6039
Second Class
Second Class

OCT 31 1978, Trekapedia and SlasherxKing also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees August 25th 2021, 1:55 pm

@SlasherxKing @OCT 31 1978 If it was "Implied" I doubt it was the real original lol kinda like the whole JGTH "Draft" was thrown away so it's just one of the many plans they must have because implication doesn't always mean originally intended.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trekapedia August 26th 2021, 12:07 am

I think with stuff like DVDs and blu rays and YouTube where we can go back and look at certain scenes, it makes it stick out like a sore thumb even more. Back then though, I really feel like since it was probably intended to be the final film, or so they say, then the people involved were like “eh just let it go we’ll worry about it later”. This was right as VHS was starting to be released so the filmmakers probably didn’t think anyone would spend the amount of money to rewatch the movies.

Years later, with the invention of dvd and blu ray and the movies being aired on USA, TNT and other networks, that’s when people took notice and started to call the details out. So it’s just no one can predict media like a blu ray where you can slow it down frame by frame and say they should’ve lined it up better. I do agree they should have put him in the older clothes and the sack. She could’ve always pulled it off his head or it could’ve been caught on a branch and gotten pulled off that way.
Trekapedia
Trekapedia
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Post by SlasherxKing August 26th 2021, 5:47 am

Trekapedia wrote:I think with stuff like DVDs and blu rays and YouTube where we can go back and look at certain scenes, it makes it stick out like a sore thumb even more. Back then though, I really feel like since it was probably intended to be the final film, or so they say, then the people involved were like “eh just let it go we’ll worry about it later”. This was right as VHS was starting to be released so the filmmakers probably didn’t think anyone would spend the amount of money to rewatch the movies.

Years later, with the invention of dvd and blu ray and the movies being aired on USA, TNT and other networks, that’s when people took notice and started to call the details out. So it’s just no one can predict media like a blu ray where you can slow it down frame by frame and say they should’ve lined it up better. I do agree they should have put him in the older clothes and the sack. She could’ve always pulled it off his head or it could’ve been caught on a branch and gotten pulled off that way.

Yeah, the fact he was wearing the clothes he got from the couples house in the flashback made no sense... he would have been wearing the same thing he was wearing in part 2. That always confused and bothered me even when I first saw the movie.
SlasherxKing
SlasherxKing
Scout
Scout

SonofOdin6039 and Trekapedia also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by Trekapedia August 27th 2021, 11:23 pm

SlasherxKing wrote:
Trekapedia wrote:I think with stuff like DVDs and blu rays and YouTube where we can go back and look at certain scenes, it makes it stick out like a sore thumb even more. Back then though, I really feel like since it was probably intended to be the final film, or so they say, then the people involved were like “eh just let it go we’ll worry about it later”. This was right as VHS was starting to be released so the filmmakers probably didn’t think anyone would spend the amount of money to rewatch the movies.

Yeah, the fact he was wearing the clothes he got from the couples house in the flashback made no sense... he would have been wearing the same thing he was wearing in part 2. That always confused and bothered me even when I first saw the movie.

Yeah and I think what irritates fans even more is it’s the same director as the second movie so it wouldn’t have been too big of a stretch to have him wearing the same thing as in Part 2.
Trekapedia
Trekapedia
Second Class
Second Class

OCT 31 1978, SonofOdin6039 and SlasherxKing also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by Fair Play September 26th 2021, 10:42 pm

SlasherxKing wrote:Me either. People on Reddit seem really adimant that Jason raped her though.. like it's a fact, and it honestly bothers me. Reddit is whack in general anyway... so, i'm probably gunna leave Reddit.

I steer clear of Reddit for reasons like that.

I agree with everyone that I don't interpret that scene to be one of attempted rape.
Fair Play
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees September 26th 2021, 11:34 pm

Trekapedia wrote:
SlasherxKing wrote:

Yeah, the fact he was wearing the clothes he got from the couples house in the flashback made no sense...  he would have been wearing the same thing he was wearing in part 2. That always confused and bothered me even when I first saw the movie.

Yeah and I think what irritates fans even more is it’s the same director as the second movie so it wouldn’t have been too big of a stretch to have him wearing the same thing as in Part 2.

They likely got rid of the Part 2 clothes or the clothes couldn't properly fit Brooker is my two ideas of why they didn't do the Part 2 clothing.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum