Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question about JTM

Go down

Question about JTM Empty Question about JTM

Post by Trekapedia April 17th 2023, 8:44 pm

So when Jason goes from the teens boat to the cruise ship, he is shown jumping out of the water and grabbing onto the boat. My question is was he just chilling out in the water the night after he killed Suzy? I guess he could’ve been hanging out on the boat they were on, but they clearly showed him coming up out of the water, grabbing onto The Lazarus, and looking around. It makes me think maybe he wasn’t strong enough after he killed Jim and Suzy and got back into the lake because it helps him heal somehow.
Trekapedia
Trekapedia
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Question about JTM Empty Re: Question about JTM

Post by OCT 31 1978 April 17th 2023, 9:30 pm

Trekapedia wrote:So when Jason goes from the teens boat to the cruise ship, he is shown jumping out of the water and grabbing onto the boat. My question is was he just chilling out in the water the night after he killed Suzy? I guess he could’ve been hanging out on the boat they were on, but they clearly showed him coming up out of the water, grabbing onto The Lazarus, and looking around. It makes me think maybe he wasn’t strong enough after he killed Jim and Suzy and got back into the lake because it helps him heal somehow.

He is on Jim and Suzy’s boat as as it creeps up to the Lazarus….. he sees the Cruise ship from the boats cabin and then gets in the water and sneaks aboard.

OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class
First Class

Trekapedia likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by Trekapedia April 19th 2023, 4:32 am

OCT 31 1978 wrote:
Trekapedia wrote:So when Jason goes from the teens boat to the cruise ship, he is shown jumping out of the water and grabbing onto the boat. My question is was he just chilling out in the water the night after he killed Suzy? I guess he could’ve been hanging out on the boat they were on, but they clearly showed him coming up out of the water, grabbing onto The Lazarus, and looking around. It makes me think maybe he wasn’t strong enough after he killed Jim and Suzy and got back into the lake because it helps him heal somehow.

He is on Jim and Suzy’s boat as as it creeps up to the Lazarus….. he sees the Cruise ship from the boats cabin and then gets in the water and sneaks aboard.

Ty that makes sense. I thought maybe he was still gaining his strength so he jumped back into the lake because it helped him recover somehow.

Also, when was everyone’s first time watching the movie? I had to buy it since Blockbuster never had it.
Trekapedia
Trekapedia
Second Class
Second Class

OCT 31 1978 likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by OCT 31 1978 April 19th 2023, 3:37 pm

Trekapedia wrote:
OCT 31 1978 wrote:

Ty that makes sense. I thought maybe he was still gaining his strength so he jumped back into the lake because it helped him recover somehow.

Also, when was everyone’s first time watching the movie? I had to buy it since Blockbuster never had it.

Absolutely!! I actually recently watched JTM so it was freshly in my mind lol, as for when I watched it….. definitely a good few years after it released in theaters…. I had the Fangoria magazine featuring this one and wore it out! Loved the look of Jason and the behind the scenes stuff Lol I remember this was such a big deal I lived in New York at the time when it was coming out so Jason coming to my hometown the Big Apple 🍎 definitely resonated.
OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher April 19th 2023, 5:35 pm

Trekapedia wrote:
OCT 31 1978 wrote:

My first time watching it was when I rented it from a local family run video store in my hometown. It seems like such a long time since they had places to rent movies from.
ThePunisher
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by jasn88cubs April 20th 2023, 7:29 pm

My First time seeing it was during a marathon on USA I wanna say

It was the part where Jason is the small boy in the pond grabbing Rennie. I was massively confused lol
jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by OCT 31 1978 April 20th 2023, 8:42 pm

jasn88cubs wrote:My First time seeing it was during a marathon on USA I wanna say

It was the part where Jason is the small boy in the pond grabbing Rennie. I was massively confused lol

late Nights with the USA network ahhhhhh brings back memories lol!

So many marathons and movies that I Taped / recorded so that I could watch them again and again….. yep I said taped lol I am old.
OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by jasn88cubs April 21st 2023, 12:59 pm

OCT 31 1978 wrote:
jasn88cubs wrote:My First time seeing it was during a marathon on USA I wanna say

late Nights with the USA network ahhhhhh brings back memories lol!

So many marathons and movies that I Taped / recorded so that I could watch them again and again….. yep I said taped lol I am old.

Yea I miss the marathons. With dvd's its nice skipping commercials but man there was just something special about having a marathon on tv
jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by SonofOdin6039 April 22nd 2023, 2:34 pm

I first saw it when it was released for rent on VHS. Me and my cousin were renting horror movies every night and watching them all night. I remember thinking where is New York when most of the movie was taking place on the Lazarus. I loved the New York scenes but wished it took place a whole lot sooner.
SonofOdin6039
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees April 23rd 2023, 7:42 am

OCT 31 1978 wrote:He is on Jim and Suzy’s boat as it creeps up to the Lazarus….. he sees the Cruise ship from the boat's cabin and then gets in the water and sneaks aboard.

This is the correct answer lol!

The boat did drift and the Lazarus was one of the only real boats in the area and it happened to have teenagers on it.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher April 23rd 2023, 2:51 pm

Jason Voorhees wrote:
OCT 31 1978 wrote:He is on Jim and Suzy’s boat as it creeps up to the Lazarus….. he sees the Cruise ship from the boat's cabin and then gets in the water and sneaks aboard.

The boat did drift and the Lazarus was one of the only real boats in the area and it happened to have teenagers on it.

And Jason just happened to climb on board. Talk about the perfect storm!!!!
ThePunisher
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by OCT 31 1978 April 25th 2023, 4:09 pm

ThePunisher wrote:
Jason Voorhees wrote:

And Jason just happened to climb on board. Talk about the perfect storm!!!!

Lol, script Logic at its finest…..
OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees April 25th 2023, 5:07 pm

OCT 31 1978 wrote:
ThePunisher wrote:
Jason Voorhees wrote:

And Jason just happened to climb on board.  Talk about the perfect storm!!!!

Lol, script Logic at its finest…..

Part VIII should have had the proper budget it does feel like false advertisment that Jason doesnt take Manhattan lol.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Back to top Go down

Post by OCT 31 1978 April 25th 2023, 5:37 pm

Definitely…… should have made it to New York way earlier in the movie and gave us the Takes Manhattan me truly deserved.
OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum