Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

hobbies

Go down

hobbies Empty hobbies

Post by ThePunisher January 28th 2022, 5:43 pm

What kind of hobbies do you have?

Personally, I enjoy reading, mostly horror and true crime. I've bought a drone. And of course, I enjoy movies, mostly horror. I am a diehard Yankees fan.
ThePunisher
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

hobbies Empty Re: hobbies

Post by OCT 31 1978 January 28th 2022, 8:57 pm

ThePunisher wrote:What kind of hobbies do you have?  

Personally, I enjoy reading, mostly horror and true crime.  I've bought a drone.  And of course, I enjoy movies, mostly horror.  I am a diehard Yankees fan.  

I Love Movies, Theme Parks, action figures/ movie memorabilia collecting, action figure customizing drawing, reading, video games.
OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by jasn88cubs January 30th 2022, 5:36 am

reading, watching old movies, sports, going to dirt car races,adding to man cave collection
jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by SonofOdin6039 January 30th 2022, 2:22 pm

Reading, shooting, sailing, hiking, gaming, cooking
SonofOdin6039
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees January 30th 2022, 5:13 pm

The usual hobbies

Cosplaying, Video Games, Reading, and now Writing.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragonfire82877 January 31st 2022, 1:21 pm

My hobbies are drawing, painting, used to do tattoos, movies (love 80's horror, sci-fi and comedy) and collecting stuff.

Collection
Dragonfire82877
Dragonfire82877
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees January 31st 2022, 1:44 pm

Dragonfire82877 wrote:My hobbies are drawing, painting, used to do tattoos, movies (love 80's horror, sci-fi and comedy) and collecting stuff.

Collection
I didnt know you had a Youtube Channel! Subscribed!
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

OCT 31 1978 likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by Fair Play February 21st 2022, 11:59 pm

I'll stick to my active hobbies. I have more hobbies than time to indulge in them. In no particular order:

Anime, gaming, cooking, game design, archery, collectibles, music, classic films, tech customization, fishing
Fair Play
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan1987 May 10th 2024, 5:17 am

So besides horror, I like reading, cycling, going to sauna and punching bag boxing.
Ivan1987
Ivan1987
Scout
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by ZroSkeerd May 10th 2024, 1:09 pm

I'm another reader. My shelf has a little bit of everything - horror, mystery, sci-fi/fantasy, true crime, history, film novelizations. I've already got more books in my to-be-read pile than I'll ever have time to get to, but I keep buying more.

I'm also a gamer, but my taste there isn't nearly as wide. I tend to stick with single-player games - horror and adventure, although I do dabble in The Elder Scrolls Online a few times a month.

Other than that I like to tick classic movies off of my to-watch-list and going fishing when I can get out of the house.
ZroSkeerd
ZroSkeerd
The Local
The Local

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher May 10th 2024, 4:13 pm

do any of you know anyone who has gone exploring abandoned buildings?
ThePunisher
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees May 11th 2024, 5:08 am

ThePunisher wrote:do any of you know anyone who has gone exploring abandoned buildings?

I have but it honestly depends what state you are in because it most it's illegal asf lol..
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher May 11th 2024, 7:43 am

Jason Voorhees wrote:
ThePunisher wrote:do any of you know anyone who has gone exploring abandoned buildings?

I have but it honestly depends what state you are in because it most it's illegal asf lol..

Not to mention the decayed buildings, homeless and drug dealer populations, and don't get hurt whatever you do because you may never get found!!!!
ThePunisher
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan1987 May 11th 2024, 12:26 pm

I read about a guy, who almost has this as a second job. Personally, I would never set my foot to such structure.
Ivan1987
Ivan1987
Scout
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher May 11th 2024, 5:08 pm

Ivan1987 wrote:I read about a guy, who almost has this as a second job. Personally, I would never set my foot to such structure.

I don't blame you. A lot of those places look unstable.
ThePunisher
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan1987 May 12th 2024, 2:11 pm

Do you guys have a lot of time for your hobbies? I mean, I work almost every day, I'm usually off on workdays, when I have a shitload of other things to do. I tend to have two free weekends in one month and this is when I have more time. But my life is so fast and busy that I almost consider it a success that I'm finally able to sit down and watch my favorite horror movie. Ironically, I always find some short time to check out internet, but whether it's reading a book or watching a movie, it's almost a miracle to go undisturbed for two hours!
Ivan1987
Ivan1987
Scout
Scout

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher May 12th 2024, 2:57 pm

Ivan1987 wrote:Do you guys have a lot of time for your hobbies? I mean, I work almost every day, I'm usually off on workdays, when I have a shitload of other things to do. I tend to have two free weekends in one month and this is when I have more time. But my life is so fast and busy that I almost consider it a success that I'm finally able to sit down and watch my favorite horror movie. Ironically, I always find some short time to check out internet, but whether it's reading a book or watching a movie, it's almost a miracle to go undisturbed for two hours!

I have every weekend off, but it's still a challenge to get hobbies in. I have laundry to do, grocery shopping and just trying to relax a bit. Next week, I'm going to see the Yankees at a home game.
ThePunisher
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by jasn88cubs May 13th 2024, 9:05 pm

Ivan1987 wrote:Do you guys have a lot of time for your hobbies? I mean, I work almost every day, I'm usually off on workdays, when I have a shitload of other things to do. I tend to have two free weekends in one month and this is when I have more time. But my life is so fast and busy that I almost consider it a success that I'm finally able to sit down and watch my favorite horror movie. Ironically, I always find some short time to check out internet, but whether it's reading a book or watching a movie, it's almost a miracle to go undisturbed for two hours!

i've had to sacrifice some since i'm in a serious relationship now. I still do alot of my hobbies but not as much. But that's fine.

jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher May 14th 2024, 5:00 pm

I've gotten into writing short stories with a focus on horror.
ThePunisher
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm Not a Goalie May 14th 2024, 8:49 pm

My father-in-law is an amateur Ghost Hunter so he's been to a couple in his time. I'd personally love to go poking around old buildings, and old cemeteries for that matter. The creepier, the better. Waverly Hills Sanatorium is only a couple of hours from where I live, and I'd love to visit there. They do offer guest tours, but it's not quite the same as exploring the place yourself in the middle of the night without someone guiding you by the hand...

There's a town along the Mississippi river near the point where Missouri, Kentucky, and Illinois all meet called Cairo. It's a literal ghosttown where relatively modern looking buildings have become so rundown and decrepit that it's amazing that area hasn't been bulldozed to the ground... We can only figure that the town is so abandoned and poor that it's basically become forgotten, it's almost literally become frozen in time. My wife and I have talked about trying up their just to walk the streets... Don't even need to snoop around any buildings, just roaming around the town would feel unnerving enough.

hobbies Fcdc8310

I'm Not a Goalie
I'm Not a Goalie
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher May 15th 2024, 5:38 pm

I'm Not a Goalie wrote:

My father-in-law is an amateur Ghost Hunter so he's been to a couple in his time. I'd personally love to go poking around old buildings, and old cemeteries for that matter. The creepier, the better. Waverly Hills Sanatorium is only a couple of hours from where I live, and I'd love to visit there. They do offer guest tours, but it's not quite the same as exploring the place yourself in the middle of the night without someone guiding you by the hand...

There's a town along the Mississippi river near the point where Missouri, Kentucky, and Illinois all meet called Cairo. It's a literal ghosttown where relatively modern looking buildings have become so rundown and decrepit that it's amazing that area hasn't been bulldozed to the ground... We can only figure that the town is so abandoned and poor that it's basically become forgotten, it's almost literally become frozen in time. My wife and I have talked about trying up their just to walk the streets... Don't even need to snoop around any buildings, just roaming around the town would feel unnerving enough.

hobbies Fcdc8310

Would police come if you went into Waverly ills alone?
ThePunisher
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm Not a Goalie May 15th 2024, 9:19 pm

ThePunisher wrote:
I'm Not a Goalie wrote:

hobbies Fcdc8310

Would police come if you went into Waverly ills alone?

It's private property, so definitely. As long as someone owns the property, you always run that risk.
I'm Not a Goalie
I'm Not a Goalie
Second Class
Second Class

ThePunisher likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum