Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lawsuit update

Go down

Lawsuit update Empty Lawsuit update

Post by Dragonfire82877 September 30th 2021, 11:25 am

Dragonfire82877
Dragonfire82877
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot

Back to top Go down

Lawsuit update Empty Re: Lawsuit update

Post by Trekapedia September 30th 2021, 12:00 pm

Hopefully this will end this first lawsuit once and for all. The other one, Sean S Cunningham suing WB and Paramount for supposed unpaid revenue, is still ongoing I think. I’m hoping that one will end sooner rather than later too.
Trekapedia
Trekapedia
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Post by OCT 31 1978 September 30th 2021, 2:43 pm

Trekapedia wrote:Hopefully this will end this first lawsuit once and for all. The other one, Sean S Cunningham suing WB and Paramount for supposed unpaid revenue, is still ongoing I think. I’m hoping that one will end sooner rather than later too.

This ruling still causes a big problem with the Friday the 13th Franchise however….
As Victor has ownership of the Original film and it’s characters…….he can’t use Adult Hockey Masked killer.

Victor could make a Friday the 13th film using those characters or original ones for sure…..but only in the USA…..overseas Horror Inc still has full rights to the Franchise.

Sean has rights to the sequels and the characters in the sequels….However as Jason and Pamela Voorhees are characters in the original film….Sean using Jasons name or Pam’s or camp blood, or Crystal Lake in future films ….will cause him needing to pay Victor for the use of those assets and characters if I am not mistaken…..which Sean doesn’t want to do obviously…..

I also know one of Seans concerns is making sure the courts rule that he has sole ownership of Adult hockey masked Killer…..Jason….which the courts did not want to make a ruling on.

It’s a pity that we have come to this when all Sean needed to do was pay the guy properly for the characters he created and inspired….
OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class
First Class

I'm Not a Goalie and Trekapedia also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by SlasherxKing September 30th 2021, 6:29 pm

Ah yes i can see it now. We either have a character called Jason Voorhees, but doesn't resemble the hockey masked slasher we all love... or we do have our hockey masked slasher.. called Joshua Verman.. or something... lose lose either way.
SlasherxKing
SlasherxKing
Scout
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees September 30th 2021, 6:35 pm

@SlasherxKing @OCT 31 1978 @Dragonfire82877 @Trekapedia I got a new Article update to help Update the situation!
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Trekapedia likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm Not a Goalie September 30th 2021, 7:18 pm

Funny how Cunningham wants to make sure he keeps the rights to masked Jason when we all know he loved the mask so much he wanted to get rid of it in Part 9. I guess Sean figured out where the money is.

It's also ironic he didn't want to pay Miller, but wanted to make damn sure he got his money for the remake.
I'm Not a Goalie
I'm Not a Goalie
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees September 30th 2021, 7:39 pm

I'm Not a Goalie wrote:Funny how Cunningham wants to make sure he keeps the rights to masked Jason when we all know he loved the mask so much he wanted to get rid of it in Part 9. I guess Sean figured out where the money is.

It's also ironic he didn't want to pay Miller, but wanted to make damn sure he got his money for the remake.

New Update Guys! Larry Explains the Situation!

Also for the Cunningham thing Idk if that's true because we got Sean saying adam lied and we got Adam saying sean lied.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm Not a Goalie September 30th 2021, 7:52 pm

Jason Voorhees wrote:
I'm Not a Goalie wrote:Funny how Cunningham wants to make sure he keeps the rights to masked Jason when we all know he loved the mask so much he wanted to get rid of it in Part 9. I guess Sean figured out where the money is.

New Update Guys! Larry Explains the Situation!

Also for the Cunningham thing Idk if that's true because we got Sean saying adam lied and we got Adam saying sean lied.

Thanks for the update! I think it's pretty much what we all thought it was going to be... Hopefully, in the end they'll be more worried about making money then continuing the pissing contest. Then again, Sean has seemed content to sit on the franchise for years while its sat in legal hell. We can only wager to guess where either of their heads are at, at this point.
I'm Not a Goalie
I'm Not a Goalie
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Post by OCT 31 1978 September 30th 2021, 9:52 pm

Jason Voorhees wrote:@SlasherxKing @OCT 31 1978 @Dragonfire82877 @Trekapedia I got a new Article update to help Update the situation!

Thanks for the Tag and Update…..

I still don’t see this going in any direction that sees the Franchise in a place the remotely resembles the Films and character we love and want to see.

I also believe Victor will options the rights to F13 and make a new film with original Characters and possibly using some from the original…..release it Domestically….. if the budget is done correctly and it is marketed correctly the opportunity for big revenue is a possibility…..and that’s without working with Sean….. obviously working with Horror Inc if the bridge isn’t completely burnt ( which I believe is the case.) would definitely be better for us fans and open whole new doors of money and opportunity’s for the Franchise but alas….
I am not holding my breath as I believe neither one is willing to ever work with the other again.
OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Trekapedia October 1st 2021, 1:04 am

Yeah but money talks. Never say never is what I’ve learned from being a wrestling and horror fan. If they want a big payday, they’ll sign a deal and bury the hatchet. That’s what I see happening. I could actually see Jason Blum helping ease the tension somehow, since he wants to make a new movie.
Trekapedia
Trekapedia
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Fair Play October 1st 2021, 1:18 am

Until they can come to a proper understanding, I guess it's fan films in the meantime.

That's better than nothing.
Fair Play
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot

OCT 31 1978 and Trekapedia also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by SlasherxKing October 1st 2021, 12:45 pm

I saw Slash n cast cover this. It's sad that even the lawsuit being over still doesn't mean much for us fans
SlasherxKing
SlasherxKing
Scout
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees October 3rd 2021, 5:54 am

This is beyond amazing I just wish/hope GunMedia find it in there hearts to reopen the game with DLC.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by SlasherxKing October 3rd 2021, 1:43 pm

Jason Voorhees wrote:This is beyond amazing I just wish/hope GunMedia find it in there hearts to reopen the game with DLC.

I think what they should actually do is make a part 2 for current gen. Hopefully find a dev team with better coding skills and less bugs.
SlasherxKing
SlasherxKing
Scout
Scout

OCT 31 1978 and Trekapedia also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees October 16th 2021, 9:49 am

SlasherxKing wrote:
Jason Voorhees wrote:This is beyond amazing I just wish/hope GunMedia find it in there hearts to reopen the game with DLC.

I think what they should actually do is make a part 2 for current gen. Hopefully find a dev team with better coding skills and less bugs.

A Part 2 would take too long to achieve tbh, there are both the graphics updates and then smoothing absolutely everything with the codes given, we had to wait 3 months for a simple update that made the game darker remember lol.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by SlasherxKing October 19th 2021, 4:25 pm

Jason Voorhees wrote:
SlasherxKing wrote:

A Part 2 would take too long to achieve tbh, there are both the graphics updates and then smoothing absolutely everything with the codes given, we had to wait 3 months for a simple update that made the game darker remember lol.

Yeah, i remember... i was confused and disappointed when it came out. I was expecting the game to look and run better.. instead it was just really dark and everyone looked like they were covered in oil or made of plastic when it rained.
SlasherxKing
SlasherxKing
Scout
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees October 29th 2021, 4:34 am

SlasherxKing wrote:
Jason Voorhees wrote:
SlasherxKing wrote:

Yeah, i remember...   i was confused and disappointed when it came out. I was expecting the game to look and run better.. instead it was just really dark and everyone looked like they were covered in oil or made of plastic when it rained.

Sadly I wish the update happened AFTER the end of the content deadline....we could have had the Uber Jason, Grendel Map, and the new Jason kills....
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

SlasherxKing likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum