Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Worst Friday the 13th Fan film?

Go down

Worst Friday the 13th Fan film? Empty Worst Friday the 13th Fan film?

Post by Jasonvoorhees13th May 9th 2022, 6:18 am

There's some crappy fan films with children wearing 98¢ hockey masks you can buy during Halloween and poor acting from the child actors also there's some bad Friday fan films from the 2000's and the 2010's with poor Jason costumes and horrible acting and poor camera quality. What was your worst fan f13 film
Jasonvoorhees13th
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot

Back to top Go down

Worst Friday the 13th Fan film? Empty Re: Worst Friday the 13th Fan film?

Post by Jason Voorhees May 9th 2022, 7:19 am

There's ALOT of them even some current ones can be seen as horrid to others.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Back to top Go down

Post by SonofOdin6039 May 9th 2022, 10:23 am

Can't remember the title but there was one with Jason wearing camouflage pants and sneakers with a long mullet behind the mask. And there was another with a sheriff's deputy ended up wearing the mask at the end
SonofOdin6039
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm Not a Goalie May 9th 2022, 11:20 am

I'm not going to call out anyone by name, but the worst I saw had some of the most pretentiously bad acting I've ever seen. I couldn't tell if they just couldn't act for shit, or were purposely trying to look like they were acting bad on purpose but were terrible at that too. They seemed to think they were doing a good job with whatever they were trying to do, so color me confused. The real kicker was Jason though, who basically looked like King Kong Bundy in a hockey mask... Or a guy in a gorilla suit wearing a Jason outfit on top of it. It was an insult to the eyes of any fan. While I don't like making comments about people's physical appearance, somebody who clearly didn't have the right body type to play Jason was overly insistent on doing so anyway. The film was only fifteen minutes long, and I only made it through five of those before I couldn't be bothered anymore.

As a general rule I try not to shit on Fan Films too much regardless of how bad they are. I try to remember that these are mostly just passion projects from fans, funded primarily out of their own pockets with a few friends. The ones I tend to be critical of are the larger projects that openly use crowdfunding methods to get their projects off the ground. It's one thing to waste your own time and money, but it's another thing entirely to waste a bunch of other people's cash and good faith to produce a pile of shit, where you obviously cut corners or just really didn't seem to care all that much.

The only reason I somewhat called out the film I did was because of how arrogant the creators acted when describing their film, like this was the way fan films were supposed to be made... Including taking shots at much better films, like Never Hike Alone... Which regardless of what you think about that one, was Citizen Kane in quality compared to this piece of crap.
I'm Not a Goalie
I'm Not a Goalie
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees May 10th 2022, 10:14 am

I'm Not a Goalie wrote:I'm not going to call out anyone by name, but the worst I saw had some of the most pretentiously bad acting I've ever seen. I couldn't tell if they just couldn't act for shit, or were purposely trying to look like they were acting bad on purpose but were terrible at that too. They seemed to think they were doing a good job with whatever they were trying to do, so color me confused. The real kicker was Jason though, who basically looked like King Kong Bundy in a hockey mask... Or a guy in a gorilla suit wearing a Jason outfit on top of it. It was an insult to the eyes of any fan. While I don't like making comments about people's physical appearance, somebody who clearly didn't have the right body type to play Jason was overly insistent on doing so anyway. The film was only fifteen minutes long, and I only made it through five of those before I couldn't be bothered anymore.

As a general rule I try not to shit on Fan Films too much regardless of how bad they are. I try to remember that these are mostly just passion projects from fans, funded primarily out of their own pockets with a few friends. The ones I tend to be critical of are the larger projects that openly use crowdfunding methods to get their projects off the ground. It's one thing to waste your own time and money, but it's another thing entirely to waste a bunch of other people's cash and good faith to produce a pile of shit, where you obviously cut corners or just really didn't seem to care all that much.

The only reason I somewhat called out the film I did was because of how arrogant the creators acted when describing their film, like this was the way fan films were supposed to be made... Including taking shots at much better films, like Never Hike Alone... Which regardless of what you think about that one, was Citizen Kane in quality compared to this piece of crap.
Dont feel bad! Its all about open critism its all about how the people behind the film responds to it.

Thats why when I start doing my own fanfilms in the future my projects are gonna be worth the time, and wait because its gonna have what some of these fanfilms dont have which is following the source material.

I'm VERY vocal about using the Necronomicon in these fanfilms because its not a good explanation to explain how/why Jason is back to life.

Im an honest guy when it comes to reviews!

Noticed this is the 3,000th Overall Post!
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Back to top Go down

Post by CaldoTheKid February 6th 2023, 11:24 pm

SonofOdin6039 wrote:Can't remember the title but there was one with Jason wearing camouflage pants and sneakers with a long mullet behind the mask. And there was another with a sheriff's deputy ended up wearing the mask at the end

Friday the 13th Part X: To Hell and Back (1995) was the one with the deputy wearing the mask at the end.
CaldoTheKid
CaldoTheKid
Town Resident
Town Resident

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum