Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

13 Fanboy - Directed by Deborah Voorhees from F13 Part 5

Go down

13 Fanboy - Directed by Deborah Voorhees from F13 Part 5 Empty 13 Fanboy - Directed by Deborah Voorhees from F13 Part 5

Post by Dragonfire82877 May 8th 2022, 4:48 pm

Anyone else see this one? Thoughts? I loved the idea of having Friday the 13th alumni as the cast. The plot was great, but the part of the dude they had playing the “fanboy” should have been cast differently. They kind of made Kane Hodder look like a punk compared to CJ Graham as well. Graham put up a hell of a fight, but yet they made it look like Kane was struggling. Both should have easily been able to handle the fanboy. Besides the fanboy, the cast did a great job. Great plot twist at the end as well. I thoroughly enjoyed it, for what it was.
If you have Showtime, you can stream it on Showtime On Demand.
Dragonfire82877
Dragonfire82877
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot

Back to top Go down

13 Fanboy - Directed by Deborah Voorhees from F13 Part 5 Empty Re: 13 Fanboy - Directed by Deborah Voorhees from F13 Part 5

Post by Jason Voorhees May 8th 2022, 5:10 pm

Dragonfire82877 wrote:Anyone else see this one? Thoughts? I loved the idea of having Friday the 13th alumni as the cast. The plot was great, but the part of the dude they had playing the “fanboy” should have been cast differently. They kind of made Kane Hodder look like a punk compared to CJ Graham as well. Graham put up a hell of a fight, but yet they made it look like Kane was struggling. Both should have easily been able to handle the fanboy. Besides the fanboy, the cast did a great job. Great plot twist at the end as well. I thoroughly enjoyed it, for what it was.
If you have Showtime, you can stream it on Showtime On Demand.
I got it on DVD gonna watch it soon!
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Dragonfire82877 likes this post!

Back to top Go down

13 Fanboy - Directed by Deborah Voorhees from F13 Part 5 Empty Re: 13 Fanboy - Directed by Deborah Voorhees from F13 Part 5

Post by CaldoTheKid February 6th 2023, 11:20 pm

It was okay doubt I'll watch it again but.
CaldoTheKid
CaldoTheKid
Town Resident
Town Resident

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees February 7th 2023, 1:53 am

CaldoTheKid wrote:It was okay doubt I'll watch it again but.
I preordered and definitely gonna be watching it soon havent had the closet chance to go for DVDs.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm Not a Goalie February 7th 2023, 2:57 am

Found it on Tubi by complete accident a couple of months ago. It was a fun little novelty film. Seeing so many of the old cast members so many years later was fun to see. It did make me wonder how they got away with making this film during the height of the lawsuit. I'm sorry but there's no way to Jedi Mind trick away the fact that they were using the Friday the 13th brand to make money off this film. They even had captions that proudly displayed which movie each actor was in and what role they played. Not a big deal, but as soon as I think I understand copyright law I find out something like this somehow exists, lol.
I'm Not a Goalie
I'm Not a Goalie
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees February 9th 2023, 3:30 pm

I'm Not a Goalie wrote:Found it on Tubi by complete accident a couple of months ago. It was a fun little novelty film. Seeing so many of the old cast members so many years later was fun to see. It did make me wonder how they got away with making this film during the height of the lawsuit. I'm sorry but there's no way to Jedi Mind trick away the fact that they were using the Friday the 13th brand to make money off this film. They even had captions that proudly displayed which movie each actor was in and what role they played. Not a big deal, but as soon as I think I understand copyright law I find out something like this somehow exists, lol.

Ofcourse that's the homage part haha.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by mnknut30 February 8th 2024, 10:22 pm

Honestly. I thought it was horrible. All of it. The acting and that ending was incredibly stupid. I will give deborah props for putting the effort into making it. But I found it extremely underwhelming and thats as positive as I can get about it.
mnknut30
The Local
The Local

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum