Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I've Messaged Scott Phillips the Writer for Friday the 13th: Church of the Divine Psychopath

Go down

Scott Phillips Answers Friday the 13th: Church of the Divine Psychopath Q/A Empty I've Messaged Scott Phillips the Writer for Friday the 13th: Church of the Divine Psychopath

Post by Jason Voorhees October 3rd 2021, 6:46 am

Scott Phillips Answers Friday the 13th: Church of the Divine Psychopath Q/A Screen12

Friday the 13th: Church of the Divine Psychopath is a 2005 novel written by Scott Phillips.

Despite the Black Flames Novels not being within the film/main canonization, he states his Novel would have taken place between Friday the 13th the New Blood (VII) and Jason Takes Manhattan (VIII)

Thank you to Scott Philips for being kind enough to answer my question on Instagram!
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

OCT 31 1978 and SlasherxKing also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Scott Phillips Answers Friday the 13th: Church of the Divine Psychopath Q/A Empty Re: I've Messaged Scott Phillips the Writer for Friday the 13th: Church of the Divine Psychopath

Post by SlasherxKing October 3rd 2021, 1:40 pm

Interesting! So what do you think Jason looks like during that time? Or does the novel describe it?
SlasherxKing
SlasherxKing
Scout
Scout

Back to top Go down

Scott Phillips Answers Friday the 13th: Church of the Divine Psychopath Q/A Empty Re: I've Messaged Scott Phillips the Writer for Friday the 13th: Church of the Divine Psychopath

Post by Jason Voorhees October 3rd 2021, 3:57 pm

SlasherxKing wrote:Interesting! So what do you think Jason looks like during that time? Or does the novel describe it?

I gotta buy all the novels to see where they fit in the timelines!
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

OCT 31 1978 and Trekapedia also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by OCT 31 1978 October 3rd 2021, 4:48 pm

Jason Voorhees wrote:
SlasherxKing wrote:Interesting! So what do you think Jason looks like during that time? Or does the novel describe it?

Same here
I still need to pick up :
Carnival of Maniacs
Hell Lake
And The Jason strain to compete series.
OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees October 3rd 2021, 11:05 pm

OCT 31 1978 wrote:
Jason Voorhees wrote:

Same here
I still need to pick up :
Carnival of Maniacs
Hell Lake
And The Jason strain to compete series.

People saying its a Prequel to Part XI but cant it fix on Part VI/PartVII/Part XI?
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by OCT 31 1978 October 4th 2021, 6:58 am

I am going to re-read the novels to get an exact idea of where they are placed….. if I remember correctly in church of the divine Psychopath he starts at the bottom of the Lake I don’t remember if he finds his way back or not…. But if it takes place between 7 and 8…. He would have to eventually wind up back down there.
OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees October 4th 2021, 7:27 am

OCT 31 1978 wrote:I am going to re-read the novels to get an exact idea of where they are placed….. if I remember correctly in church of the divine Psychopath he starts at the bottom of the Lake I don’t remember if he finds his way back or not…. But if it takes place between 7 and 8…. He would have to eventually wind up back down there.

End of Part 7 he is dragged back down and in Part 8 it is showing him at the bottom of the lake still.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by OCT 31 1978 October 4th 2021, 12:47 pm

Jason Voorhees wrote:
OCT 31 1978 wrote:I am going to re-read the novels to get an exact idea of where they are placed….. if I remember correctly in church of the divine Psychopath he starts at the bottom of the Lake I don’t remember if he finds his way back or not…. But if it takes place between 7 and 8…. He would have to eventually wind up back down there.

End of Part 7 he is dragged back down and in Part 8 it is showing him at the bottom of the lake still.

Yep I don’t remember how the book ends but he must get back in the Lake somehow for it to take place between those to films.
OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees October 7th 2021, 12:32 am

OCT 31 1978 wrote:
Jason Voorhees wrote:

Yep I don’t remember how the book ends but he must get back in the Lake somehow for it to take place between those to films.

Someone on Reddit had linked me to the full novel.

Friday the 13th: Church of the Divine Psychopath
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by OCT 31 1978 October 7th 2021, 5:55 pm

Sweet!!
OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees October 9th 2021, 2:21 am

OCT 31 1978 wrote:Sweet!!

I even have the Novels for Jason X so Im excited!!!
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

OCT 31 1978 likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by OCT 31 1978 October 11th 2021, 5:29 pm

Jason Voorhees wrote:

I downloaded the Ebook version of the books I am missing as well started Church of the Divine Psychopath tonight!!!

I am definitely happy to finally have them all even digitized versions!! Lol

I will still be on the look out for physical copies at a decent price on eBay and What not .
OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees October 12th 2021, 1:46 pm

OCT 31 1978 wrote:
Jason Voorhees wrote:

I downloaded the Ebook version of the books I am missing as well started Church of the Divine Psychopath tonight!!!

I am definitely happy to finally have them all even digitized versions!! Lol

I will still be on the look out for physical copies at a decent price on eBay and What not .

Im hoping to buy some!
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by OCT 31 1978 October 13th 2021, 6:09 pm

I am on chapter 8 of Church of the Divine Psychopath…..I forgot how funny and dirty and entertaining the writing for this book was really enjoying it so far!
OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees June 26th 2023, 10:35 pm

OCT 31 1978 wrote:I am on chapter 8 of Church of the Divine Psychopath…..I forgot how funny and dirty and entertaining the writing for this book was really enjoying it so far!

How did you enjoy the book?? I'm still reading the original set of novels! (Work been getting in the way!)
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by OCT 31 1978 June 28th 2023, 4:44 pm

Jason Voorhees wrote:
OCT 31 1978 wrote:I am on chapter 8 of Church of the Divine Psychopath…..I forgot how funny and dirty and entertaining the writing for this book was really enjoying it so far!

How did you enjoy the book?? I'm still reading the original set of novels! (Work been getting in the way!)

Love Them! I Also read Hell Lake, Hate, Kill, Repeat, carnival of Maniacs for the original F13 novels.
I also read the first Jason X novelization and Jason X The experiment!! Every one of them were very entertaining!!
OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees June 30th 2023, 4:15 am

OCT 31 1978 wrote:
Jason Voorhees wrote:

Love Them! I Also read Hell Lake, Hate, Kill, Repeat, carnival of Maniacs for the original F13 novels.
I also read the first Jason X novelization and Jason X The experiment!! Every one of them were very entertaining!!

Nice! I gotta get back into reading them myself! Part 4 Jason
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum