Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's your take on this?

Go down

What's your take on this? Empty What's your take on this?

Post by ThePunisher April 14th 2023, 9:08 pm

My agency recently hired a 25-year-old girl 2 months ago, and we've met. She seemed nice. She's seen me on a break outside a couple times. One time, she saw me with a diet soda, and asked me if I was dinking the " hard stuff". The next time, she asked if I was waiting for my girlfriend. This has graduated to saying she's going to punch me, and saying she's going to have someone come and " crack my head open". I drew the line here.

Someone told me she is interested. Is this what people call flirting these days? What do YOU think?

Gee whiz!!!!
ThePunisher
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

What's your take on this? Empty Re: What's your take on this?

Post by OCT 31 1978 April 15th 2023, 10:00 am

ThePunisher wrote:My agency recently hired a 25-year-old girl 2 months ago, and we've met. She seemed nice. She's seen me on a break outside a couple times. One time, she saw me with a diet soda, and asked me if I was dinking the " hard stuff". The next time, she asked if I was waiting for my girlfriend. This has graduated to saying she's going to punch me, and saying she's going to have someone come and " crack my head open". I drew the line here.

Someone told me she is interested. Is this what people call flirting these days? What do YOU think?

Gee whiz!!!!

Lol, maybe on some level sure…. I don’t know what the context of the Punching and Cracking open of the Head conversations were….
Maybe that’s all the Flirting Game she has man, and the physically comments could be a type of innuendo into her wanting to be physical?
She could be thinking the same thing and knows she is coming off awkwardly…. And is struggling to make actual flirty complimentary Things??
“The hard stuff” is comment is kinda funny though.

Your best bet….. Ask yourself if you are into her does her awkwardness appeal to you?…. Talking about common interests and see how that goes…
OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class
First Class

ThePunisher likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher April 15th 2023, 12:21 pm

OCT 31 1978 wrote:
ThePunisher wrote:My agency recently hired a 25-year-old girl 2 months ago, and we've met. She seemed nice. She's seen me on a break outside a couple times. One time, she saw me with a diet soda, and asked me if I was dinking the " hard stuff". The next time, she asked if I was waiting for my girlfriend. This has graduated to saying she's going to punch me, and saying she's going to have someone come and " crack my head open". I drew the line here.

Gee whiz!!!!

Lol, maybe on some level sure…. I don’t know what the context of the Punching and Cracking open of the Head conversations were….
Maybe that’s all the Flirting Game she has man, and the physically comments could be a type of innuendo into her wanting to be physical?
She could be thinking the same thing and knows she is coming off awkwardly…. And is struggling to make actual flirty complimentary Things??

Your best bet….. Ask yourself if you are into her does her awkwardness appeal to you?…. Talking about common interests and see how that goes…

I have to admit I'm not used to this. he punching and cracking comments were totally unprompted on her part I hadn't said a word. I think awkwardness is pretty common though. Flirting is not easy to do.
ThePunisher
First Class
First Class

OCT 31 1978 likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by OCT 31 1978 April 15th 2023, 2:51 pm

ThePunisher wrote:
OCT 31 1978 wrote:

Gee whiz!!!!

I have to admit I'm not used to this. he punching and cracking comments were totally unprompted on her part I hadn't said a word. I think awkwardness is pretty common though. Flirting is not easy to do.

Sure, it comes Naturally sometimes, sometimes it doesn’t…. As for the Not saying a word to prompt those comments…. Perhaps she was trying to get a comedic response or get you talking?
Not completely sure because I wasn’t there…..you will just have to use your judgment?? how was her body language?
OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher April 15th 2023, 3:05 pm

OCT 31 1978 wrote:
ThePunisher wrote:
OCT 31 1978 wrote:

Gee whiz!!!!

Sure, it comes Naturally sometimes, sometimes it doesn’t…. As for the Not saying a word to prompt those comments…. Perhaps she was trying to get a comedic response or get you talking?
Not completely sure because I wasn’t there…..you will just have to use your judgment?? how was her body language?

I have to admit I'm very mixed up about this. My job has had an incident of workplace violence involving a fatality. It created a lot of hurt and anger. We've all had training to create civility, including this new girl. I don't want to sound like a prude, but I'm just not interested in getting into what could be considered a hostile work environment as it's been defined by the training. It's a very strange area, and I need to be careful.
ThePunisher
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by SonofOdin6039 April 17th 2023, 4:30 pm

The hard stuff comment was an icebreaker. Simply casual, nothing more. But the innocent asking about your girlfriend is a way of asking if you're taken without directly asking if you're taken. Women are usually subtle that way. Moving on to the punching and skull cracking is a little odd depending on how she delivered those comments. I figure there was more said before the punching part. All in all, it sounds mostly like a little office flirtation and pretty much harmless unless it escalates. The problem us guys have is that women are harder to read than sanscript and they love to keep us guessing. So far she has broken the ice and put out innocent feelers as to your relationship status and moved on to playful joking. I think you're safe and won't have to worry about a remake of Obsession. Yet. Good luck
SonofOdin6039
Second Class
Second Class

OCT 31 1978 likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees April 17th 2023, 6:35 pm

I had many situations in my life but this sounds like a hit n miss situation lol! If she is interested I am sure more would go but if she is making threats? I think she's a red flag forsure because thats a sign of alot from bipolar? Jealousy? Or worse but IF you like her go for it BUT if she has red flags? Dont go for it.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher April 17th 2023, 7:10 pm

SonofOdin6039 wrote:The hard stuff comment was an icebreaker. Simply casual, nothing more. But the innocent asking about your girlfriend is a way of asking if you're taken without directly asking if you're taken. Women are usually subtle that way. Moving on to the punching and skull cracking is a little odd depending on how she delivered those comments. I figure there was more said before the punching part. All in all, it sounds mostly like a little office flirtation and pretty much harmless unless it escalates. The problem us guys have is that women are harder to read than sanscript and they love to keep us guessing. So far she has broken the ice and put out innocent feelers as to your relationship status and moved on to playful joking. I think you're safe and won't have to worry about a remake of Obsession. Yet. Good luck

And hopefully we won't see Glenn Close and the bunnies are safe!!!!
ThePunisher
First Class
First Class

SonofOdin6039 likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher April 17th 2023, 7:11 pm

Jason Voorhees wrote:I had many situations in my life but this sounds like a hit n miss situation lol! If she is interested I am sure more would go but if she is making threats? I think she's a red flag forsure because thats a sign of alot from bipolar? Jealousy? Or worse but IF you like her go for it BUT if she has red flags? Dont go for it.

Thanks for the advice.
ThePunisher
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum