Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should BlumHouse buy the rights to Friday the 13th?

Go down

Should BlumHouse buy the rights to Friday the 13th? Empty Should BlumHouse buy the rights to Friday the 13th?

Post by ThePunisher June 20th 2022, 12:19 pm

How about it folks?

Should Blumhouse buy the rights to the Fridy the 13th franchise?
ThePunisher
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Should BlumHouse buy the rights to Friday the 13th? Empty Re: Should BlumHouse buy the rights to Friday the 13th?

Post by jasn88cubs June 20th 2022, 1:34 pm

Will it get us a new movie?

Then hell yes
jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Should BlumHouse buy the rights to Friday the 13th? Empty Re: Should BlumHouse buy the rights to Friday the 13th?

Post by I'm Not a Goalie June 20th 2022, 2:45 pm

If a sale was by any means feasible, of course, Friday the 13th is a franchise that can print money.

Would Horror Inc be willing to sell the rights to Blumhouse or anybody else? Highly unlikely. I suppose they could always be offered a deal even they can't refuse, but Cunningham seems content to let the franchise rot unless he and his company are collecting every last dime the franchise happens to make.
I'm Not a Goalie
I'm Not a Goalie
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher June 20th 2022, 4:55 pm

I'm Not a Goalie wrote:If a sale was by any means feasible, of course, Friday the 13th is a franchise that can print money.

Would Horror Inc be willing to sell the rights to Blumhouse or anybody else? Highly unlikely. I suppose they could always be offered a deal even they can't refuse, but Cunningham seems content to let the franchise rot unless he and his company are collecting every last dime the franchise happens to make.

Then the questions is: Why won't Cunninham make a movie? Or can he after this lawsuit business?
ThePunisher
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm Not a Goalie June 20th 2022, 9:52 pm

ThePunisher wrote:
I'm Not a Goalie wrote:If a sale was by any means feasible, of course, Friday the 13th is a franchise that can print money.

Then the questions is: Why won't Cunninham make a movie? Or can he after this lawsuit business?

He can, but not with any of the elements from the original Friday the 13th script unless a deal can be worked out with Victor Miller for compensation... Something Cunningham isn't very likely to even try since 'sharing' in the profits clearly isn't something he's interested in doing. At the same time Cunningham was trying to get around the copyright laws so he wouldn't have to compensate Miller, he was suing the distributors of the Friday the 13th remake for profits he felt were due to Horror Inc... Either Cunningham is playing one of the most potentially destructive long games in the history of cinema just to make sure nobody but his company profits off the IP, or he doesn't really care if the franchise rots since he had no real love for it in the first place outside of the first film he directed. (Ironically the one he doesn't have full control over anymore) That last sentence is purely my own opinion though.
I'm Not a Goalie
I'm Not a Goalie
Second Class
Second Class

OCT 31 1978 likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees June 21st 2022, 9:18 am

I think I made a old post about this but I am iffy on them about Friday! Because they gotta get an Original Jason actor for a Blumhouse Friday the 13th film.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragonfire82877 June 21st 2022, 10:40 am

Even though Sean started this franchise, he's the worst thing to ever happen to it. I seriously doubt the rights will be available anytime before Sean passes away. Greed is a ugly monster.
Dragonfire82877
Dragonfire82877
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot

ThePunisher likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher June 21st 2022, 7:30 pm

I'm Not a Goalie wrote:
ThePunisher wrote:

He can, but not with any of the elements from the original Friday the 13th script unless a deal can be worked out with Victor Miller for compensation... Something Cunningham isn't very likely to even try since 'sharing' in the profits clearly isn't something he's interested in doing. At the same time Cunningham was trying to get around the copyright laws so he wouldn't have to compensate Miller, he was suing the distributors of the Friday the 13th remake for profits he felt were due to Horror Inc... Either Cunningham is playing one of the most potentially destructive long games in the history of cinema just to make sure nobody but his company profits off the IP, or he doesn't really care if the franchise rots since he had no real love for it in the first place outside of the first film he directed. (Ironically the one he doesn't have full control over anymore) That last sentence is purely my own opinion though.

I've heard that with the success of other fils put out by Blumhouse, they have no real incentive to do ANYTHING with Friday the 13th or, for that matter, Nightmare on Elm Street.

That makes things worse, if true.
ThePunisher
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by William Munny July 20th 2022, 11:42 pm

Dragonfire82877 wrote:Even though Sean started this franchise, he's the worst thing to ever happen to it. I seriously doubt the rights will be available anytime before Sean passes away. Greed is a ugly monster.

This has been my prediction for years....

If there's ever another F13, it will not happen until one or several people involved with the rights fiasco die.

Their estates will then come running to the table begging for cash.

We might even see a bidding war for the rights.

Will Munny : That's right.
William Munny
William Munny
Town Resident
Town Resident

http://www.gnrevolution.com/

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum