Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AAA Friday the 13th game idea

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

AAA Friday the 13th game idea Empty AAA Friday the 13th game idea

Post by SlasherxKing August 31st 2021, 11:53 am

So I've been watching the YouTuber, Play with Jason. I went back to his beta gameplay videos and seeing the animations again and the better lighting and graphics had me thinking about a big name dev studio making a single player Friday the 13th game with more content and polish.

I was thinking it would be really cool if a company like Rockstar Games got the rights to make a game. They could do something similar to GTAV and have a single player story and then an online multiplayer mode. The single player would be a true horror experience where you play as a camp counselor. Not sure when it would take place in the timeline tbh.. maybe It could be a stand alone thing that isn't canon to the movies.

Then there's the online multiplayer mode, which would basically be F13 the game, but way better and with more content.

Thoughts? What should Jason look like in the single player? Should it be a human version or undead?
SlasherxKing
SlasherxKing
Scout
Scout

I'm Not a Goalie and Trekapedia also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

AAA Friday the 13th game idea Empty Re: AAA Friday the 13th game idea

Post by I'm Not a Goalie August 31st 2021, 8:25 pm

For the single player mode, they'd probably pick an undead version since that's the casual gamers image of Jason, but a human version would make more sense since the player could realistically fight Jason off on multiple occasions since he should technically be more vulnerable. Undead Jason would just punch your head clear off and get on with his day.

Before Gunn gave us the game they did, I always envisioned a Friday the 13th game would be a horror survival type game that would've been a combination of concepts like Outlast and Until Dawn. You take control over multiple characters investigating Crystal Lake and the surrounding town, which by this point has basically been abandoned. The decisions you make along the way would decide who, when, and how the characters died with dozens of unique cinematic kills based on when and where the character gets offed. Combat would be kept to a minimum for realisms sake. Call me old fashioned, but in a solo game mode where I'm trying to survive Jason, I feel like I should be running for my life while trying not to shit my pants, rather than trying to hand Jason's ass to him every few minutes.

Anyway, I had that idea years ago, but I kind of knew at the time that the tech just wasn't there yet. I've been quite surprised to see several differen't games come along over the years that were similar, or at least had elements of the game I envisioned ages ago. Kind of cool really.

I'm Not a Goalie
I'm Not a Goalie
Second Class
Second Class

Trekapedia and SlasherxKing also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by SlasherxKing September 1st 2021, 11:43 am

I liked Until Dawn for what it was, but I think I prefer a gameplay style that's less cinematic and linear and more gameplay oriented. I think you should be able to fight back, but obviously it would only slow Jason down and not actually deal any real damage to him. Kinda like Nemesis from Resident Evil 3. Jason would be constantly after you, but he would attack at random, you wouldn't know when.

SlasherxKing
SlasherxKing
Scout
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees September 9th 2021, 1:18 pm

If we have gotten a game in the style of the hitman gamws here you could pick up any weapon and use it, and have the based game powers it would be amazing!
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Back to top Go down

Post by SlasherxKing September 10th 2021, 9:41 am

Jason Voorhees wrote:If we have gotten a game in the style of the hitman gamws here you could pick up any weapon and use it, and have the based game powers it would be amazing!

Oh a Hitman style Friday the 13th game would be amazing. It would be a virtual playground for Jason to stalk and kill more like he does in the movies, with weapon swapping on the fly. It would allow players to be more creative and diverse with the kills.
SlasherxKing
SlasherxKing
Scout
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees September 10th 2021, 12:16 pm

SlasherxKing wrote:
Jason Voorhees wrote:If we have gotten a game in the style of the hitman gamws here you could pick up any weapon and use it, and have the based game powers it would be amazing!

Oh a Hitman style Friday the 13th game would be amazing. It would be a virtual playground for Jason to stalk and kill more like he does in the movies, with weapon swapping on the fly. It would allow players to be more creative and diverse with the kills.

Exactly! Hopefully we get a Halloween the Game with something like that! It would be amazing for either Characters.

But Friday the 13th the Game will always in my belief would be the best Slasher video game in gaming history.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trekapedia September 10th 2021, 11:45 pm

My hope was when Friday The 13th The Game was released that we would get new games based on A Nightmare On Elm Street and Halloween. I still hope we do and I think they would be amazing.
Trekapedia
Trekapedia
Second Class
Second Class

SlasherxKing likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by SlasherxKing September 11th 2021, 2:21 pm

There's so much you could do with Freddy in his own game. The insane ways he could kill you in the dream world are practically endless. Halloween I imagine being truly scary, I always found Michael Myers to be the scariest slasher. The survivors in a Halloween game would have alot of fun being genuinely scared, great jumpscare potential all around
SlasherxKing
SlasherxKing
Scout
Scout

Trekapedia likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by Trekapedia September 12th 2021, 8:27 pm

SlasherxKing wrote:There's so much you could do with Freddy in his own game. The insane ways he could kill you in the dream world are practically endless. Halloween I imagine being truly scary, I always found Michael Myers to be the scariest slasher. The survivors in a Halloween game would have alot of fun being genuinely scared, great jumpscare potential all around

All I can think is a Dream Warriors game or level or bunch of levels would be awesome!
Trekapedia
Trekapedia
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Post by SlasherxKing September 13th 2021, 8:28 am

Trekapedia wrote:
SlasherxKing wrote:There's so much you could do with Freddy in his own game. The insane ways he could kill you in the dream world are practically endless. Halloween I imagine being truly scary, I always found Michael Myers to be the scariest slasher. The survivors in a Halloween game would have alot of fun being genuinely scared, great jumpscare potential all around

All I can think is a Dream Warriors game or level or bunch of levels would be awesome!

You could have the Dream Warriors be one of the heroes that you can call in. Maybe theres one survivor that has the same ability as Kirstin where she can bring others into her dream. Escape methods would be interesting to try and come up with.
SlasherxKing
SlasherxKing
Scout
Scout

Trekapedia likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by Trekapedia September 13th 2021, 1:38 pm

Absolutely and considering they could have Robert Englund come back to do the voice, that’d be a popular game!
Trekapedia
Trekapedia
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees September 13th 2021, 2:19 pm

I been wondering what game F13 could work in like the style of Naughty bear?
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trekapedia September 13th 2021, 6:09 pm

I think it could work and maybe they make it so you can travel to other locations like a Springwood somehow. Even if you can’t do that I think it would still be a cool game.
Trekapedia
Trekapedia
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees September 14th 2021, 6:49 am

Trekapedia wrote:I think it could work and maybe they make it so you can travel to other locations like a Springwood somehow. Even if you can’t do that I think it would still be a cool game.

Agreed!!
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Fair Play September 26th 2021, 10:54 pm

I still believe any slasher franchise could be made into a stellar game. If you get the right people together, and find the right game company, anything's possible.

My top hopes would be Nightmare on Elm Street, Halloween, Scream and Child's Play.
Fair Play
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees September 26th 2021, 11:39 pm

Fair Play wrote:I still believe any slasher franchise could be made into a stellar game. If you get the right people together, and find the right game company, anything's possible.

My top hopes would be Nightmare on Elm Street, Halloween, Scream and Child's Play.

A def need to revive Friday the 13th: The Game.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Fair Play September 27th 2021, 12:16 am

Jason Voorhees wrote:A def need to revive Friday the 13th: The Game.

I second that.
Fair Play
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by SlasherxKing September 30th 2021, 5:54 pm

Jason Voorhees wrote:
Fair Play wrote:I still believe any slasher franchise could be made into a stellar game. If you get the right people together, and find the right game company, anything's possible.

A def need to revive Friday the 13th: The Game.

I agree. Im torn between reviving Friday the 13th the game or making a new one... i feel it would be better to just make a new one at this point. Just imagine a Friday game made in the new Unreal engine 5!
SlasherxKing
SlasherxKing
Scout
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow November 14th 2021, 7:12 am

I feel that F13: The Game taught us that the player base is far too toxic to have a sustainable multiplayer mode. Just think back to how bad the cheaters and griefers were. There's something about the kind of people that play F13 that makes a noticeable portion of them act like, well, psychopaths. I mean think about it, to be a cheater, exploiter, or griefer, you need a lack of empathy, which is a psychopathic trait. I firmly believe the only way a new F13 game can succeed is if it is single-player only. Or at least it's single-player first and multiplayer is a lower priority. That way at least people that don't want to be subject to cheating and griefing can have a robust single player experience.
VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow
VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow
Traveler
Traveler

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees November 15th 2021, 8:45 pm

VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow wrote:I feel that F13: The Game taught us that the player base is far too toxic to have a sustainable multiplayer mode. Just think back to how bad the cheaters and griefers were. There's something about the kind of people that play F13 that makes a noticeable portion of them act like, well, psychopaths. I mean think about it, to be a cheater, exploiter, or griefer, you need a lack of empathy, which is a psychopathic trait. I firmly believe the only way a new F13 game can succeed is if it is single-player only. Or at least it's single-player first and multiplayer is a lower priority. That way at least people that don't want to be subject to cheating and griefing can have a robust single player experience.

Overall the cheaters were PC mainly

Exploiters were mostly due to the games coding.

Griefers were mostly teamers.

I think the best solution would have ingame reports.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm Not a Goalie November 16th 2021, 10:05 pm

VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow wrote:I feel that F13: The Game taught us that the player base is far too toxic to have a sustainable multiplayer mode. Just think back to how bad the cheaters and griefers were. There's something about the kind of people that play F13 that makes a noticeable portion of them act like, well, psychopaths. I mean think about it, to be a cheater, exploiter, or griefer, you need a lack of empathy, which is a psychopathic trait. I firmly believe the only way a new F13 game can succeed is if it is single-player only. Or at least it's single-player first and multiplayer is a lower priority. That way at least people that don't want to be subject to cheating and griefing can have a robust single player experience.

To be fair, I haven't heard of too many popular online multiplayer games where a good chunk of the base doesn't complain about how toxic the player base is. It just seems to come with the territory when dealing with online multiplayer. 9/10 people I talk to who play both Friday and DBD all swear the DBD base is far more toxic than the Friday base ever was. Personally, I wouldn't change the asymmetrical aspect for anything. I have much clearer memories having fun playing with friends and other decent people more so than I ever remember whatever the hell I've done playing alone... It also doesn't hurt that my friends and I were usually good enough to give the teamer's and cheaters right back to them. Watching someone rage quite when they noticed Jason was up on the roof with them on Packanack will always be a personal favorite.
I'm Not a Goalie
I'm Not a Goalie
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees November 19th 2021, 4:02 am

Dead By Daylight community is BEYOND toxic it's more than MANY video game communities.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by SlasherxKing November 21st 2021, 3:52 pm

Jason Voorhees wrote:Dead By Daylight community is BEYOND toxic it's more than MANY video game communities.

DBD is this weird mesh of toxic yet woke at the same time. I honestly would rather be called every slur in the book than listen to the endless demands of having X demographic have "representation" in their horrendously balanced game...
SlasherxKing
SlasherxKing
Scout
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by SlasherxKing November 21st 2021, 3:54 pm

I kinda agree, i prefer single player games anyway. I was actually under the impression that was what F13 the game was in the first place.
SlasherxKing
SlasherxKing
Scout
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees November 21st 2021, 4:14 pm

SlasherxKing wrote:
Jason Voorhees wrote:Dead By Daylight community is BEYOND toxic it's more than MANY video game communities.

DBD is this weird mesh of toxic yet woke at the same time. I honestly would rather be called every slur in the book than listen to the endless demands of having X demographic have "representation" in their horrendously balanced game...

Yeah the DBD Community thinks any killer could/can work but as Ive seen they cant truly design all the killers perfectly or keep the game logically balance for all sides.

You could get double teamed by flash lighters with dead hard and othet such perks.

Killers cant counter the concept of Pallet Looping because they dont have Crowd Control mechanics that put pressure on survivors.

I remeber on their forum they said "Gen Rushing" isnt a thing...so purposely being SWF+Tool Boxes+Amp Perks and Mics arent Gen rushing then Killers face camping ARENT a thing.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum