Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

movie rating system

Go down

movie rating system Empty movie rating system

Post by ThePunisher June 9th 2023, 12:18 pm

What do you think of the current movie rating system?

Back when I was growing up, a 14-year-old could get into an r rated movie easily, especially since the manager was rarely around, and the teenage guy/girl running the ticket booth didn't care who went it. If the manager was there, an adult had to say it was okay for the kid to o in or go in with them.

These days, high school age kids need Id to go to the movies, at least by me, and if they sneak into a different movie, management has to throw them out. Which means someone has to snitch.
ThePunisher
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

movie rating system Empty Re: movie rating system

Post by I'm Not a Goalie June 9th 2023, 10:13 pm

ThePunisher wrote:What do you think of the current movie rating system?

Back when I was growing up, a 14-year-old could get into an r rated movie easily, especially since the manager was rarely around, and the teenage guy/girl running the ticket booth didn't care who went it. If the manager was there, an adult had to say it was okay for the kid to o in or go in with them.

These days, high school age kids need Id to go to the movies, at least by me, and if they sneak into a different movie, management has to throw them out. Which means someone has to snitch.

The ratings systems used to annoy me a lot more in the 80's... Because so many of our favorite movies had to be gutted just to avoid a NC-17 rating. I could only imagine what the Friday the 13h movies would've looked like if they were created in the last twenty years with a much more lenient attitude towards how much blood and gore can be shown onscreen, instead of constantly having to dance around the anti-fun Nazi's.

I'm fine with the ratings systems the way it is now. Parents have the right to decide what movies they want their kids to see or not... And it's a rite of passage for youngsters to go behind their parents backs and find a way to consume said forbidden films.
I'm Not a Goalie
I'm Not a Goalie
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

movie rating system Empty Re: movie rating system

Post by ThePunisher June 10th 2023, 10:36 am

I'm Not a Goalie wrote:
ThePunisher wrote:What do you think of the current movie rating system?

The ratings systems used to annoy me a lot more in the 80's... Because so many of our favorite movies had to be gutted just to avoid a NC-17 rating. I could only imagine what the Friday the 13h movies would've looked like if they were created in the last twenty years with a much more lenient attitude towards how much blood and gore can be shown onscreen, instead of constantly having to dance around the anti-fun Nazi's.

I'm fine with the ratings systems the way it is now. Parents have the right to decide what movies they want their kids to see or not... And it's a rite of passage for youngsters to go behind their parents backs and find a way to consume said forbidden films.

I certainly agree parents should decide what kids watch. And the kids will always find a way to get those forbidden products. My point was times have really changed with how things are done.
ThePunisher
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum