Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Paranormal

Go down

The Paranormal Empty The Paranormal

Post by ThePunisher June 12th 2023, 10:11 am

What's your opinion on the paranormal? Have you ever seen a ghost or a UFO? What do you think of the Bermuda Triangle? Have you ever heard of the Bennington Triangle in Vermont? Do you dismiss the paranormal, thinking science can provide an answer?
ThePunisher
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

The Paranormal Empty Re: The Paranormal

Post by I'm Not a Goalie June 12th 2023, 12:25 pm

I've always been fascinated by the paranormal... Any kind of unsolved mystery really, especially if they have weird or bizarre elements too it. I researched the Dayatlov Pass Incident extensively when it was still obscure, years before it became this highly documented almost mainstream paranormal event.

I can't say I'm a full on believer. I'm what's considered an open-minded skeptic. I'm open to paranormal explanations on things, but I'm also quick to dismiss something if there's a logical explanation with solid evidence behind it. This puts me at odds with a lot of the paranormal community however, and makes it difficult to find people to talk about my interests with. The paranormal is just one of those communities where you either have to be a tinfoil hat wearer who believes every bump in the night is a ghost or bigfoot, or a skeptic who immediately dismisses everything. There's little middle ground for discussion and I find this extremely frustrating. I love watching paranormal programming on T.V., but I've been seeing less and less objectivity in these programs in recent years, making them more and more difficult to watch.

I also find it funny how some skeptics will just give you blanket statements and act like it's a mic drop. I'm sorry but those guys are subject to the burden of proof too, especially when some of their explanations sometimes sound more illogical than some of the paranormal theories. I really don't think some of these people know what mass hysteria actually is. Also, just because it is easier and easier to fake video evidence nowadays doesn't mean every video is a hoax. The capability to fake a certain type of evidence, is not in itself PROOF that a piece of evidence is fake. Unfortunately, this is the type of logic a lot of skeptics are using. IMO that's not much better than some of the over-the-top believers.
I'm Not a Goalie
I'm Not a Goalie
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher June 12th 2023, 2:49 pm

I'm Not a Goalie wrote:I've always been fascinated by the paranormal... Any kind of unsolved mystery really, especially if they have weird or bizarre elements too it. I researched the Dayatlov Pass Incident extensively when it was still obscure, years before it became this highly documented almost mainstream paranormal event.

I can't say I'm a full on believer. I'm what's considered an open-minded skeptic. I'm open to paranormal explanations on things, but I'm also quick to dismiss something if there's a logical explanation with solid evidence behind it. This puts me at odds with a lot of the paranormal community however, and makes it difficult to find people to talk about my interests with. The paranormal is just one of those communities where you either have to be a tinfoil hat wearer who believes every bump in the night is a ghost or bigfoot, or a skeptic who immediately dismisses everything. There's little middle ground for discussion and I find this extremely frustrating. I love watching paranormal programming on T.V., but I've been seeing less and less objectivity in these programs in recent years, making them more and more difficult to watch.

I also find it funny how some skeptics will just give you blanket statements and act like it's a mic drop. I'm sorry but those guys are subject to the burden of proof too, especially when some of their explanations sometimes sound more illogical than some of the paranormal theories. I really don't think some of these people know what mass hysteria actually is. Also, just because it is easier and easier to fake video evidence nowadays doesn't mean every video is a hoax. The capability to fake a certain type of evidence, is not in itself PROOF that a piece of evidence is fake. Unfortunately, this is the type of logic a lot of skeptics are using. IMO that's not much better than some of the over-the-top believers.

You make great points. Having a science background, I don't rule it in or out unless I see evidence. I've found it worthwhile to consider the POSSIBILITY of something.
ThePunisher
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by SonofOdin6039 June 13th 2023, 6:35 pm

Science explains pretty much everything. First if all, it'd be crazy to believe that life only evolved here on Earth alone. Space travel is a possibility but best left to the physics and propulsion experts. But what is life except a billion electrical impulses firing through the brain. It's already been established that energy can't be destroyed, merely moved elsewhere. Upon death, it is not unlikely that those impulses that can't find another, shall we say...host, exist in a somewhat spiritual form. My family and friends walk through our local historic cemetery at night and while it is relaxing, you can also feel the energy in the air and see shadows moving. It makes me feel that they either exist in their current location by choice and by the unfinished business theory. The only question that remains unanswered in my mind is whether humans were gifted a divine spark denied to other life forms and if so, why? Forgive my rambling, just offering input. Cheers, and game on my friends
SonofOdin6039
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum