Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Living alone

Go down

Living alone Empty Living alone

Post by jasn88cubs August 5th 2022, 8:13 am

anyone else on here live alone?

I;m 34 no gf, kids nothing.

Kinda sucks to be honest

I really put myself in this place though. When I was younger the idea of settling down seemed horrendous. I wanted to do what U want when I want. No all my buddies are married, serious relationships, kids and I got nothing

It just gets old and pretty boring at times
jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Living alone Empty Re: Living alone

Post by OCT 31 1978 August 5th 2022, 4:15 pm

Man you are only 34! Lol you want to make a change you have plenty of time and tons of opportunity….

I am married and have two kids wouldn’t change a thing but I completely understand where you are coming from on wanting to be able to do what you want when you want……

But if you are looking to make a change to your lifestyle and what not…… find someone with common hobbies see if your friends Girl friends or wives have a friend that would be perfect for you or what not….
Use those Dating apps I hear all about….
Go to conventions use Events and Adventures

You got nothing but time and opportunity.
OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class
First Class

jasn88cubs and I'm Not a Goalie also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees August 5th 2022, 6:30 pm

As @OCT 31 1978 said you still got the time and opportunity!
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

jasn88cubs and OCT 31 1978 also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher August 6th 2022, 11:18 am

jasn88cubs wrote:anyone else on here live alone?

Kinda sucks to be honest

I really put myself in this place though. When I was younger the idea of settling down seemed horrendous. I wanted to do what U want when I want. No all my buddies are married, serious relationships, kids and I got nothing

It helps to put yourself out there. Go to meetups and things like that.

When you're in a conversation with a woman, LISTEN to what she says. Women say to me all the time, " Why don't men LISTEN to me when I talk?" Use her name. People like to hear their name.

If you're on a date, make sure your car is CLEAN. I wash and detail clean my cars. Women tell me how CLEAN my cars are all the time, totally unprompted.

You're probably doing these things alreadt. I'm just giving you pointers.
ThePunisher
First Class
First Class

jasn88cubs, OCT 31 1978, I'm Not a Goalie and SonofOdin6039 also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees August 6th 2022, 3:06 pm

For more advice/tips/pointers:

Never go for a woman who doesn't start the conversation via text messages, these are likely the bigger baiters who always want you to start it off instead of it being 50/50

Make sure you be yourself but not too freely make her see a small glimpse and then show her the true you when you get to know each other far more.

Never ever be controlling as in never ever demand her socials, her phone, and etc let this be a natural thing where the trust is mutual and not forced.

Red Flags come in MANY and I mean MANY ways, if she seems distant, or ghosts you at times try to communicate and figure something out but if she avoids it all together then just leave the relationship on a friendly/mutual ground because it's a sign of either cheating or her no longer feeling the relationship.

NEVER ever be in a relationship if its one-sided love!
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

SonofOdin6039 likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by SonofOdin6039 August 9th 2022, 11:44 am

Well, my friend, I can tell you I've been on bothbsides of this coin and there are pluses and minuses to both living alone and being in a relationship. For years I lived alone in my apartment, doing what I wanted when I wanted, and that kind of freedom was awesome. I hosted all night Halo parties with my friends, watched my movies and TV shows at will, and answered to no one except the bill collectors. When my future ex wife showed up at my door, I had zero intentions of giving up that freedom until she spent the night, causing her to get kicked out of her in-laws house and ended up staying with me. Chivalry kicked in and I took her in, letting her 2 kids visit at will. I did the best I could, we got a house together, got married years later, divorced after she admitted to cheating on me, and I suddenly had my freedom back again, this time with a house. We started what we called Killing and Grilling where we cooked out every weekend and then played Halo Reach until midnight, or a football game came on. I will admit those were some of the best times ever. But as we grew older and had other commitments, Killing and Grilling became a bi-weekly to monthly gathering, and the house felt empty. After Facebook poking my fiance when she found out I was single, I found I wanted companionship again. After being with her for coming up on 9 years, there are sometimes I wish I could go back to the days of Killing and Grilling. But like all good things, it won't last. The point I'm trying to make is that enjoy your freedom until you're ready to give it up, then put the same energy into your relationship. Make the moments count and look back only with fondness, not regret. Be yourself, stay strong, and you will find that special someone worthy of you and your energy. Cheers and game on, my friends
SonofOdin6039
Second Class
Second Class

OCT 31 1978, I'm Not a Goalie and ThePunisher also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees August 11th 2022, 7:20 pm

SonofOdin6039 wrote:Well, my friend, I can tell you I've been on bothbsides of this coin and there are pluses and minuses to both living alone and being in a relationship.  For years I lived alone in my apartment,  doing what I wanted when I wanted, and that kind of freedom was awesome. I hosted all night Halo parties with my friends, watched my movies and TV shows at will,  and answered to no one except the bill collectors. When my future ex wife showed up at my door, I had zero intentions of giving up that freedom until she spent the night, causing her to get kicked out of her in-laws house and ended up staying with me. Chivalry kicked in and I took her in, letting her 2 kids visit at will. I did the best I could,  we got a house together, got married years later, divorced after she admitted to cheating on me, and I suddenly had my freedom back again,  this time with a house.  We started what we called Killing and Grilling where we cooked out every weekend and then played Halo Reach until midnight, or a football game came on. I will admit those were some of the best times ever.  But as we grew older and had other commitments,  Killing and Grilling became a bi-weekly to monthly gathering, and the house felt empty. After Facebook poking my fiance when she found out I was single, I found I wanted companionship again. After being with her for coming up on 9 years, there are sometimes I wish I could go back to the days of Killing and Grilling. But like all good things, it won't last. The point I'm trying to make is that enjoy your freedom until you're ready to give it up, then put the same energy into your relationship.  Make the moments count and look back only with fondness, not regret. Be yourself, stay strong,  and you will find that special someone worthy of you and your energy. Cheers and game on, my friends
Wow! Thank you for sharing! 9 years is something most wish they had in this modern time!
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

SonofOdin6039 likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by Darrin/Strigoi August 18th 2022, 12:51 am

Kinda sucks to be honest

Im having the same problems. in our society men are expected to lead the conversation,keep it interesting etc.Im on all dating apps and all women get bored with me and quit talking to me.
Im going to take some David Deangelo courses.
Darrin/Strigoi
Darrin/Strigoi
Camper
Camper

jasn88cubs likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by William Munny August 26th 2022, 5:41 pm

Kinda sucks to be honest

I'm 47...single, never married, and no kids(that I know of).

Main difference is...I actually like being alone at this stage. I dealt with drug addiction for over 20 years and all the craziness that goes along with it. I never wanted to bring kids into that.

Now that I'm older, I do have some regret about not having kids.

One of the reasons I'm perfectly fine with being alone is the fact I always liked younger women. I cannot relate to younger women (or young in general) in today's culture. Most of them are addicted to social media, listen to horrible music, and IMO it's not worth the hassle. I also can't stand the obsession with politics that dominates our culture.

I actually feel sorry for the youth of today.

I've seen people out on dates who don't even talk to one another....they sit across from each other texting on their phones.

No thanks. I'll pass....and reminisce about the world when it was normal.

Will Munny : That's right.
William Munny
William Munny
Town Resident
Town Resident

http://www.gnrevolution.com/

jasn88cubs and SonofOdin6039 also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum