Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jason buried in cemetary

Go down

Jason buried in cemetary Empty Jason buried in cemetary

Post by jasn88cubs April 25th 2022, 9:16 am

ANyone think it's kinda weird Jason was buried in a cemetery?

I know I know what else would have been done with him? Well they could have turned him into ashed like the mayor in pt 5 said he was

He went on a weekend killing spree, would they just really bury him like normal?

Also why would they mark the grave? Wouldn't that leave it open for kids/teenagers to mess with the grave?

Like the mayor said really it would have made sense to burn the body and turn it to ashes
jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Jason buried in cemetary Empty Re: Jason buried in cemetary

Post by ThePunisher April 25th 2022, 10:31 am

jasn88cubs wrote:ANyone think it's kinda weird Jason was buried in a cemetery?

I know I know what else would have been done with him? Well they could have turned him into ashed like the mayor in pt 5 said he was

He went on a weekend killing spree, would they just really bury him like normal?

Also why would they mark the grave? Wouldn't that leave it open for kids/teenagers to mess with the grave?

Like the mayor said really it would have made sense to burn the body and turn it to ashes

Well, I don't think the town of Crystal Lake was known for its common sense. Look how many time someone tried to re-open the camp, and look at the people who sent their kids there. Then there was the police department that seemed to allow e a sharp instrument wielding maniac to walk free even though it seemed like they knew the area he worked in.

ThePunisher
First Class
First Class

jasn88cubs, I'm Not a Goalie and SonofOdin6039 also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by SonofOdin6039 April 25th 2022, 12:25 pm

Yeah for a town that renamed itself Forest Green to forget what Jason did, you'd think they'd cremate him or at least an unmarked grave so no one would come looking for him
SonofOdin6039
Second Class
Second Class

jasn88cubs likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm Not a Goalie April 25th 2022, 12:44 pm

Because it would've been hard to bring him back from the dead if they had actually cremated the body? Lol, I don't know. We hadn't gotten to the Necronomicon and nano-whatever portions of the time line quite yet.

We gotta remember that Part 6 was half franchise course correction, and half middle finger to the fanbase for rejecting the direction of P5. That movie didn't give a shit if anything made sense. It was a film that said, we're giving you want you want so now shut up and go fuck yourselves, and I absolutely adore it for that attitude. It's the only movie I can really think of to take that kind of attitude and make it work so well... Maybe because it was truly unique for it's time... Not like today were it's basically become in vouge for franchises to shit all over their fanbases because they can.
I'm Not a Goalie
I'm Not a Goalie
Second Class
Second Class

jasn88cubs, OCT 31 1978 and SonofOdin6039 also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by jasn88cubs April 25th 2022, 2:02 pm

SonofOdin6039 wrote:Yeah for a town that renamed itself Forest Green to forget what Jason did, you'd think they'd cremate him or at least an unmarked grave so no one would come looking for him

and didn't Megan now know who he was?

I understand the town wanted to forget Jason but I find it hard to believe a teenager like her wouldn't know. By the looks of it, it had been was 12-15 years since part 4? Just a guess. She had to be around Tommy's age so wouldn't she have known about Jason anyway since she was alive at that time?
jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by OCT 31 1978 April 25th 2022, 5:34 pm

She made a comment to her Dad “I thought Jason Voorhees was just a Legend?” To which he replied “That’s Right.”

So I am pretty sure after the events of Part Five and possibly before that everyone in law and government positions started pushing that agenda that Jason and camp blood were just Legends….or tall tales to keep their teens/ kids in line.
OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by jasn88cubs April 25th 2022, 6:55 pm

OCT 31 1978 wrote:She made a comment to her Dad “I thought Jason Voorhees was just a Legend?” To which he replied “That’s Right.”

So I am pretty sure after the events of Part Five and possibly before that everyone in law and government positions started pushing that agenda that Jason and camp blood were just Legends….or tall tales to keep their teens/ kids in line.

Oh ok, It has been awhile since I seen it

Kinda funny they passed it off as a legend....when they had a burial spot with his name on the gravestone
jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher April 26th 2022, 10:15 am

jasn88cubs wrote:
OCT 31 1978 wrote:She made a comment to her Dad “I thought Jason Voorhees was just a Legend?” To which he replied “That’s Right.”

Kinda funny they passed it off as a legend....when they had a burial spot with his name on the gravestone

Wasn't there also a headstone for his mother in Part 4?

Sheriff Garris sure took it personally when Tommy kept talking about Jason. It's like he had to keep it under wraps all by himself or something. Of course, thinking Tommy was carzy got under his skin? I'm sure Megan thinking Tommy was cute didn't help his mood any.
ThePunisher
First Class
First Class

jasn88cubs and OCT 31 1978 also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by OCT 31 1978 April 26th 2022, 5:17 pm

ThePunisher wrote:
jasn88cubs wrote:

Wasn't there also a headstone for his mother in Part 4?

Sheriff Garris sure took it personally when Tommy kept talking about Jason. It's like he had to keep it under wraps all by himself or something. Of course, thinking Tommy was carzy got under his skin? I'm sure Megan thinking Tommy was cute didn't help his mood any.

I agree 100% Sheriff Garris did seem extremely agitated with the whole situation….he definitely came off like if someone pulled on one string of the Forest Green make over cover up it would call unravel ….. and yes in Part 4 they did Show Pamela’s Tombstone.
OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by jasn88cubs April 26th 2022, 6:13 pm

So was part 5 in a different town? I assume so yes?

I wonder what happened with the sheriff there. He was wrong that it was Jason in pt 5 but boy he would have been right baout pt 6
jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by SonofOdin6039 April 27th 2022, 3:42 pm

It seemed to me Pamela was buried in a smaller cemetery than the one Jason was in, almost like a private family plot. At some point you have to wonder if other members of the Vorhees family had them buried where they were simply because they were family. If Ed Geins could be buried in the same cemetery as one of his victims, unbelievably within sight of each other, then someone took the time to have Jason buried properly. Maybe.
SonofOdin6039
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulbait70 May 24th 2022, 9:28 am

jasn88cubs wrote:So was part 5 in a different town? I assume so yes?

I wonder what happened with the sheriff there. He was wrong that it was Jason in pt 5 but boy he would have been right baout pt 6

It never says where Pinehurst is but I just assumed it was somewhere in NJ not too far from Crystal Lake.
Soulbait70
Soulbait70
Camper
Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulbait70 May 24th 2022, 9:31 am

In the original screenplay and the novelization for Jason Lives it explains that Elias Voorhees was maintaining the graves. I don't know if we're to consider that canon or not. One of the fan films picks up after Jason Lives and runs with the whole Elias storyline. In fact, C.J. Graham plays him.
Soulbait70
Soulbait70
Camper
Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees May 24th 2022, 10:36 am

Soulbait70 wrote:In the original screenplay and the novelization for Jason Lives it explains that Elias Voorhees was maintaining the graves. I don't know if we're to consider that canon or not. One of the fan films picks up after Jason Lives and runs with the whole Elias storyline. In fact, C.J. Graham plays him.
I had a interesting 20+ min talk with Tom Mcloughlin and Elias isn't the true name more or less just the step dad to Jason.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulbait70 May 24th 2022, 10:44 am

Jason Voorhees wrote:
Soulbait70 wrote:In the original screenplay and the novelization for Jason Lives it explains that Elias Voorhees was maintaining the graves. I don't know if we're to consider that canon or not. One of the fan films picks up after Jason Lives and runs with the whole Elias storyline. In fact, C.J. Graham plays him.
I had a interesting 20+ min talk with Tom Mcloughlin and Elias isn't the true name more or less just the step dad to Jason.

Now that is interesting.
Soulbait70
Soulbait70
Camper
Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees May 27th 2022, 8:08 am

Soulbait70 wrote:
Jason Voorhees wrote:

Now that is interesting.

The whole conversation he commented that Jason was simply born with supernatural genetics from his father and it only activated after his death and then resurrection, it makes sense because in the storyboard we see of the original ending of Jason Lives with Marin the Caretaker has Jason's father staring at the grave mourning, but then he is staring in the direction of the lake pissed off that his son wasn't in his grave.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Soulbait70 likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulbait70 May 27th 2022, 10:26 am

Jason Voorhees wrote:
Soulbait70 wrote:
Jason Voorhees wrote:

Now that is interesting.

The whole conversation he commented that Jason was simply born with supernatural genetics from his father and it only activated after his death and then resurrection, it makes sense because in the storyboard we see of the original ending of Jason Lives with Marin the Caretaker has Jason's father staring at the grave mourning, but then he is staring in the direction of the lake pissed off that his son wasn't in his grave.

Have you seen Friday the 13th: Vengeance? It brings Elias Voorhees into the story.

https://youtu.be/safSagTBO6Q
Soulbait70
Soulbait70
Camper
Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm Not a Goalie May 27th 2022, 11:48 am

Jason Voorhees wrote:
Soulbait70 wrote:
Jason Voorhees wrote:

Now that is interesting.

I have mixed feelings about that... That scene with Jason's father in the cemetery sounds like an awesome way to end one of these movies if they leave it alone at that. Just not for P6 since it doesn't fit the tone of the rest of that film at all, so I can see why they didn't go there. Not crazy about the idea of supernatural genetics though. I stand by my opinion that some questions are better left unanswered. We don't need to know if Jason actually drowned in the lake or not, or how he came back if he did, or why he just keeps coming back in general. When these franchises try to force answers for these type of questions, we get the freaking Necronomicon, Curses of Thorne, and Dream Demons. None of these franchises were any better for forcing answers to these questions nobody really wanted the answers too.
I'm Not a Goalie
I'm Not a Goalie
Second Class
Second Class

OCT 31 1978 and Soulbait70 also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum