Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sheriff Garris--Stupid or Brave? and did he know it was Jason?

Go down

Sheriff Garris--Stupid or Brave? and did he know it was Jason? Empty Sheriff Garris--Stupid or Brave? and did he know it was Jason?

Post by jasn88cubs June 7th 2022, 7:04 pm

Towards the end of pt 6 you hear Megan calling for her dad and got Jason's attention. Sheriff Garris jumped Jason from behind and then tried beating him with a rock but it did not affect Jason and Jason ended up killing him

This was after Sheriff Garris shot Jason multiple times, which did nothing and he ended up running away and hiding in bushes until this incident

I get he was trying to protect his daughter since Jason was going towards her but in reality he should have known that after shooting JASON multiple times that beating him with a rock would not work and should have ran and got Megan

ALSO did he know or think it was actually Jason or did he still think it was Tommy? Once Sheriff Garris got to the camp I don't recall him ever running into Tommy

jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

Trekapedia likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Sheriff Garris--Stupid or Brave? and did he know it was Jason? Empty Re: Sheriff Garris--Stupid or Brave? and did he know it was Jason?

Post by I'm Not a Goalie June 7th 2022, 8:09 pm

You're never rational when your kids are involved. I'd punch a damn grizzly bear in the face if it were coming towards one of my kids, and I know exactly how that encounter is going to end. Sheriff Garris' reaction was perfectly believable. It was an emotional response, not a rational one.

I was a bit disappointed that we never got at least some interaction with Garris and Tommy after finally realizing Jason was indeed back and on the loose.
I'm Not a Goalie
I'm Not a Goalie
Second Class
Second Class

jasn88cubs, OCT 31 1978 and Trekapedia also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Sheriff Garris--Stupid or Brave? and did he know it was Jason? Empty Re: Sheriff Garris--Stupid or Brave? and did he know it was Jason?

Post by Trekapedia June 7th 2022, 8:48 pm

I think he was brave because he was willing to risk his life to save Megan. It would’ve been nice if he had had one more interaction with Tommy, maybe something like where he told Tommy he was sorry or something and was just trying to be a good father and was overprotective but he loved Megan. We never found out what happened to her mother so I’d like to think he took as much time to be a good father but was a bit overprotective in the process. Sheriff Garris was one of my favorite characters and I never hated him for how he treated Tommy.
Trekapedia
Trekapedia
Second Class
Second Class

jasn88cubs and I'm Not a Goalie also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by OCT 31 1978 June 8th 2022, 9:08 am

I'm Not a Goalie wrote:You're never rational when your kids are involved. I'd punch a damn grizzly bear in the face if it were coming towards one of my kids, and I know exactly how that encounter is going to end. Sheriff Garris' reaction was perfectly believable. It was an emotional response, not a rational one.

I was a bit disappointed that we never got at least some interaction with Garris and Tommy after finally realizing Jason was indeed back and on the loose.

👆🏼This.

I agree 100%
I also wish we got an interaction with the two once Garris realized that Tommy was not pretending to be Jason which I am sure was the moment he ran face to face into Jason.
OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Fair Play June 8th 2022, 7:53 pm

Like any father, Garris did what he thought would protect his daughter.

I think many fathers would do the same.

There are just as many fathers who would find a rational way to protect their children, and still live to tell the tale after the fact.
Fair Play
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot

OCT 31 1978 likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum