Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another movie in 2023?

Go down

Another movie in 2023? Empty Another movie in 2023?

Post by ThePunisher December 14th 2021, 7:58 pm

With the lawsuit being " over", and the original writer having domestic rights, would you see another movie?

I've read where the writer hated the idea of Jason being the killer, seeing him as a victim. Would you see another movie, but without Jason as the killer?
ThePunisher
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Another movie in 2023? Empty Re: Another movie in 2023?

Post by jasn88cubs December 14th 2021, 8:32 pm

Jason has to be killer
jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by OCT 31 1978 December 15th 2021, 5:01 pm

ThePunisher wrote:With the lawsuit being " over", and the original writer having domestic rights, would you see another movie?

I've read where the writer hated the idea of Jason being the killer, seeing him as a victim.  Would you see another movie, but without Jason as the killer?

If we see another movie anytime soon it will only have elements from the very first Friday the 13th….. Jason will not look like the Hockey masked killer we all know and love… if he is even the killer at all.
OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees December 15th 2021, 7:41 pm

OCT 31 1978 wrote:
ThePunisher wrote:With the lawsuit being " over", and the original writer having domestic rights, would you see another movie?

I've read where the writer hated the idea of Jason being the killer, seeing him as a victim.  Would you see another movie, but without Jason as the killer?

If we see another movie anytime soon it will only have elements from the very first Friday the 13th….. Jason will not look like the Hockey masked killer we all now and love… if he is even the killer at all.

Yeah, with Victor Miller winning the current rights to the first film script and being only to the original film we wont be seeing a legitimate Jason (Sackhead or Hockey Mask) under Victor Miller as he said himself that he always visioned Jason as being Dead.

And since him and Sean Cunningham arent on Good terms, its up to Warner Bros., Directors, and Writers to create something without the origin story or they can retcon back to the original series to Avoid all of that.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasonvoorhees13th December 15th 2021, 8:09 pm

OCT 31 1978 wrote:

If we see another movie anytime soon it will only have elements from the very first Friday the 13th….. Jason will not look like the Hockey masked killer we all now and love… if he is even the killer at all.
inmagine the rotten Rating from Rotten tomatoes since in the future or 2023 fans and the original cast including kane hodder will disown the future upcoming film in 2023
Jasonvoorhees13th
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot

OCT 31 1978 likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher December 17th 2021, 12:48 pm

Jasonvoorhees13th wrote:
OCT 31 1978 wrote:

inmagine the rotten Rating from Rotten tomatoes since in the future or 2023 fans and the original cast including kane hodder will disown the future upcoming film in 2023

I'd be with Kane on that one.
ThePunisher
First Class
First Class

jasn88cubs likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees December 18th 2021, 10:57 am

I am hoping that Kane gets a chance to replay as Jason due to them screwing him over for Freddy Vs Jason.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trekapedia December 23rd 2021, 3:29 am

I’ve learned never say never when it comes to the franchise. If Blumhouse gets the rights, then I could see them getting people together and mending fences and saying “want a big movie? Look how big the Halloween movies we did have been” and helping people to mend fences.
Trekapedia
Trekapedia
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees December 23rd 2021, 5:11 am

Trekapedia wrote:I’ve learned never say never when it comes to the franchise. If Blumhouse gets the rights, then I could see them getting people together and mending fences and saying “want a big movie? Look how big the Halloween movies we did have been” and helping people to mend fences.

If Blumhouse gets the rights I am up for it but they gotta get the big three...

Kane Hodder
C.J. Graham
Or Derek Mears

These are by far my picks for reprising Jason since we sadly lost Richard and Steve and then Ted is too old for the part sadly.....
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Trekapedia likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm Not a Goalie December 23rd 2021, 11:05 am

2023 is probably too ambitious. I know Blumhouse was just an example, but if they got involved that just makes things more complicated. I believe they currently have a ten year deal with Universal that doesn't expire until the summer of 2024, and I don't know how that would effect any potential deal... Other than the profits would at the very least have to be split four ways, and if Cunningham has shown us anything over the last several years, it's that he doesn't like to share.

I agree with the sentiment never say never though. The promise of lots of money tends to cure all ills. I know a lot of people think Miller is going to hold a grudge over the lawsuit, but honestly I think he's going to be easier to work with than Cunningham, who I'd personally be wary of working with at the moment if I was another studio. I honestly don't know what he's thinking. I want to call him a greedy bastard, but he's literally left millions on the table, opting instead to participate in these glorified pissing matches called lawsuits while seemingly content to let the franchise sit and rot in the process. Maybe he was trying to play the long game, hoping the lawsuit would work out in his favor. Now that total control is no longer an option, maybe he'll finally eat some humble pie and realize a portion of the profits is better than no profits at all. Then again, I have questions as to how much Cunningham actually cares about the franchise, and if he wouldn't be content to let it rot out of spite.
I'm Not a Goalie
I'm Not a Goalie
Second Class
Second Class

SonofOdin6039 and Trekapedia also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by SonofOdin6039 January 14th 2022, 11:17 am

What I don't really understand was why the ownership rights only recently became an issue after 30 years, 11 films, and now the game. Why didn't they duke it out years ago when the movies were popping out left and right? Maybe back then they would have come to some understanding and agreement before years of bitterness took its toll. At least until they got us to 13 movies. Was that too much to ask of them? Or maybe I'm off base here. Apologies if I am. Cheers
SonofOdin6039
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Post by jasn88cubs January 14th 2022, 12:00 pm

Friday the 13th: The Return

Back at Camp Crystal Lake

jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Fair Play January 14th 2022, 1:01 pm

A new movie would be ideal, if the stars would align, and all parties involved would put the fans first, instead of profits or egos.
Fair Play
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by OCT 31 1978 January 14th 2022, 9:20 pm

SonofOdin6039 wrote:What I don't really understand was why the ownership rights only recently became an issue after 30 years, 11 films,  and now the game. Why didn't they duke it out years ago when the movies were popping out left and right?  Maybe back then they would have come to some understanding and agreement before years of bitterness took its toll. At least until they got us to 13 movies. Was that too much to ask of them? Or maybe I'm off base here. Apologies if I am. Cheers

The rights just recently became a dispute because of a law passed that writers of copyrighted works and file a clause of termination of their copyrighted work….. the rights couldn’t be disputed until the cancellation could be submitted…..Victor had a older deal that he was getting paid for the rights up till then.

It was passed in court to give the original authors the ability to renegotiation the terms /pay /compensation / deals of use of their copyrighted work.

The real problem is that If Sean had played ball and paid Victor appropriately from the get go this would never have been an issue….. if a person was making many millions of dollars from movies based on characters you created and you were being payed thousands for ……you would want to renegotiate that deal too.
OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum