Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

your friday the 13th history

Go down

your friday the 13th history Empty your friday the 13th history

Post by jasn88cubs June 8th 2023, 5:40 pm

I thought it would be cool to talk about our history on how we got into the franchise

I was young..12? when i got introduced to the original..i was scared so i missed most of it

i randomly caught a bit of pt 5 and 8 on tv as a youngin and then started watching the marathons on tv

i havent seen any in theaters

it took me forever to watch the reboot, and it was ok. i like it the more i watch it

i remember when Jasox X came out they made fun of it on a news program my dad was watching lol

i was pumped for freddy vs jason and it was ok

the 3rd one was always my favorite but the 2nd one is now

i miss the days of the marathons on tv since that's how i was introduced to them

so yea part 1 was number 1 then 5 then 8 then just watche dthem in marathons

jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

OCT 31 1978 and I'm Not a Goalie also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

your friday the 13th history Empty Re: your friday the 13th history

Post by Jason Voorhees June 8th 2023, 5:42 pm

I was basically a baby watching Friday the 13th lol
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

jasn88cubs likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm Not a Goalie June 8th 2023, 10:37 pm

I received my first exposure to the series through late night programming blocks like USA Up All Night and Monsterfest with Joe Bob. I couldn't tell you how old I was though I know it was before 1993, so I wasn't a teen yet.

The first film I ever saw was Part 5, which is probably why I enjoy that movie more than most friends. I wasn't familiar at all with the lore so I was able to apricate the film for what it was. The first time I watched it, I don't even think I fully realized it was a copycat killer and not Jason.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, JGTH was the first film to come out after I became a fan. I rented it from the video store and remembered being super pissed off at it because Jason wasn't even in most of the movie. I also remember the film feeling really weird compared to the other films... And would realize years later that this was because it was made by New Line and was more of a Nightmare on Elm Street movie than a F13 movie... (Couldn't even use the F13 branding, Lol) It took me over a decade to give the movie a second chance.

Freddy vs. Jason was the first film in the franchise I got to see in theaters, again probably why I like that movie more than most fans do. I wasn't nearly as big of a horror nerd as I am now, so I wasn't jaded by all the Kane Hodder stuff... Or the fact that the movie feels like a Freddy movie that Jason happened to be in. I still enjoy, but every time I watch it now I find something else that makes me cringe.

When I was younger, I was originally put off by the first three films because I'd gotten so used to Undead Jason that seeing him running around or not wearing the Hockey Mask was weird to me. Oddly enough, P4 never bothered me for some reason. P3 is now one my favorites.

P6 has been my favorite since the first time I saw, and it remains my favorite til this day.

My wife pre-ordered the Video Game for me as a birthday present, which I got souly because it was a F13 property. It was by pure coincidence that it would become one my favorite games that I ever played, playing almost daily up until a year ago.

Despite it's reputation, I'm a fan of the old NES game. It helps when you know how to play it, lol.

I'm Not a Goalie
I'm Not a Goalie
Second Class
Second Class

jasn88cubs and OCT 31 1978 also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees June 9th 2023, 9:13 am

I'm Not a Goalie wrote:I received my first exposure to the series through late night programming blocks like USA Up All Night and Monsterfest with Joe Bob. I couldn't tell you how old I was though I know it was before 1993, so I wasn't a teen yet.

The first film I ever saw was Part 5, which is probably why I enjoy that movie more than most friends. I wasn't familiar at all with the lore so I was able to apricate the film for what it was. The first time I watched it, I don't even think I fully realized it was a copycat killer and not Jason.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, JGTH was the first film to come out after I became a fan. I rented it from the video store and remembered being super pissed off at it because Jason wasn't even in most of the movie. I also remember the film feeling really weird compared to the other films... And would realize years later that this was because it was made by New Line and was more of a Nightmare on Elm Street movie than a F13 movie... (Couldn't even use the F13 branding, Lol) It took me over a decade to give the movie a second chance.

Freddy vs. Jason was the first film in the franchise I got to see in theaters, again probably why I like that movie more than most fans do. I wasn't nearly as big of a horror nerd as I am now, so I wasn't jaded by all the Kane Hodder stuff... Or the fact that the movie feels like a Freddy movie that Jason happened to be in. I still enjoy, but every time I watch it now I find something else that makes me cringe.

When I was younger, I was originally put off by the first three films because I'd gotten so used to Undead Jason that seeing him running around or not wearing the Hockey Mask was weird to me. Oddly enough, P4 never bothered me for some reason. P3 is now one my favorites.

P6 has been my favorite since the first time I saw, and it remains my favorite til this day.

My wife pre-ordered the Video Game for me as a birthday present, which I got souly because it was a F13 property. It was by pure coincidence that it would become one my favorite games that I ever played, playing almost daily up until a year ago.

Despite it's reputation, I'm a fan of the old NES game. It helps when you know how to play it, lol.

Usually it's 50/50 that the 1st one you watch that will makes it your favorite!
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher June 9th 2023, 12:13 pm

My first Friday movie was part 3 in 3D at the movie theater as a 14-year-old. I got in despite an R rating. At the time, no one enforced the age bracket thing unless the manager was standing right there, and he/she usually wasn't. The 16-year-old at the counter could not have cared less about who went in to see the movie. After that, I started watching the other two movies that were out at the time. My sister watched the original at home with me, and she freaked when Jason came out of the water to pull Alice in.

After that, it took me a while to get back into the movies because I was living at home with Mom and Dad, and Dad didn't like these movies. I got back into them after part 7 came out, and the rest is wonderful history.
ThePunisher
First Class
First Class

jasn88cubs and OCT 31 1978 also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by OCT 31 1978 June 10th 2023, 5:13 pm

My History with Friday the 13th ….began with
late night TV marathons…… the First Film I ever saw was part 3 and then Jason Lives! It was years later before I watched them in actual order…..

I remember I was 8, when Jason takes Manhattan’s was getting ready to hit Theaters the commercials were incredible and the promotional campaign was killer too!! The I❤NY Jason posters….. my cousins were all old enough and they were going to go see it….. the younger cousins stayed home and our Parents let us watch parts 3, 4, 5, and 6….I am not sure what TV station…..
I remember my Cousin when he got back saying things like it wasn’t that good and that I didn’t miss anything….
But I remember being pretty upset that I wasn’t able to go see it so on one of our trips out he picked up the fangoria Magazine for me that featured JTM as the cover story!! It made my year!! I wore that magazine ragged lol.

As for the first Jason movie I watched in theaters it was JGTH which I really liked and bought all the merchandise I could find on it, movie magazines, comics posters…..I am still a huge supporter this movie, probably because of it being the first movie I watched in theaters and because I love the Look of Jason in it.

I watched Jason X, F Vs J , and the remake all in theaters from that point on!!
OCT 31 1978
OCT 31 1978
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by SonofOdin6039 June 13th 2023, 9:53 am

Ironically, it was a movie called Murphys Romance with James Garner and Sally Field that brought F13 to my full attention. I had already seen Halloween and Halloween II, but none of the Friday the 13th movies. Part 3 had a cameo in this movie and I remember seeing it in the video store, so I rented it first chance I got. From there, my friends and I would rent Part 1 and 2 and watch them every weekend. As soon as another would come out, we would go to the theater and watch them. Part 6 was the first were able to see in the theater. The rest is history, my friends
SonofOdin6039
Second Class
Second Class

jasn88cubs likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum