Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Prey

Go down

Prey Empty Prey

Post by ThePunisher August 4th 2022, 9:27 am

This prequel to Predator (1987) is coming out on Hulu August 5th. Are you planning on streaming this? Early reviews have been pretty positive.
ThePunisher
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Prey Empty Re: Prey

Post by OCT 31 1978 August 4th 2022, 11:42 am

ThePunisher wrote:This prequel to Predator (1987) is coming out on Hulu August 5th. Are you planning on streaming this? Early reviews have been pretty positive.

Yep, definitely going to check it out…..going in with the lowest of expectations.
I know this movie takes place before Predator 1987 but I wouldn’t call it a prequel to it…. That would suggest it’s part of a continuing story line this like most Predator movies are stand alone films ……the only Predator films that have direct ties to Predator 1987 is Predator 2 and Predators being that they reference the event from 1987.

I don’t put too much stock in reviews for movies especially movies today, everyone of the Media outlets put a positive spin on some of the worst movies my eyes 👀 have ever had the misfortune to view…..especially any film today pushing Agenda Propaganda.

OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Fair Play August 5th 2022, 2:43 pm

I'll give it a chance, but my expectations aren't high for this one.
Fair Play
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot

Trekapedia likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by OCT 31 1978 August 7th 2022, 11:12 am

Just watched this last Night…..
Enjoyed it over all. Some really good tension and action sequences.
I loved this look of the Predator and it’s more Primitive technology yet incredibly more advanced then us.

It is supremely better than The last The Predator film by Shane Black that was a comedy posing as a Predator film….god I hate that movie.
But in my opinion not as good as 1,2 and Predators those 3 are superior films.
I would give it a solid 7/10.
OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees August 7th 2022, 10:08 pm

OCT 31 1978 wrote:Just watched this last Night…..
I loved this look of the Predator and it’s more Primitive technology yet incredibly more advanced then us.

It is supremely better than The last The Predator film by Shane Black that was a comedy posing as a Predator film….god I hate that movie.

I 100% literally stated this on Facebook its a solid 7/10 BUT I would say It's better than Predator 2, personally.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

OCT 31 1978 and Trekapedia also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragonfire82877 August 8th 2022, 12:32 pm

Jason Voorhees wrote:

I 100% literally stated this on Facebook its a solid 7/10 BUT I would say It's better than Predator 2, personally.

I will have to agree with you on it being better than Part 2, at least in my opinion. I actually loved this movie. I would go as far as giving it an 8/10 myself. Love the look of Predator in it, and really thought the character of Naru was well written and performed.
Dragonfire82877
Dragonfire82877
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees August 8th 2022, 5:29 pm

Dragonfire82877 wrote:
Jason Voorhees wrote:

I will have to agree with you on it being better than Part 2, at least in my opinion. I actually loved this movie. I would go as far as giving it an 8/10 myself. Love the look of Predator in it, and really thought the character of Naru was well written and performed.
Performance-Wise Naru definitely hits the top levels.

My biggest grind is the design of the Pred in terms of its timeline and the fact Naru at the end had some serious plot armor.

And I will detail what I mean...

This Predator from Prey is called the Feral Predator and this is set 300 years before the OG Film...so why does this Yautja look so physically different despite majority of the race never looking like that? I got a few in-thoughts but yeah its still a badass but confusing design for me!

Now for Naru, the Pred didnt waste time killing all these other characters but yet he was taking his time with the beheading with the shield and gave her numerous attempts to escape him? It just doesnt make sense when its written that way.

Overall I love the film! Especially when the Bear did win round 1 against the Feral Pred.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by OCT 31 1978 August 8th 2022, 5:53 pm

I like that the Feral Predator liked to go full frontal combat testing it’s strength and power against the Wolf and Bear…. It shows a good progression of how the Predators update their Hunting styles.
OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class
First Class

Dragonfire82877 and Trekapedia also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by Dragonfire82877 August 8th 2022, 8:32 pm

I see the point that’s being made about the Predator taking his time and giving Naru all the time in the world to do whatever she wanted. But all this takes it back to the very point she made throughout the entire movie. No one, not even her tribe thought she could succeed. I generally think the Predator didn’t think she was capable of defeating him. It looked as though she was more along the lines a mercy kill for him and he overlooked her as a threat. It had it’s WTH moments, but the movie overall (cast, story and special effects) was a lot better than some of the recent crap film makers have been putting out.
Dragonfire82877
Dragonfire82877
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot

OCT 31 1978 and Trekapedia also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by Trekapedia August 23rd 2022, 5:52 am

Yeah I’ve had a lot of people telling me to check it out. I was worried it was gonna be subpar after the last movie, but it sounds very good.
Trekapedia
Trekapedia
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Post by OCT 31 1978 August 23rd 2022, 7:21 pm

Trekapedia wrote:Yeah I’ve had a lot of people telling me to check it out. I was worried it was gonna be subpar after the last movie, but it sounds very good.

It’s sooooooooooo much better than that piece of Shit from Shane Black….

Does it have some problems….yes! is it incredibly entertaining yes!

If you can look past some in your face “gender talking points on display” and a bit of convenient writing you will enjoy it quite a bit!!
The setting and action is great the Predator is badass! Give me more sequels of this caliber and I would be very happy…… but I am dying for one of these movies where the Predator actually kills everyone lol
OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees August 23rd 2022, 9:09 pm

The ONLY thing Good about THE PREDATOR film was the fact it did tie in to AVP and AVP2 and thats its the overall film was HORRID.

Prey definitely takes it over in my opinion as a superior sequel as it actually felt like we watched a Predator film!
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum