Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the original friday the 13th pt 3

Go down

the original friday the 13th pt 3 Empty the original friday the 13th pt 3

Post by jasn88cubs June 20th 2023, 1:08 pm

The original plan

Initially, one of the earlier drafts for Part III was Ginny (Amy Steel) from the previous film being sent to a psychiatric hospital and confined there. Suffering from the events of Part 2, she eventually finds out that Jason Voorhees survived from his wound and tracks her down to the hospital, murdering the staff and other patients at the hospital.[7] At the time, Steel turned down the role due to her involvement in other projects, resulting in significant script changes.[8] Steel recalled: "They really wanted me for Part III. They didn't have a script, but they were just going to show me some sort of outline. Then my agents got involved, and I don't know if it was a money issue or a script issue, but I didn't do it."[9]

If that had gone through I am really curious on how much the franchise would have changed if Amy Steel didn't turn it down

Does Jason become more like Michael Meyers?

Does he ever get a mask? or even a hockey one?

So many questions
jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

the original friday the 13th pt 3 Empty Re: the original friday the 13th pt 3

Post by I'm Not a Goalie June 20th 2023, 7:37 pm

That sounds way too much like Halloween 2, lol. Too be fair, the script for P3 would've been in the planning stages around the time Halloween 2 would've been released, so it is probably just a coincidence. Friday definitely would've had to of made major changes to that script, if not drop the concept completely after Halloween 2 was released.

Everything worked out for the best. P3 was a fun movie with it's own memorable cast of characters. There's a reason three of them made it into the video game.

I know the rules for the franchise hadn't quite been established yet, but the Crystal Lake location was one of the few tropes that had. I don't think Jason hunting down Alice at the beginning of Part 2 has ever really been a popular decision in hindsight, so I'm glad they didn't continue to go in the direction of Jason actively hunting down victims, rather than just terrorizing anyone who enters his territory or otherwise gets in his way.
I'm Not a Goalie
I'm Not a Goalie
Second Class
Second Class

ThePunisher likes this post!

Back to top Go down

the original friday the 13th pt 3 Empty Re: the original friday the 13th pt 3

Post by Jason Voorhees June 23rd 2023, 3:52 am

Honestly, him going after her wouldn't make sense because Jason never had a "Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder" where he has to finish off a victim and before anyone asks me...

1.) Jason Voorhees stalking and getting Revenge on Alice Hardy ISN'T an example of OCPD (Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder) because Alice wasn't HIS victim who got away but Pamela's and so him killing her and him going after others is an indication that he doesn't have a Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder.

2.) Jason having an unending hatred for Tommy Jarvis ISN'T also an example of Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder as this is more of less a personal matter that well we all known Tommy killed Jason and ofcourse, Jason would have this need to kill Tommy if he ever had the chance as he cut Jason's life short.

but I do love to see how Jason is adaptive in a Hospital given that was the storyline for a sequel for Friday the 13th Part VII: the New Blood by John Carl Buechler and it sounded cool when I first saw the concept years ago hopefully it's still online!
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

ThePunisher likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum