Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What annoys you?

Go down

What annoys you? Empty What annoys you?

Post by ThePunisher April 24th 2023, 6:47 am

We all have things that annoy us. What do YOU find annoying?

I'd like to tell you about a couple annoying things for my life. First, have you ever been to a convenience store to buy one thing, only to find one person behind the counter waiting on the guy who wants to buy every scratch off ticket in the world while a line piles up behind him?

Here's a second one. Yes, I'm aware I'm what people call a "big guy". So I'm wearing a black leather jacket and a dark T shirt. What makes you need to stare at me like I might be a serial killer?

Take a minute and tell me what YOU find annoying?
ThePunisher
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

What annoys you? Empty Re: What annoys you?

Post by OCT 31 1978 April 24th 2023, 4:11 pm

Good peeves for sure…… mine is bad drivers especially Inconsiderate ones….. the other is when something terrible happens in a family situation like a loss in the family and the other family members don’t step up to do what’s right and help…. Family is supposed to be unconditional love and support but sometimes they are out to get what others had not help and that really annoys the hell out of me.
OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class
First Class

I'm Not a Goalie, SonofOdin6039 and ThePunisher also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher April 24th 2023, 5:51 pm

OCT 31 1978 wrote:Good peeves for sure…… mine is bad drivers especially Inconsiderate ones….. the other is when something terrible happens in a family situation like a loss in the family and the other family members don’t step up to do what’s right and help…. Family is supposed to be unconditional love and support but sometimes they are out to get what others had not help and that really annoys the hell out of me.

I strongly support you on this one. Family is supposed to be a support network, and if you don't have time for family........
ThePunisher
First Class
First Class

OCT 31 1978 likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by SonofOdin6039 April 25th 2023, 12:11 pm

I think what really annoys me is that people everywhere seem to think they're all entitled and rules dont apply to them. I've always tried to respect boundaries and other people's space and remember that their business is no less important than mine. I simply wish others would respect this as well. If I'm walking up an aisle in a store and someone is coming the other way, I move to get out of their way and let them pass. I've lost count of the number if times someone has looked me in the eyes and refused to budge even though I'm pushing a loaded cart and they're not, forcing me to wrestle it out of the way to avoid a collision. Common decency forbids me to drop to their level and play chicken, but there are so many times when I just want to keep going and hit them. People's inconsiderate ways towards others extends everywhere, in the store, on the road, and so on, and I know it's pretty much a norm, but it still grinds my gears.
SonofOdin6039
Second Class
Second Class

OCT 31 1978, I'm Not a Goalie and ThePunisher also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by Darrin/Strigoi May 5th 2023, 4:07 pm

People that expect you to understand common sense off the record unwrritten rules and Norms in society.

All through school i had to be put into isolation not because i was slow or disabled,but because i was interested in things that would offend the community and surrounding society.

Every job ive been too everyone gets angry at my strange eccentric and strong personality.

Usua
Darrin/Strigoi
Darrin/Strigoi
Camper
Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by Darrin/Strigoi May 6th 2023, 8:18 am

All through my life ive had the professional men in suits running to me to make deals to put me in alternative school or get me on social security.

I Just cannot get along with the norms of society.
Darrin/Strigoi
Darrin/Strigoi
Camper
Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees May 6th 2023, 10:14 pm

What truly annoys me is pure stupidity...I worked at a few jobs in my life and nothing makes me more upset than looking at a customer who doesn't understand what rules/common sense is...

For example, when we charge people at Fast Food, they get mad at us for following our own policy?? like...if you're broke then just say so lol! I have to even tell customers WHAT DEALS ARE! like its hard to explain even for me when I have to sit there and listen when i am right there trying to defuse a situation...I don't resort to violence like I was when I was younger because I grew up BUT lord have mercy do people make me wanna throw a cup of grease at them LOL!
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

OCT 31 1978 and ThePunisher also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by Darrin/Strigoi May 8th 2023, 7:25 am

Another annoying things is this new intellectual crap.
Where if you say something weird or crazy in the workplace that causes tension,terror and chaos,then you can be fired or written up for causing a Toxic work enviroment or causing a Hazardous or Chaotic work enviroment.
Darrin/Strigoi
Darrin/Strigoi
Camper
Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by Darrin/Strigoi May 8th 2023, 7:26 am

There is this huge movement to Censor people who cause Chaos like Trump or anyone that does not stay balanced and equal,polite.
Darrin/Strigoi
Darrin/Strigoi
Camper
Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by Darrin/Strigoi May 8th 2023, 7:29 am

Free speech is even stopped by a social credit system on social platforms like Reddit or Facebook.
Reddit has a social credit system,where if they have negative bad feedback then a person cannot post things and cause chaos or hijack forums.
Darrin/Strigoi
Darrin/Strigoi
Camper
Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by Darrin/Strigoi May 8th 2023, 7:33 am

Its Unbeliveable to hear freedom loving Americans speak out against free speech and The 1st Amendment as outdated.

Im hearing people in the United States say things like the 1st Amendment and free speech alot of times is used as an excuse to verbal assault others and make fun of people and harass people.
Darrin/Strigoi
Darrin/Strigoi
Camper
Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by Fair Play June 1st 2023, 12:36 am

ThePunisher wrote:We all have things that annoy us. What do YOU find annoying?

That's a pretty long list. My top 3:

1. Any form of cruelty or abuse, especially to children

2. Entitled people

3. Discrimination of any kind

People should take a bit of time to be more civil with one another. There's so much anger, hate, fear and ignorance out there.

OCT 31 1978 wrote:something terrible happens in a family situation like a loss in the family and the other family members don’t step up to do what’s right and help…. Family is supposed to be unconditional love and support but sometimes they are out to get what others had not help and that really annoys the hell out of me.

I feel your pain brother. I've lost several extended family members in the last twelve months. A loss is supposed to bring family together, but seems to tear them apart instead.

I've spent quite a bit of time sorting out drama that family and friends are going through. Thankfully, most of it has finally settled down. It was almost like a second job.

ThePunisher wrote:Family is supposed to be a support network, and if you don't have time for family........

To finish your sentence:

If you don't have time for family, don't expect them to have time for you in your time of need.

SonofOdin6039 wrote:I think what really annoys me is that people everywhere seem to think they're all entitled and rules dont apply to them. I've always tried to respect boundaries and other people's space and remember that their business is no less important than mine. I simply wish others would respect this as well. If I'm walking up an aisle in a store and someone is coming the other way, I move to get out of their way and let them pass. I've lost count of the number if times someone has looked me in the eyes and refused to budge even though I'm pushing a loaded cart and they're not, forcing me to wrestle it out of the way to avoid a collision. Common decency forbids me to drop to their level and play chicken, but there are so many times when I just want to keep going and hit them. People's inconsiderate ways towards others extends everywhere, in the store, on the road, and so on, and I know it's pretty much a norm, but it still grinds my gears.

Hopefully you never get a cart with a messed up wheel. Hauling that filled to the brim is a nightmare.

You hit the nail on the head. Fewer people have a sense of decency for their fellow human being. It's getting worse, as fewer people that I've come across are teaching the next generation.

I find myself playing fewer games online, especially because players curse each other out over simple mistakes, rather than play the game. In the last 24 hours, I've heard players (child and adult alike) lose their cool over little things. It kills the mood to listen to players bicker, rather than have a good time.

Jason Voorhees wrote:What truly annoys me is pure stupidity...I worked at a few jobs in my life and nothing makes me more upset than looking at a customer who doesn't understand what rules/common sense is...

I can relate to stupidity being an annoyance. It seems to getting worse day by day.

Darrin/Strigoi wrote:Im hearing people in the United States say things like the 1st Amendment and free speech alot of times is used as an excuse to verbal assault others and make fun of people and harass people.

Free speech is a great thing, but it gets abused sometimes. People sometimes use "free speech" as a defense when they say something offensive. That is why certain places online won't let you say whatever you want.

Facebook, Reddit, and other forums/platforms have rules. To use those sites, you have to follow their rules.

There are sites all over the internet for people with different kinds of opinions. You just keep searching until you find the site that works best for you.
Fair Play
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by Darrin/Strigoi June 1st 2023, 1:31 am

Fair Play wrote:
ThePunisher wrote:We all have things that annoy us. What do YOU find annoying?

That's a pretty long list. My top 3:

1. Any form of cruelty or abuse, especially to children

2. Entitled people

3. Discrimination of any kind

People should take a bit of time to be more civil with one another. There's so much anger, hate, fear and ignorance out there.

OCT 31 1978 wrote:something terrible happens in a family situation like a loss in the family and the other family members don’t step up to do what’s right and help…. Family is supposed to be unconditional love and support but sometimes they are out to get what others had not help and that really annoys the hell out of me.

I feel your pain brother. I've lost several extended family members in the last twelve months. A loss is supposed to bring family together, but seems to tear them apart instead.

I've spent quite a bit of time sorting out drama that family and friends are going through. Thankfully, most of it has finally settled down. It was almost like a second job.

ThePunisher wrote:Family is supposed to be a support network, and if you don't have time for family........

To finish your sentence:

If you don't have time for family, don't expect them to have time for you in your time of need.

SonofOdin6039 wrote:I think what really annoys me is that people everywhere seem to think they're all entitled and rules dont apply to them. I've always tried to respect boundaries and other people's space and remember that their business is no less important than mine. I simply wish others would respect this as well. If I'm walking up an aisle in a store and someone is coming the other way, I move to get out of their way and let them pass. I've lost count of the number if times someone has looked me in the eyes and refused to budge even though I'm pushing a loaded cart and they're not, forcing me to wrestle it out of the way to avoid a collision. Common decency forbids me to drop to their level and play chicken, but there are so many times when I just want to keep going and hit them. People's inconsiderate ways towards others extends everywhere, in the store, on the road, and so on, and I know it's pretty much a norm, but it still grinds my gears.

Hopefully you never get a cart with a messed up wheel. Hauling that filled to the brim is a nightmare.

You hit the nail on the head. Fewer people have a sense of decency for their fellow human being. It's getting worse, as fewer people that I've come across are teaching the next generation.

I find myself playing fewer games online, especially because players curse each other out over simple mistakes, rather than play the game. In the last 24 hours, I've heard players (child and adult alike) lose their cool over little things. It kills the mood to listen to players bicker, rather than have a good time.

Jason Voorhees wrote:What truly annoys me is pure stupidity...I worked at a few jobs in my life and nothing makes me more upset than looking at a customer who doesn't understand what rules/common sense is...

I can relate to stupidity being an annoyance. It seems to getting worse day by day.

Darrin/Strigoi wrote:Im hearing people in the United States say things like the 1st Amendment and free speech alot of times is used as an excuse to verbal assault others and make fun of people and harass people.

Free speech is a great thing, but it gets abused sometimes. People sometimes use "free speech" as a defense when they say something offensive. That is why certain places online won't let you say whatever you want.

Facebook, Reddit, and other forums/platforms have rules. To use those sites, you have to follow their rules.

There are sites all over the internet for people with different kinds of opinions. You just keep searching until you find the site that works best for you. In a Free Society you can say what you want and it does not matter who is offended.
Reddit has a social credit system,where if you are voted down or have to much bad Karma you cant participate or post.

Darrin/Strigoi
Darrin/Strigoi
Camper
Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by Darrin/Strigoi June 1st 2023, 1:33 am

In a free country you can say what you want,it does not matter who is offended.
Darrin/Strigoi
Darrin/Strigoi
Camper
Camper

Back to top Go down

Post by Trekapedia June 6th 2023, 8:11 pm

What annoys me is someone who I thought was a friend freezing me out because I got more hours than her at work. I told her it would get better and just to trust me and she said no. So she refused to associate with me at work and sped up and walked away when she saw me at work. She also claimed she was busy but went out of her way to talk to other coworkers. I didn’t do anything wrong and was just trying to help. Now I feel like a jerk. Forunately, my other coworkers told me not to worry. All I can say about that supposed friend is whenever her bf treats her like crap, she comes crying to me. Hope he doesn’t treat her bad because she’s not talking to me and won’t have anyone to moan to.
Trekapedia
Trekapedia
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher June 7th 2023, 6:59 am

Trekapedia wrote:What annoys me is someone who I thought was a friend freezing me out because I got more hours than her at work. I told her it would get better and just to trust me and she said no. So she refused to associate with me at work and sped up and walked away when she saw me at work. She also claimed she was busy but went out of her way to talk to other coworkers. I didn’t do anything wrong and was just trying to help. Now I feel like a jerk. Forunately, my other coworkers told me not to worry. All I can say about that supposed friend is whenever her bf treats her like crap, she comes crying to me. Hope he doesn’t treat her bad because she’s not talking to me and won’t have anyone to moan to.

One of the hard things about jobs is sometimes people think someone else is being "favored" when it may not actually being that way. I don't know the reason behind you getting more hours, but I sympathize with what you're dealing with.
ThePunisher
First Class
First Class

Trekapedia likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by Trekapedia June 7th 2023, 3:01 pm

ThePunisher wrote:
Trekapedia wrote:What annoys me is someone who I thought was a friend freezing me out because I got more hours than her at work. I told her it would get better and just to trust me and she said no. So she refused to associate with me at work and sped up and walked away when she saw me at work. She also claimed she was busy but went out of her way to talk to other coworkers. I didn’t do anything wrong and was just trying to help. Now I feel like a jerk. Forunately, my other coworkers told me not to worry. All I can say about that supposed friend is whenever her bf treats her like crap, she comes crying to me. Hope he doesn’t treat her bad because she’s not talking to me and won’t have anyone to moan to.

One of the hard things about jobs is sometimes people think someone else is being "favored" when it may not actually being that way. I don't know the reason behind you getting more hours, but I sympathize with what you're dealing with.

Ty man. I’m getting more hours because my bosses said I deserve them and have been getting a lot of good feedback from our customers. Makes my day.
Trekapedia
Trekapedia
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Fair Play June 11th 2023, 7:28 pm

Trekapedia wrote:I’m getting more hours because my bosses said I deserve them and have been getting a lot of good feedback from our customers. Makes my day.

Sounds like you are doing a good job. Hard work still pays off.

As far as your coworker is concerned, she'll get over it in time.
Fair Play
Tenderfoot
Tenderfoot

Trekapedia likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum