Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

do you like Jason teleporting?

Go down

do you like Jason teleporting? Empty do you like Jason teleporting?

Post by jasn88cubs February 28th 2023, 8:39 pm

or does it bother you?
jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

do you like Jason teleporting? Empty Re: do you like Jason teleporting?

Post by OCT 31 1978 February 28th 2023, 8:49 pm

Do you mean in the Game or the Movies? Because obviously as a gameplay mechanism it actually makes sense so that Jason can get from point A to B like he does in the movies quickly….. as for the Films I don’t really care for his teleportation especially in Part 8 it’s quite ridiculous.
OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by OCT 31 1978 February 28th 2023, 8:50 pm

Do you mean in the Game or the Movies ? Because obviously as a gameplay mechanism is actually makes sense so that Jason can get from point A to B like he does in the movies quickly….. as for the Films I don’t really care for his teleportation especially in Part 8 it quite ridiculous.
OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by jasn88cubs February 28th 2023, 9:16 pm

OCT 31 1978 wrote:Do you mean in the Game or the Movies ? Because obviously as a gameplay mechanism is actually makes sense so that Jason can get from point A to B like he does in the movies quickly….. as for the Films I don’t really care for his teleportation especially in Part 8 it quite ridiculous.

yea movies
jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by SonofOdin6039 March 1st 2023, 3:44 pm

I actually don't care for it much. I prefer to think of it as his victims panicking and taking wrong turns, allowing him to catch up or get in front of them. In the woods it's cooler if he knows back paths and shortcuts to get around quicker. To me teleporting just kinda makes it corny
SonofOdin6039
Second Class
Second Class

jasn88cubs likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by OCT 31 1978 March 1st 2023, 4:01 pm

SonofOdin6039 wrote:I actually don't care for it much. I prefer to think of it as his victims panicking and taking wrong turns, allowing him to catch up or get in front of them. In the woods it's cooler if he knows back paths and shortcuts to get around quicker. To me teleporting just kinda makes it corny

Agreed! And even though a lot of people didn’t like the idea but the Tunnels in the remake was a solid way for Jason to get around if you ask me.
OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class
First Class

jasn88cubs and SonofOdin6039 also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by jasn88cubs March 1st 2023, 7:07 pm

It also makes no sense, why didn't he teleport on the subway, or in times square, or in the sewer?
jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

OCT 31 1978 likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees March 2nd 2023, 7:07 am

It makes perfect since if he does have teleportation because of his zombie version more than his human.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Silencer March 9th 2023, 8:01 am

In my opinion, Jason shouldn't teleport.

When alive, Jason was a woodland hermit, with above average strength/endurance and tracking skills.
The latter acquired after spending decades roaming his domain in secrecy.

Once dead, Jason became an unstoppable killing machine imbued with the gift of immortality, superhuman strength and ceaseless momentum. Having the ability to teleport on top of all of the above is completely unnecessary.

Jason Takes Manhattan is a prime example of why Jason shouldn't teleport. It's lazy scriptwriting.

Silencer
Silencer
Town Resident
Town Resident

jasn88cubs likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by jasn88cubs March 9th 2023, 8:14 pm

Silencer wrote:In my opinion, Jason shouldn't teleport.

When alive, Jason was a woodland hermit, with above average strength/endurance and tracking skills.

Once dead, Jason became an unstoppable killing machine imbued with the gift of immortality, superhuman strength and ceaseless momentum. Having the ability to teleport on top of all of the above is completely unnecessary.

Jason Takes Manhattan is a prime example of why Jason shouldn't teleport. It's lazy scriptwriting.

agree

LAZY
jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees March 10th 2023, 5:03 am

Silencer wrote:In my opinion, Jason shouldn't teleport.

I mean when you list Immortality and Supernatural strength for Jason Voorhees why not add Teleportation? He is by now a Supernatural being, Jason being Revenant Zombie and having limited mobility since logically a corpse-like Jason shouldn't be capable of Running, and since neither C.J./Kane thought about Jason Running as a Zombie I believe Teleportation is the best step for him.

In part 6 Jason showed some early teleportation (Killing the couple in the car/couple on the motorcycle.)
In Part 7 Jason showed some teleportation (The Land to Lake teleportation)
In part 8 Jason shows a lot of Teleportation.

Can't see any other way Jason could catch his victims without teleportation, it makes him a bigger threat/problem.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Back to top Go down

Post by SonofOdin6039 March 11th 2023, 1:26 pm

If it is teleportation, and to be honest I'd rather it wasn't, but if it was, it might make sense he could only teleport if it's an area he's familiar with, which would explain why he didn't teleport in the subway oror anywhere else in Manhattan. When he was being shot up by the marines in Jason X and he disappeared right in front of them, some said he teleported but I can see how he slipped away in all the smoke that was drifting around. I guess it's eye of the beholder. It's kind of a 'draw your own conclusion ' scenario
SonofOdin6039
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum