Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Explanation of Why Part 6 Jason Clothes aren't The same as Part 4 Jason's Clothes

Go down

A Explanation of Why Part 6 Jason Clothes aren't The same as Part 4 Jason' Empty A Explanation of Why Part 6 Jason Clothes aren't The same as Part 4 Jason's Clothes

Post by Jason Voorhees May 30th 2022, 6:07 pm

The Damage Clothing

As we seen in Part 3 and at the end of The Final Chapter (Part 4) Jason's appearance changes over the course of the film clothing wise.

Knife to Knee Wound
Hammer Claw to the Back
Machete slash to the Chest
Repeated Machete Slashes to the Back

These are all the most notable known damages inflicted on Jason for the Final Chapter that we can obviously see.

As for Jason Lives (Part 6) these damages are not present and these new clothing are damaged throughout the film from multiple gunshots, slight burns, and even a paintball.

Below I will explain why his clothes arent the same.

Explanation

As we all know Jason Voorhees is dead at the end of the final chapter and was buried as Part 5 claims he was cremated but this was turnt out to be false and his corpse was buried in the town somewhere.

This is where I can explain why we dont see the previous damage as once a dead body is claimed and sent to the morgue its the job of the Mortician or Funeral director (or both) to repair and dress the deceased so it makes sense why we get a slightly clothed Jason for Jason Lives as the Mortician redressed him in his most known attire which is a Green shirt and silver/grey (or by some tan) Khaki's.

It also explains why Jason's grave site isnt that properly given due to him having no one other than his "Father" (storyboards reference ofcourse) secretly paying for him and his mothers graves maintence, and was also a serial killer so it makes sense if the town didnt want to pay for a proper funeral for him.

Continuity Conflict?

I dont believe in terms of clothing wise this being a major continuity conflict as it still has the previous attire just slightly different (as all films do)

Bonus Mystery?!

A Explanation of Why Part 6 Jason Clothes aren't The same as Part 4 Jason' Img_2031
I can't explain how or why Jason's Body is posed like that but it could be given he did infact resurrect in the coffin without anyone knowing at the gravyard and then later on had died permenantly when he was deprived of air, food, and water, and that he was clinging to his chest or pushing on the coffin.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

jasn88cubs likes this post!

Back to top Go down

A Explanation of Why Part 6 Jason Clothes aren't The same as Part 4 Jason' Empty Re: A Explanation of Why Part 6 Jason Clothes aren't The same as Part 4 Jason's Clothes

Post by jasn88cubs May 30th 2022, 7:20 pm

good reasoning!

I think we forget that technically Jason had a killing spree during a weekend, it's not like this was a ongoing thing
jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

A Explanation of Why Part 6 Jason Clothes aren't The same as Part 4 Jason' Empty Re: A Explanation of Why Part 6 Jason Clothes aren't The same as Part 4 Jason's Clothes

Post by Jason Voorhees May 31st 2022, 1:27 am

jasn88cubs wrote:good reasoning!

I think we forget that technically Jason had a killing spree during a weekend, it's not like this was a ongoing thing
Thank you! To me this is both realistic and simple to explain for those who arent familiar with funeral homes lol.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulbait70 May 31st 2022, 11:36 am

The biggest thing you have to ignore in part 6 is his eye. If he is in that stage of decomposition his one eye would be long gone. If nothing else, the worms would have eaten it. Also, maggots would not be in the coffin either. It had been sealed in a vault for quite some time and flies would not have been able to lay eggs in there.

I don't care though. It's still my favorite in the franchise.
Soulbait70
Soulbait70
Camper
Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragonfire82877 June 1st 2022, 9:38 am

I understand and really enjoy your breakdown of why the clothes are different. My one question is though, why would anyone give Jason a utility belt to wear to the grave??
Dragonfire82877
Dragonfire82877
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by jasn88cubs June 1st 2022, 3:54 pm

Jason had the utility belt when he came out of the grave?
jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by SonofOdin6039 June 1st 2022, 4:27 pm

I thought he got the utility belt from Ted, I think his name was, after he ripped his arm off. And it didn't look like he was put in a vault in Jason Lives, just a simple wooden coffin. The eyeball is a bit of a mystery unless he tasted so bad even the worms didn't want to eat him. His father paying for the grave is the reason that makes sense as to why he was given a marked grave
SonofOdin6039
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Soulbait70 June 1st 2022, 5:13 pm

SonofOdin6039 wrote:I thought he got the utility belt from Ted, I think his name was, after he ripped his arm off. And it didn't look like he was put in a vault in Jason Lives, just a simple wooden coffin. The eyeball is a bit of a mystery unless he tasted so bad even the worms didn't want to eat him. His father paying for the grave is the reason that makes sense as to why he was given a marked grave

Yeah, I went back and watched. The scratching noise was the shovel on the coffin. Jason got the yellow gloves and the mask from Tommy.
Soulbait70
Soulbait70
Camper
Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher June 1st 2022, 6:39 pm

did anyone notice that the paintball smear in Part 6 disappeared from his clothes?
ThePunisher
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees June 1st 2022, 7:03 pm

Soulbait70 wrote:The biggest thing you have to ignore in part 6 is his eye. If he is in that stage of decomposition his one eye would be long gone. If nothing else, the worms would have eaten it. Also, maggots would not be in the coffin either. It had been sealed in a vault for quite some time and flies would not have been able to lay eggs in there.

I don't care though. It's still my favorite in the franchise.
I would say it was likely poorly made because of him and his mother's many killings at Camp Crystal Lake that the company that sells coffins likely said "Nah, we gonna give him a poor one." and I can only presume this is done while Jason's father (not Elias) hadn't paid for the costs at this time but the maintenance/overseeing of their graves.

Dragonfire82877 wrote:I understand and really enjoy your breakdown of why the clothes are different. My one question is though, why would anyone give Jason a utility belt to wear to the grave??

I had to search the scene to make sure this wasn't a mandala effect haha.

A Explanation of Why Part 6 Jason Clothes aren't The same as Part 4 Jason' Main-q10
A Explanation of Why Part 6 Jason Clothes aren't The same as Part 4 Jason' Tumblr10
A Explanation of Why Part 6 Jason Clothes aren't The same as Part 4 Jason' Screen21

So it's safe to assume he did get it from Burt after killing him!
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Dragonfire82877 likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum