Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why do you think Jason's face changes in every movie?

Go down

Why do you think Jason's face changes in every movie? Empty Why do you think Jason's face changes in every movie?

Post by The Noble Idiot May 9th 2022, 12:27 am

Apologies in advance if this has already been asked before, but what are your thoughts on Jason's consistently inconsistent face? I like to think that it's because the movies are retellings of the events by the survivors, and their descriptions of Jason's appearance are different from one another because of the settings and circumstances of their encounters.
The Noble Idiot
The Noble Idiot
Town Resident
Town Resident

Back to top Go down

Why do you think Jason's face changes in every movie? Empty Re: Why do you think Jason's face changes in every movie?

Post by Jason Voorhees May 9th 2022, 7:07 am

Honestly its due to them not keeping the same person doing the overall consistent special make-up.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

jasn88cubs, SonofOdin6039 and Trekapedia also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Why do you think Jason's face changes in every movie? Empty Re: Why do you think Jason's face changes in every movie?

Post by SonofOdin6039 May 9th 2022, 10:25 am

Yeah if Tom Savini had been around for the duration Jason would have evolved like we'd expect
SonofOdin6039
Second Class
Second Class

Trekapedia likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by OCT 31 1978 May 9th 2022, 6:44 pm

So I might be in the minority here…. But I am glad his Looks have changed from Film to film some looks are only slightly different (3-4) others drastically 6,7,8,9 10 remake FVJ)…. It gives the special effects crews something other than the incentive kills to design and create….the looks of Jason is one of my favorites aspects of these films.
OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class
First Class

jasn88cubs, I'm Not a Goalie and Trekapedia also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm Not a Goalie May 9th 2022, 9:44 pm

I look at this question slightly differently... I think the differences in Jason's appearance started off as a necessity due to differen't make-up artists, differen't actors portraying Jason, and just differen't crews in general handling each movie... But over time, I believe something that started off as a necessity morphed into a tradition, with each new crew who came in to work on the movie wanting to put their own spin on Jason's look. Even his attire doesn't stay the same from film-to-film even when it doesn't make sense for it to be differen't.

One of the pivotal sequences in each Friday Film since P2 has been the demasking of Jason, and the reveal of that beautiful face of his... That scene wouldn't mean all that much if he looked the exact same every time, especially seven or eight movies in. Yeah, I think Jason's ever evolving look became more and more intentional with each film.
I'm Not a Goalie
I'm Not a Goalie
Second Class
Second Class

OCT 31 1978, The Noble Idiot and Trekapedia also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by Trekapedia May 10th 2022, 10:18 pm

To me, I always thought it was just because they didn’t bring back the same makeup artist each time. I don’t mind though because some of the looks are awesome. I love Part IV and Part VII.
Trekapedia
Trekapedia
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulbait70 May 23rd 2022, 5:24 pm

I echo what others have already said. It's just a matter of different people doing the make-up and effects. Even then, the consistency with Jason is 1000% better than the mess with all the masks in the Halloween franchise.
Soulbait70
Soulbait70
Camper
Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees May 23rd 2022, 6:00 pm

Soulbait70 wrote:I echo what others have already said. It's just a matter of different people doing the make-up and effects. Even then, the consistency with Jason is 1000% better than the mess with all the masks in the Halloween franchise.
Preaaach only a very few masks in the Halloween series actually looks good.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulbait70 May 23rd 2022, 6:29 pm

Jason Voorhees wrote:
Soulbait70 wrote:I echo what others have already said. It's just a matter of different people doing the make-up and effects. Even then, the consistency with Jason is 1000% better than the mess with all the masks in the Halloween franchise.

They did an even worse job with the Myers house. The new series is the only one to get the mask and the house right.
Soulbait70
Soulbait70
Camper
Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees May 23rd 2022, 6:35 pm

Soulbait70 wrote:
Jason Voorhees wrote:
Yes they did! Overall they arent at all getting anything wrong!
They did an even worse job with the Myers house. The new series is the only one to get the mask and the house right.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulbait70 May 25th 2022, 9:28 am

What is your favorite unmasked Jason?

Pre-death - Richard Brooker in Part 3
Undead - Kane Hodder in Part 7

The worst is Part 8. He looks like a lump of slimy Play-Doh.
Soulbait70
Soulbait70
Camper
Camper

OCT 31 1978 and ThePunisher also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum