Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The misconception Jason only went after drunk horny teenagers

Go down

The misconception Jason only went after drunk horny teenagers Empty The misconception Jason only went after drunk horny teenagers

Post by jasn88cubs April 12th 2022, 8:01 pm

You hear so much about Jason going after drunk, horny teenagers and yes while he did, he event went after people who weren't. Who really were just innocent victims

In Part 2 he killed the deputy which was understandable since the deputy found his shack. He killed Ralph which I could see since Ralph was always on the grounds

In part 3 he killed Edna and Harold for no reason. Just innocent victims. The bikers I can understand since they were in his territory

Part 4 he killed the 2 people at the hospital, the nurse he seeked out to kill and he also killed the roadside girl

Part 6 he killed Allen, understandable since Allen attacked him but then Jason killed the 2 counselors in the car (did Jason know they were counselors?) then he also killed the paintballers, the graveyard worker and the couple that was on that pinic *which I understand since Jason caught the guy watching him kill the graveyard worker. Obviously the sheriff and police were attacking Jason so I understand him going after them

Part 7 Everyone seemed legit

Part 8, the captain and his assistant were , to me no reason.

Anyway

I think it's funny there's this idea that Jason on;y goes for drunk teenagers, but that is not true

No one is safe
jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

The misconception Jason only went after drunk horny teenagers Empty Re: The misconception Jason only went after drunk horny teenagers

Post by Jason Voorhees April 12th 2022, 8:16 pm

Jason pretty much went after anyone regardless of Gender, Race, Age, or Disabilities.

You can be a stoner or a alcoholic
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

jasn88cubs likes this post!

Back to top Go down

The misconception Jason only went after drunk horny teenagers Empty Re: The misconception Jason only went after drunk horny teenagers

Post by I'm Not a Goalie April 12th 2022, 9:35 pm

To be fair, this misconception isn't just a Jason issue, but an issue for the entire slasher sub-genre. It was one of Scream's rules after all, you have sex in a horror movie, you die. It's a trope that almost feels like it was created from the outside by people who don't like horror movies, that somehow got adapted into an official cliché of the genre. It reminds me of BS arguments like Slasher Movies hate women, or are misogynistic and have to punish women who are more open sexually... You know, seeming to forget that all the men in those same films that get punished just as bad if not worse... Or that one of those girls these movies hate so much is usually kicking the big bad killer's ass by the end of it. Makes me wonder if these critics watch these films with one eye closed.

Now speaking purely from a Friday the 13th standpoint... I think the misconception started way back in the first film and can be traced back to Pamela herself. After all, she flips out after her little by drowns and blames the counselors who weren't watching him because they were... Making love as I believe Pam put it. That was the first connection linking sex to on screen murders, and even though the primary motive for Pamela's initial killing spree was to stop the Christy's from reopening the camp, that motive almost gets ignored as everybody focuses in on the sex part. Hell, I kind of wonder if maybe Pamela inadvertently started this cliché to begin with. Even when Jason shows up in P2, he comes across more as someone trying to avenge this mother and defend his territory more so than he seems interested in punishing sexual deviants. He also seems to be trying really hard to kill those supposed 'good girls', so no, I don't think Jason cares how much sex your having. There's a big difference between purposely targeting victims who are being promiscuous, and killing people who just happen to be drunk and horny... Not that you can expect the critics to pick out that subtle difference in context.

My apologies for another long-winded response to a question I clearly put too much though into, lol.
I'm Not a Goalie
I'm Not a Goalie
Second Class
Second Class

jasn88cubs, OCT 31 1978 and The Noble Idiot also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by jasn88cubs April 12th 2022, 9:53 pm

I'm Not a Goalie wrote:To be fair, this misconception isn't just a Jason issue, but an issue for the entire slasher sub-genre. It was one of Scream's rules after all, you have sex in a horror movie, you die. It's a trope that almost feels like it was created from the outside by people who don't like horror movies, that somehow got adapted into an official cliché of the genre. It reminds me of BS arguments like Slasher Movies hate women, or are misogynistic and have to punish women who are more open sexually... You know, seeming to forget that all the men in those same films that get punished just as bad if not worse... Or that one of those girls these movies hate so much is usually kicking the big bad killer's ass by the end of it. Makes me wonder if these critics watch these films with one eye closed.

Now speaking purely from a Friday the 13th standpoint... I think the misconception started way back in the first film and can be traced back to Pamela herself. After all, she flips out after her little by drowns and blames the counselors who weren't watching him because they were... Making love as I believe Pam put it. That was the first connection linking sex to on screen murders, and even though the primary motive for Pamela's initial killing spree was to stop the Christy's from reopening the camp, that motive almost gets ignored as everybody focuses in on the sex part. Hell, I kind of wonder if maybe Pamela inadvertently started this cliché to begin with. Even when Jason shows up in P2, he comes across more as someone trying to avenge this mother and defend his territory more so than he seems interested in punishing sexual deviants. He also seems to be trying really hard to kill those supposed 'good girls', so no, I don't think Jason cares how much sex your having. There's a big difference between purposely targeting victims who are being promiscuous, and killing people who just happen to be drunk and horny... Not that you can expect the critics to pick out that subtle difference in context.

My apologies for another long-winded response to a question I clearly put too much though into, lol.

You are fine. Keeps the site going! Keeps these films alive!
jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

I'm Not a Goalie likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragonfire82877 April 13th 2022, 8:54 am

You have to consider the fact that in the era F13 movies (basically all the good slasher movies) came about, it seemed the film makers were going to put in a fair amount of sex. The late 70's and most of the 80's was, how many sets of boobs can we get on the screen.

In my opinion, Jason didn't discriminate. He doesn't care if you are single, having sex, what race or gender you are or whatever. If you are in his path, you die (with the exception of children and animals).

I think the misconception comes from the fact that Pamela said what she said about Jason's death being a result of the counselors making love, and the fact that you were almost guaranteed to see sex in most of the movies.
Dragonfire82877
Dragonfire82877
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees April 13th 2022, 5:52 pm

I'm Not a Goalie wrote:To be fair, this misconception isn't just a Jason issue, but an issue for the entire slasher sub-genre. It was one of Scream's rules after all, you have sex in a horror movie, you die. It's a trope that almost feels like it was created from the outside by people who don't like horror movies, that somehow got adapted into an official cliché of the genre. It reminds me of BS arguments like Slasher Movies hate women, or are misogynistic and have to punish women who are more open sexually... You know, seeming to forget that all the men in those same films that get punished just as bad if not worse... Or that one of those girls these movies hate so much is usually kicking the big bad killer's ass by the end of it. Makes me wonder if these critics watch these films with one eye closed.

No need to apologize any and all reponses are welcomed!
Dragonfire82877 wrote:You have to consider the fact that in the era F13 movies (basically all the good slasher movies) came about, it seemed the film makers were going to put in a fair amount of sex. The late 70's and most of the 80's was, how many sets of boobs can we get on the screen.

In my opinion, Jason didn't discriminate. He doesn't care if you are single, having sex, what race or gender you are or whatever. If you are in his path, you die (with the exception of children and animals).

I think the misconception comes from the fact that Pamela said what she said about Jason's death being a result of the counselors making love, and the fact that you were almost guaranteed to see sex in most of the movies.
Pretty much this as well! And its very much true Jason doesnt outright kill Children or Unprovoked Animals.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by SonofOdin6039 April 15th 2022, 10:20 am

Well, he killed the captain of the Lazarus, Reggie's grandpa, and a few others who were no threat to him. Jason is a force of nature who kills at will. It would have been interesting to see him go on a massive killing spree in Times Square, attacking all within arms reach. Some of his kills like the paintball players were easy to understand since he needed the weapons. Harold and Edna died because he needed clothes. And so on and so on. Drunk and horny teenagers were only a part of his tally
SonofOdin6039
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees April 15th 2022, 12:48 pm

SonofOdin6039 wrote:Reggie's grandpa
That was Roy Burns 😂
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

OCT 31 1978 and SonofOdin6039 also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by SonofOdin6039 April 16th 2022, 4:58 pm

Lol. I stand corrected
SonofOdin6039
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees April 17th 2022, 4:30 pm

SonofOdin6039 wrote:Lol. I stand corrected
It's alright! but everything else was correct.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum