Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do you find people just don't get it?

Go down

Do you find people just don't get it? Empty Do you find people just don't get it?

Post by ThePunisher December 21st 2022, 1:39 pm

One thing I find great about this forum is that we get to sit around talking about one of our favorite franchises, and other things, without having someone interrupt and say something like, " Hey guys, it's only a movie!!!!!"

Sure, it's only a movie, but fans like us like to think about the possibilities and let our imaginations run free.

Have any of you met people like this? I've ran into a couple on a Facebook forum for Battlestar Galactica. I often wonder why they're there if they don't want to deal with this stuff.
ThePunisher
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Do you find people just don't get it? Empty Re: Do you find people just don't get it?

Post by jasn88cubs December 21st 2022, 7:19 pm

I just enjoy coming up with stuff or making observations. Can lead to great discussion!
jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Do you find people just don't get it? Empty Re: Do you find people just don't get it?

Post by OCT 31 1978 December 21st 2022, 8:42 pm

ThePunisher wrote:One thing I find great about this forum is that we get to sit around talking about one of our favorite franchises, and other things, without having someone interrupt and say something like, " Hey guys, it's only a movie!!!!!"

Sure, it's only a movie, but fans like us like to think about the possibilities and let our imaginations run free.

Have any of you met people like this? I've ran into a couple on a Facebook forum for Battlestar Galactica. I often wonder why they're there if they don't want to deal with this stuff.

Yes I have…. Some fans just don’t have any interest in why things happen or what could have be…..past what actually happens in the film and when I or others bring up those possibilities we usually get told…. Why do you care so much? Or well that didn’t happen or who cares?
I call these fans the casuals they like horror or the franchise but not to the extent the we the “Die Hards” do.
OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Darrin/Strigoi December 22nd 2022, 3:31 pm

I Told posted a thread about new magickal ideas that i would like to see in the new Crystal lake tv series and everyone jumped on me.

Some people said that they dont want supernatural stuff anywhere near Friday the 13th characters.

Some people complained that i was trolling.

Some people said that they dont want to see Pamela Voorhees casting spells.

I Cant understand why everyone collectively belives that if you dont follow common sense norms then you should be banned.
Darrin/Strigoi
Darrin/Strigoi
Camper
Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees December 23rd 2022, 6:48 pm

I personally ignore people like that!
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

OCT 31 1978, Darrin/Strigoi and ThePunisher also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum