Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tour of Duty TV show

Go down

Tour of Duty TV show Empty Tour of Duty TV show

Post by ThePunisher April 29th 2023, 7:26 pm

This TV show was on in the late 80's, early 90s. It follows a platoon of American GIs in South Vietnam during the conflict in the late 1960s. I LOVED this show. I liked the theme music and the music in general. I loved how the guys in the platoon cared about each other. The show featured the problems the troops faced during the war, the first season especially. The action scenes were great. I have the series on DVD.

Did you watch this? How did you like it???? As you know, I enjoy asking these questions and enjoy hearing how people think. I hope you enjoy doing this with me. The camaraderie on this forum is great, and I really enjoy it.
ThePunisher
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Tour of Duty TV show Empty Re: Tour of Duty TV show

Post by SonofOdin6039 April 30th 2023, 7:27 pm

Oh, yes. I do remember this show. I loved the action and soundtrack. Because of this show I watched China Beach as well. Tour of Duty wasn't like Plattoon or Apocalypse Now, but it was a great Vietnam War show
SonofOdin6039
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher May 21st 2023, 11:52 am

I was watching an episode last night. Lar Park Lincoln did a guest spot as a Quaker helping people in Vietnam during the conflict, even if the people were on the other side. She had associates who were doctors giving aid to locals who needed it. In this episode, she helped reunite a young girl, who was working in Saigon.

It's great to see a F13 alumni in other things. speaking of which, Miguel Nunez Jr. had a regular role as Private Marcus Taylor.
ThePunisher
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees May 21st 2023, 1:12 pm

ThePunisher wrote:I was watching an episode last night.  Lar Park Lincoln did a guest spot as a Quaker helping people in Vietnam during the conflict, even if the people were on the other side.  She had associates who were doctors giving aid to locals who needed it.  In this episode, she helped reunite a young girl, who was working in Saigon.  

It's great to see a F13 alumni in other things.  speaking of which, Miguel Nunez Jr. had a regular role as Private Marcus Taylor.

Wait F13 Alumis were in the show?
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher May 21st 2023, 1:49 pm

Jason Voorhees wrote:
ThePunisher wrote:I was watching an episode last night.  Lar Park Lincoln did a guest spot as a Quaker helping people in Vietnam during the conflict, even if the people were on the other side.  She had associates who were doctors giving aid to locals who needed it.  In this episode, she helped reunite a young girl, who was working in Saigon.  

It's great to see a F13 alumni in other things.  speaking of which, Miguel Nunez Jr. had a regular role as Private Marcus Taylor.

Yes.  You remember Lar as Tina from part 7.  Miguel was the damn enchilada guy in part 5.
ThePunisher
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees May 22nd 2023, 7:25 pm

ThePunisher wrote:
Jason Voorhees wrote:

Yes.  You remember Lar as Tina from part 7.  Miguel was the damn enchilada guy in part 5.

Thats crazy!!
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher May 23rd 2023, 6:49 am

Jason Voorhees wrote:
ThePunisher wrote:
Jason Voorhees wrote:

Thats crazy!!

fun facts from the peanut gallery.
ThePunisher
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum