Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

did any deaths surprise you?

Go down

did any deaths surprise you? Empty did any deaths surprise you?

Post by jasn88cubs March 19th 2023, 8:59 pm

I would say Rick in pt 3 surprised me. I thought he'd live and help save Chris

Sheriff Garris in pt 6 as well. Figured him,Tommy and Megan would survive and Garris would tell Tommy he was right about Jason

Mrs Jarvis in pt 4 was a bit of a shock as well and I would say Gramps in pt 5
jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

OCT 31 1978 likes this post!

Back to top Go down

did any deaths surprise you? Empty Re: did any deaths surprise you?

Post by I'm Not a Goalie March 19th 2023, 10:13 pm

I feel like I've talked about this somewhere before, but the only death in the franchise that ever really surprised me was Jenna in the Reboot. They teased her being the final girl throughout so much of the movie, that killing her off as abruptly as they did caught me off guard. Judging by the gasps in the movie theater, I wasn't the only one taken by surprise. They were pretty much cheering every other death scene, lol.

For the most part I'm not surprised by anyone who dies. Anyone that's not a final girl, a child, or named Tommy Jarvis is never safe. None of the adult figures other than Pam from P5 have ever really survived, so those deaths don't surprise me.

I'd call Rick from P3 a minor surprise. Not so much that he died, but how empathically he was killed off.
I'm Not a Goalie
I'm Not a Goalie
Second Class
Second Class

jasn88cubs and OCT 31 1978 also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by OCT 31 1978 March 19th 2023, 11:09 pm

Ricks was Shocking because of the brutal nature….. was I surprised not really…. The Film was building up to a Chris and Jason one on one confrontation….

As for Jenna, That did shock me as well I was actually extremely surprised with her death, you are 100% right about them setting her up for a Final girl spot….. I was even expecting Whitney to die even after they found her… but I am definitely glad they went the way they did with it because that surprise kill was on point….. literally.
OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class
First Class

jasn88cubs and I'm Not a Goalie also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher March 21st 2023, 11:23 am

I'm Not a Goalie wrote:I feel like I've talked about this somewhere before, but the only death in the franchise that ever really surprised me was Jenna in the Reboot. They teased her being the final girl throughout so much of the movie, that killing her off as abruptly as they did caught me off guard. Judging by the gasps in the movie theater, I wasn't the only one taken by surprise. They were pretty much cheering every other death scene, lol.

For the most part I'm not surprised by anyone who dies. Anyone that's not a final girl, a child, or named Tommy Jarvis is never safe. None of the adult figures other than Pam from P5 have ever really survived, so those deaths don't surprise me.

I'd call Rick from P3 a minor surprise. Not so much that he died, but how empathically he was killed off.

I was also surprised by Jenna being dispatched. I don't think I saw it coming. It's hard to think of anyone else. Basically, except for the Final Girl, the people in the movies are essentially cannon fodder.
ThePunisher
First Class
First Class

jasn88cubs likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by SonofOdin6039 March 21st 2023, 2:33 pm

Jenna for sure. But to be honest, I figured Ali's surprise return after Jason left him for dead meant he would have survived to the end, but I admit I was a little surprised that his second wind only bought Chris a couple of seconds. I would have liked to see him make it and be the bad 'good guy'
SonofOdin6039
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Post by jasn88cubs March 22nd 2023, 6:29 pm

I thonk the Grandpa got me most because he was a older guy and besides Ralph we hadn't seen that

Sherriff Garris was too bad because we didnt get to see him tell Tommy that he was right
jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

OCT 31 1978 likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by OCT 31 1978 March 22nd 2023, 7:03 pm

jasn88cubs wrote:I thonk the Grandpa got me most because he was a older guy and besides Ralph we hadn't seen that

Sherriff Garris was too bad because we didnt get to see him tell Tommy that he was right

Pretty Sure Sheriff Garris would have been “Split down the middle” admitting he was wrong lol 😂
OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees March 25th 2023, 9:38 pm

The remake where you think the love interest is gonna live but she get's quickly killed will always surprise me!
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

OCT 31 1978 and SonofOdin6039 also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by The Noble Idiot March 25th 2023, 11:55 pm

The two that caught me off guard were Mrs. Jarvis and Jenna. For some reason I just kept waiting for her to make it back to the house but, it wasn't until Trish and Tommy started boarding up the door that the realization kicked in.
The Noble Idiot
The Noble Idiot
Town Resident
Town Resident

Back to top Go down

Post by jasn88cubs April 9th 2023, 10:10 pm

The Noble Idiot wrote:The two that caught me off guard were Mrs. Jarvis and Jenna. For some reason I just kept waiting for her to make it back to the house but, it wasn't until Trish and Tommy started boarding up the door that the realization kicked in.

Mrs. Jarvis was a shocker!
jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum