Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Site Aesthetics Suggestions

Go down

Site Aesthetics Suggestions Empty Site Aesthetics Suggestions

Post by VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow November 4th 2020, 9:02 am

I appreciate this forum exists. I would like to give some ideas for visual improvements. For one, I find it's a bit harsh on the eyes with the red and black theme. I think the background color would be better as some shade of dark gray, even if only perhaps "off-black" per se. The text could stay red, but I think either white or off-white, very light gray would also be acceptable.

The repeating images on the left and right edges remind me of old sites from the 2000's era. I think the site should aim for something more modern, like one big image or two different images that remain static as only the middle portion scrolls.

For now that's all that comes to mind.
VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow
VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow
Traveler
Traveler

Back to top Go down

Site Aesthetics Suggestions Empty Re: Site Aesthetics Suggestions

Post by Jason Voorhees November 4th 2020, 9:07 am

VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow wrote:I appreciate this forum exists. I would like to give some ideas for visual improvements. For one, I find it's a bit harsh on the eyes with the red and black theme. I think the background color would be better as some shade of dark gray, even if only perhaps "off-black" per se. The text could stay red, but I think either white or off-white, very light gray would also be acceptable.

I am considering a redesign so one day you will log in and see its all different just you watch! Jason Kill V.1

VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow wrote:The repeating images on the left and right edges remind me of old sites from the 2000's era. I think the site should aim for something more modern, like one big image or two different images that remain static as only the middle portion scrolls.

For now that's all that comes to mind.
Yes I am trying for such a thing right now but the website apparently has no limit on the background but I am looking for something worthy of the forum theme! Smile
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees November 4th 2020, 9:24 am

Does this look more better for the eyes?
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow November 4th 2020, 9:34 am

Jason Voorhees wrote:Does this look more better for the eyes?

It doesn't seem to strain my eyes. I was trying to give ideas that wouldn't simply make it a carbon copy of the F13 game forums. It looks good.

I might play around in photoshop for some color ideas that might better convey my suggestions in the future.
VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow
VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow
Traveler
Traveler

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees November 4th 2020, 9:36 am

VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow wrote:
Jason Voorhees wrote:Does this look more better for the eyes?

It doesn't seem to strain my eyes. I was trying to give ideas that wouldn't simply make it a carbon copy of the F13 game forums. It looks good.

I might play around in photoshop for some color ideas that might better convey my suggestions in the future.
Sure! I am happy to hear any and all suggestions for the forum!
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum