Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Review of the Friday the 13th movies

Go down

Review of the Friday the 13th movies Empty Review of the Friday the 13th movies

Post by ThePunisher May 8th 2023, 1:08 pm

Reviews of these movies have always been bad, notably from Siskel and Ebert. One reviewer said the original movie in 1980 did nothing to exploit its title. Betsy Palmer got a Worst Supporting Actress award. The films have been criticized for their violence.

Do you think these reviews are fair? or do the critics just need to go away and watch other movies?
ThePunisher
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Review of the Friday the 13th movies Empty Re: Review of the Friday the 13th movies

Post by jasn88cubs May 8th 2023, 3:28 pm

Fair. They are bad movies lol though entertaining. Listen I love stuff like "Gone With teh Wind" , "Casablanca", "Citizen Kane" but sometimes I want a 90 minute movie where I can shut my brain off and relax
jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

ThePunisher likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Review of the Friday the 13th movies Empty Re: Review of the Friday the 13th movies

Post by I'm Not a Goalie May 8th 2023, 7:21 pm

If you're making a Slasher movie like Friday the 13th while trying to please the critics, then you're doing something wrong, lol. Normally, movies designed to appeal to movie goers and appeal to critics are two entirely differen't things. Old school critics tend to be highly educated film students who look at movies like high art projects, so of course movies like Friday the 13th are typically going to make their skin crawl. I'm not even going to get into how ridiculous modern film critics are, and how broken Rotten Tomatoes is.

It makes it all the more impressive how films like Halloween and Evil Dead slip through the cracks and get generally positive reviews. Even from Siskel and Ebert. Those are exceptions, not the rule though. Friday films should just be good bloody fun, and who cares what the critics and cancel goblins think.
I'm Not a Goalie
I'm Not a Goalie
Second Class
Second Class

OCT 31 1978 and ThePunisher also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by OCT 31 1978 May 8th 2023, 7:41 pm

I'm Not a Goalie wrote:If you're making a Slasher movie like Friday the 13th while trying to please the critics, then you're doing something wrong, lol. Normally, movies designed to appeal to movie goers and appeal to critics are two entirely differen't things. Old school critics tend to be highly educated film students who look at movies like high art projects, so of course movies like Friday the 13th are typically going to make their skin crawl. I'm not even going to get into how ridiculous modern film critics are, and how broken Rotten Tomatoes is.

It makes it all the more impressive how films like Halloween and Evil Dead slip through the cracks and get generally positive reviews. Even from Siskel and Ebert. Those are exceptions, not the rule though. Friday films should just be good bloody fun, and who cares what the critics and cancel goblins think.

Well said!!
OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum