Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

why Manhattan?

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

why Manhattan? Empty why Manhattan?

Post by jasn88cubs April 11th 2022, 1:23 pm

why did Jason even wanna leave Crystal Lake?

Why did he bother getting on the boat?

We never saw Jason leave Crystal Lake so why now?
jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

why Manhattan? Empty Re: why Manhattan?

Post by I'm Not a Goalie April 11th 2022, 4:31 pm

jasn88cubs wrote:why did Jason even wanna leave Crystal Lake?

Why did he bother getting on the boat?

We never saw Jason leave Crystal Lake so why now?

He didn't want to leave Crystal Lake. He just happened to get stirred back to life by a passing boat, and wound up on another boat that happened to be leaving Crystal Lake. (Don't get me started on how Crystal Lake suddenly connects to the ocean)

As for why he got on the boat, Hey, where there's teenagers to kill right? Seriously though, it's just a long drawn out plot device to get Jason to Vancouver... I mean New York. I actually thought it was a clever way to get him out of the camp and to a new location, since we all know Jason wouldn't leave Crystal Lake under his own volition. It made more sense than Jason suddenly materializing on Elm Street in Springwood Ohio.

The last one's pretty easy to answer. When P8 came out, it was the 8th Friday film to be released that decade... Box Office receipts were dwindling, so there wasn't really anywhere else to take the series at the time, so they tried something different in hopes of injecting some life back into the franchise. It's a similar reason as to why New Line shot him into Space for Jaxon X as quote, they felt there was no other place to take the series. Personally, I thought the concept of Jason terrorizing Manhattan could've been a fun idea. It was just too bad they couldn't afford to shoot in the city for more than a day or two.
I'm Not a Goalie
I'm Not a Goalie
Second Class
Second Class

jasn88cubs and OCT 31 1978 also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by jasn88cubs April 11th 2022, 6:13 pm

yea I like the idea of taking him to Manhattan, I just think it's funny that all of a sudden Jason wanted to venture away from Camp Blood when that was his home you know?

I understand they don't make these movies thinking "we better explain this" I was just sitting thinking, why would Jason wanna leave?
jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by OCT 31 1978 April 11th 2022, 10:55 pm

I am 100% certain Jason had no idea where that cruise ship was headed nor did he care….lol Jason is all about killing those pesky Teens and anyone he deems a trespasser on his territory.
I will say for F13 Part 8 JTM I was still living in New York at the time of this release and boy did it get me excited to know Jason was coming to my home town!! the trailer was amazing and I was hooked from the get go….. the marketing for the movie was terrific especially Jason slicing through the I I love you NY logo.
I still have my Fangoria magazines that featured the articles for JTM and even though it’s not my favorite film….the look of Jason is awesome and getting him out of Camp Crystal Lake was a good thing….. it was about time to see something different…..it also showed the versatility of the character it works where ever you put him in camp, a cruise ship the city in space…..etc.
OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class
First Class

SonofOdin6039 and Trekapedia also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees April 12th 2022, 1:32 am

You asking the real questions!
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Back to top Go down

Post by SonofOdin6039 April 12th 2022, 12:01 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Jason actually pilot the houseboat to the Lazarus? I'm fairly sure he didn't bother to tie it to a dock and get it serviced, but he deliberately went in that direction. That has always made me wonder why rather than come ashore to wreak havoc there. There were times I wondered if he were somehow drawn to Rennie since she was always having visions of him as a boy. Hence why he followed them to the Big Apple than coming ashore elsewhere after they abandoned ship. Just my take on it. Cheers and game on, my friends 👍
SonofOdin6039
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Post by jasn88cubs April 12th 2022, 2:51 pm

SonofOdin6039 wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Jason actually pilot the houseboat to the Lazarus? I'm fairly sure he didn't bother to tie it to a dock and get it serviced, but he deliberately went in that direction. That has always made me wonder why rather than come ashore to wreak havoc there. There were times I wondered if he were somehow drawn to Rennie since she was always having visions of him as a boy. Hence why he followed them to the Big Apple than coming ashore elsewhere after they abandoned ship. Just my take on it. Cheers and game on, my friends 👍

I imagine he stayed on boat and jumped on the Lazarus

I do think he was drawn to Rennie
She wasn't having sex or partying at the camp just a normal girl

But by then Jason was just a killing machine and was going after anyone

You could say the same for part 3 when he killed Edna and Harold
jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by jasn88cubs April 12th 2022, 5:56 pm

II just don;t understand why jason in Manhattan didn't result in more killings.

He had a mission for Rennie which I understand but it seems like he should have gone after more people

If you look at his history he often went after people for no reason

Harold and Edna, the 2 people in the car in pt 6, the nurse in pt 4 and the roadside girl

But also how did Jim's boat even move? How would Jason even know what to do?

How was Jason able to maneuver around the boat so well in pt 8?

You think he would have been intimidated by this new area
jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by OCT 31 1978 April 13th 2022, 10:16 am

Kane Hodders Jason Isn’t intimidated by anything.

There Could’ve been way more killings around New York that should have happened…I mean he did kill the two junkies, police officer, city worker and possibly the guy at the Restaurant/ diner……but I agree 100% he should have slaughtered everyone on the train and anyone he came across in Time Square.
OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class
First Class

jasn88cubs likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragonfire82877 April 26th 2022, 3:41 pm

OCT 31 1978 wrote: he should have slaughtered everyone on the train and anyone he came across in Time Square.

Especially those punks with the boom box. I would have loved to have seen him at least get the one with the switchblade and have the others run screaming like the little b's you know they were.
Dragonfire82877
Dragonfire82877
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot

OCT 31 1978 likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by OCT 31 1978 April 26th 2022, 5:08 pm

Dragonfire82877 wrote:
OCT 31 1978 wrote: he should have slaughtered everyone on the train and anyone he came across in Time Square.

Especially those punks with the boom box. I would have loved to have seen him at least get the one with the switchblade and have the others run screaming like the little b's you know they were.

For sure!! They missed a huge opportunity to have some very memorable kills in NY.
OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulbait70 May 24th 2022, 9:23 am

To me the question has always been how did they get to Manhattan? I know we're often forced to throw logic out the window in these movies but this one was a stretch even for me. How big is Crystal Lake?
Soulbait70
Soulbait70
Camper
Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by jasn88cubs May 24th 2022, 9:31 am

Soulbait70 wrote:To me the question has always been how did they get to Manhattan? I know we're often forced to throw logic out the window in these movies but this one was a stretch even for me. How big is Crystal Lake?

Answering that question is impossible lol

It makes no sense lol
jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulbait70 May 24th 2022, 9:52 am

jasn88cubs wrote:
Soulbait70 wrote:To me the question has always been how did they get to Manhattan? I know we're often forced to throw logic out the window in these movies but this one was a stretch even for me. How big is Crystal Lake?

Answering that question is impossible lol

It makes no sense lol

If you really want to ruin the franchise just look closely at any of the proposed timelines. They are so convoluted and contradictory that it makes your head hurt. I was working on some fan fiction and wanted to put everything in order. It was impossible.
Soulbait70
Soulbait70
Camper
Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees May 24th 2022, 10:32 am

From the looks of it Camp Crystal Lake is VERY Large both land and lake wise.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulbait70 May 24th 2022, 10:42 am

When you Google it you realize Camp No-Be-Bo-Sco isn't that far from Manhattan. It's a little over an hour and half by road.
Soulbait70
Soulbait70
Camper
Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees May 27th 2022, 8:02 am

Soulbait70 wrote:When you Google it you realize Camp No-Be-Bo-Sco isn't that far from Manhattan. It's a little over an hour and half by road.

I don't get why they didn't have Jason "Walk" or get transported to New York by Car instead of using a boat because by far its the most illogical method of transportation for that!
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

jasn88cubs and Soulbait70 also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulbait70 May 27th 2022, 10:29 am

Jason Voorhees wrote:
Soulbait70 wrote:When you Google it you realize Camp No-Be-Bo-Sco isn't that far from Manhattan. It's a little over an hour and half by road.

I don't get why they didn't have Jason "Walk" or get transported to New York by Car instead of using a boat because by far its the most illogical method of transportation for that!

I assume they knew they weren't going to have the budget to film much in NYC so they needed something to pad the runtime and Jason on a bus wouldn't work. However, it would have been interesting to see him walk all the way. I guess the problem there is why he would be going to NYC in the first place? The boat was the plot device used to get him there.
Soulbait70
Soulbait70
Camper
Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by jasn88cubs May 27th 2022, 12:21 pm

Have him in a vehicle going to NYC to a reaserch place, Jason escapes, terrorizes NYC

Only issue is how does he meet up with RENNIE and the other characters. Why be motivated to go after them specifically
jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

Soulbait70 likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulbait70 May 27th 2022, 1:15 pm

jasn88cubs wrote:Have him in a vehicle going to NYC to a reaserch place, Jason escapes, terrorizes NYC

Only issue is how does he meet up with RENNIE and the other characters. Why be motivated to go after them specifically

Yep. The only thing that connects him to the other characters is being on the boat.
Soulbait70
Soulbait70
Camper
Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by jasn88cubs May 31st 2022, 11:27 am

Soulbait70 wrote:
jasn88cubs wrote:Have him in a vehicle going to NYC to a reaserch place, Jason escapes, terrorizes NYC

Yep. The only thing that connects him to the other characters is being on the boat.

Do you think Jason remembered Rennie from when she was younger?
jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulbait70 May 31st 2022, 11:44 am

jasn88cubs wrote:
Soulbait70 wrote:

He's undead...I'm not sure how he remembers anything. However, he seemed to remember Tommy in part 6. Of course, Tommy's the one who put him down.

FWIW...my wife thinks that I overthink these movies. She's probably right.
Soulbait70
Soulbait70
Camper
Camper

jasn88cubs and I'm Not a Goalie also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by jasn88cubs May 31st 2022, 11:58 am

Soulbait70 wrote:
jasn88cubs wrote:
Soulbait70 wrote:

He's undead...I'm not sure how he remembers anything. However, he seemed to remember Tommy in part 6. Of course, Tommy's the one who put him down.

I think we all do lol

Nowadays I try to just shut my mind down when I'm watching

but it's fun to come on here and discuss

I just think it's weird Jason had such a thing for Rennie and Sean when they weren't the partying, drug,sex type teenagers

jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm Not a Goalie May 31st 2022, 12:02 pm

Soulbait70 wrote:
jasn88cubs wrote:
Soulbait70 wrote:

You're in the right place. Everyone on this forum overthinks these movies to potentially unhealthy degrees, and I'm absolutely fine with it.
I'm Not a Goalie
I'm Not a Goalie
Second Class
Second Class

jasn88cubs and OCT 31 1978 also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by jasn88cubs May 31st 2022, 12:27 pm

I'm Not a Goalie wrote:
Soulbait70 wrote:
jasn88cubs wrote:
Soulbait70 wrote:

You're in the right place. Everyone on this forum overthinks these movies to potentially unhealthy degrees, and I'm absolutely fine with it.

who thought 40 years ago, people would STILL be talking about them lol
jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum