Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doom or Blood?

Go down

Doom or Blood? Empty Doom or Blood?

Post by Jasonvoorhees13th April 5th 2022, 5:28 pm

Well Doom and Doom is good it has you killing demons with Good weapons such as The BFG 9000 the super shotgun the chainsaw and other weapons that a marine can kill demons...And there's monolith's Blood it has Caleb a Gunslinger Returned from the grave and killing zombies and cultists with a double barrel shotgun a pitchfork and a flare gun and a skull on a stick called the life Leech a Tesla cannon and a napalm launcher and the VOODOO DOLL! And of course Caleb has to from levels like Crypts Cemeteries Train stations Snowed hedgemazes Haunted hotels mansions and Freddy Krueger's boiler room Jason Voorhees's Camp crystal lake and churches carnivals etc. Which one is your favorite?
Jasonvoorhees13th
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot

Back to top Go down

Doom or Blood? Empty Re: Doom or Blood?

Post by Jasonvoorhees13th April 5th 2022, 5:29 pm

Also there's TNT in blood.
Jasonvoorhees13th
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm Not a Goalie April 5th 2022, 5:57 pm

Nothing comes close to touching Doom. Blood is a brutally fun love letter to the horror genre and deserves much more attention and appreciation than it's gotten over the years, but there's a reason Doom is the gold standard for old school FPS games. One is a franchise everyone born after 1980 has either played or at least heard of, and has survived as a major part of video game culture for three decades... And the other is obscure gem that died off way too quickly after a poorly designed sequel, and is hardly remembered outside of a few hardcore fans from the game's initial run. I'd personally never even heard of Blood myself until several years ago when I found Let's Plays of it on Youtube, which made me wonder how the hell have I never heard of this game before? Blood ranks right up their with Splatterhouse 3 for graphically violent games to come out of the 90's that got tragically overlooked.

My own personal preference though... Doom, Part II in particular is the most fun for me to play with it's simplistic control scheme and iconic roster of monsters. Blood is more fun for me to watch other people play due to the flood of horror Easter Eggs and creative level designs that early Doom could only dream about. The gameplay for Blood could get so ridiculously punishing that it hurts the fun factor just a bit.
I'm Not a Goalie
I'm Not a Goalie
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees April 5th 2022, 7:17 pm

Doom is literally the best demon killing/shooter video game of all times.

Nothing can come close to the Doom Guy (or Doomslayer) character!
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasonvoorhees13th April 7th 2022, 3:37 pm

Jason Voorhees wrote:Doom is literally the best demon killing/shooter video game of all times.

Same with the alien killer Duke nukem! Or the Undead Gunslinger caleb from blood.
Jasonvoorhees13th
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees April 7th 2022, 8:17 pm

Jasonvoorhees13th wrote:
Jason Voorhees wrote:Doom is literally the best demon killing/shooter video game of all times.

Same with the alien killer Duke nukem! Or the Undead Gunslinger caleb from blood.
Eeeeh Duke Nukem is ok lol we got Master Chief from Halo with a bigger alien body count.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasonvoorhees13th April 8th 2022, 10:11 am

Jason Voorhees wrote:
Jasonvoorhees13th wrote:

Eeeeh Duke Nukem is ok lol we got Master Chief from Halo with a bigger alien body count.
Then there's the Undead Gunslinger Caleb from blood with a higher Zombie and cultist and demon kill count, much like Doom guy lol. And he has cool Red eyes.
Jasonvoorhees13th
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees April 9th 2022, 3:27 am

Jasonvoorhees13th wrote:
Jason Voorhees wrote:
Jasonvoorhees13th wrote:

Then there's the Undead Gunslinger Caleb from blood with a higher Zombie and cultist and demon kill count, much like Doom guy lol. And he has cool Red eyes.
I mean Doom has had 7 Games and plus he was in hell for 1,000+ years as of DOOM/DOOM: Eternal and I even recently found out he kills with Guns because he finds them to be fun but prefers to use his hands the Doomguy is very much fundamentally insane.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Fair Play April 10th 2022, 7:28 pm

Doom, hands down.
Fair Play
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by Jasonvoorhees13th June 2nd 2022, 3:16 pm

Jason Voorhees wrote:
Jasonvoorhees13th wrote:
Jason Voorhees wrote:
Jasonvoorhees13th wrote:

I mean Doom has had 7 Games and plus he was in hell for 1,000+ years as of DOOM/DOOM: Eternal and I even recently found out he kills with Guns because he finds them to be fun but prefers to use his hands the Doomguy is very much fundamentally insane.
it's just like that Doom comic from the 90's. Or brutal Doom.
Jasonvoorhees13th
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees June 3rd 2022, 9:39 pm

Jasonvoorhees13th wrote:
Jason Voorhees wrote:
Jasonvoorhees13th wrote:
Jason Voorhees wrote:
Jasonvoorhees13th wrote:

it's just like that Doom comic from the 90's. Or brutal Doom.
Yup the man completely has a unburning hatred towards any and all of demon kind.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum