Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gun Interactive's Texas Chainsaw Reddit and Discord.

Go down

Gun Interactive's Texas Chainsaw Reddit and Discord. Empty Gun Interactive's Texas Chainsaw Reddit and Discord.

Post by Darrin/Strigoi May 31st 2022, 4:02 pm

Well i left Gun Interactive's Texas Chainsaw Massacre in a Huff.
Im Glad to be back here.
Sometimes i feel like crying.
People are soo mean to me.
people get soo Angry at my ideas for the game.
I Feel so ashamed and depressed because almost every Horror forum that i like to post in and share ideas people want to cuss me and make fun of me and get angry.

I Posted a thread in Gun Interactives Reddit Texas Chainsaw Massacre group and it seemed as the whole group erupted and exploded in arguements and anger.

I Made a Thread about Texas Chainsaw Massacre the game having Halloween costume packs,Face paint,halloween masks and dance emotes and people became angry.

I Also made a thread about being able to stun leatherface and it seems as people becam even more angry.

Why do people feel like costumes,face paint,masks,dance emotes ruin video games.
Darrin/Strigoi
Darrin/Strigoi
Camper
Camper

Back to top Go down

Gun Interactive's Texas Chainsaw Reddit and Discord. Empty Re: Gun Interactive's Texas Chainsaw Reddit and Discord.

Post by OCT 31 1978 May 31st 2022, 6:13 pm

Darrin/Strigoi wrote:Well i left Gun Interactive's Texas Chainsaw Massacre in a Huff.
Im Glad to be back here.
I Feel so ashamed and depressed because almost every Horror forum that i like to post in and share ideas people want to cuss me and make fun of me and get angry.

I Posted a thread in Gun Interactives Reddit Texas Chainsaw Massacre group and it seemed as the whole group erupted and exploded in arguements and anger.

I Made a Thread about Texas Chainsaw Massacre the game having Halloween costume packs,Face paint,halloween masks and dance emotes and people became angry.

I Also made a thread about being able to stun leatherface and it seems as people becam even more angry.

Why do people feel like costumes,face paint,masks,dance emotes ruin video games.

Hey, man listen in life you will always run into argumentative people….on the internet even more so, no one has a filter pushing buttons on a key board….. nothing is wrong with having suggestions or ideas on what you would like to see in a new developing game….just understand other people may not agree with them…...and they may have their own ideas of what the game should have or be about which don’t fall in line with your ideas…..
Also sometimes how an idea is presented can cause an argument or backlash so keep that in mind.

There is No reason for you to get upset or depressed or for the other posters to be aggressive or mean especially when speculating on ideas from either side yours or theirs …. But people are very passionate about these films and these characters so that’s another thing to keep in mind.

Most of these Franchises are over 40 years old now with fans from all age brackets now introduced to them at some point and age…. You have younger and older Fans with some wanting a game about their favorite franchise killer for years….

To further put this into perspective this forum is dedicated to Friday the 13th and Jason Voorhees a Franchise that started 42 years ago….. many many fans of it take their Fandom seriously I mean here we are on this Fan site so I know I take my fandom pretty seriously…

So….. with that in mind…..

Moving To your other point about why face paint, Halloween costumes, emotes and Dance Emotes could upset other players and what not….. some people see those elements and feel it take away from what they want the game to be about….. a scary Horror game based on a scary Horror movie not a silly party game …. Where your favorite Character from the Franchise is beat up of bullied by a random in a rabbit costumes dancing a jig……..

Some of those ideas can and will most likely invite trolling type game play behavior….which is already a big factor when you are talking about an asymmetrical Multiplayer game as is ……

That’s probably why you got a ton of backlash on the Reddit forum….
I know I wouldn’t have any issues with different costumes or emotes of some kind but I also will be quite honest in my opinion that Halloween costumes, face paint and dancing is not the first thing I think of when I think of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre… I know I want a game that is very much in the spirit of the movie….. will I be upset if those elements get put in…No I won’t but in will always be the first to say they probably don’t belong I have never seen a TCM movie where the possible victim stopped to dance while being chased by a lunatic with a chainsaw have you?
OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class
First Class

Darrin/Strigoi likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Gun Interactive's Texas Chainsaw Reddit and Discord. Empty Re: Gun Interactive's Texas Chainsaw Reddit and Discord.

Post by Jason Voorhees June 1st 2022, 6:49 pm

OCT 31 1978 wrote:
Darrin/Strigoi wrote:Well i left Gun Interactive's Texas Chainsaw Massacre in a Huff.
Im Glad to be back here.

Hey, man listen in life you will always run into argumentative people….on the internet even more so, no one has a filter pushing buttons on a key board….. nothing is wrong with having suggestions or ideas on what you would like to see in a new developing game….just understand other people may not agree with them…...and they may have their own ideas of what the game should have or be about which don’t fall in line with your ideas…..
Also sometimes how an idea is presented can cause an argument or backlash so keep that in mind.

There is No reason for you to get upset or depressed or for the other posters to be aggressive or mean especially when speculating on ideas from either side yours or theirs …. But people are very passionate about these films and these characters so that’s another thing to keep in mind.

Most of these Franchises are over 40 years old now with fans from all age brackets now introduced to them at some point and age…. You have younger and older Fans with some wanting a game about their favorite franchise killer for years….

To further put this into perspective this forum is dedicated to Friday the 13th and Jason Voorhees a Franchise that started 42 years ago….. many many fans of it take their Fandom seriously I mean here we are on this Fan site so I know I take my fandom pretty seriously…

So….. with that in mind…..

Moving To your other point about why face paint, Halloween costumes, emotes and Dance Emotes could upset other players and what not….. some people see those elements and feel it take away from what they want the game to be about….. a scary Horror game based on a scary Horror movie not a silly party game …. Where your favorite Character from the Franchise is beat up of bullied by a random in a rabbit costumes dancing a jig……..

Some of those ideas can and will most likely invite trolling type game play behavior….which is already a big factor when you are talking about an asymmetrical Multiplayer game as is ……

That’s probably why you got a ton of backlash on the Reddit forum….
I know I wouldn’t have any issues with different costumes or emotes of some kind  but I also will be quite honest in my opinion that Halloween costumes, face paint and dancing is not the first thing I think of when I think of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre… I know I want a game that is very much in the spirit of the movie….. will I be upset if those elements get put in…No I won’t but in will always be the first to say they probably don’t belong I have never seen a TCM movie where the possible victim stopped to dance while being chased by a lunatic with a chainsaw have you?
Well said!
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

OCT 31 1978 likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum