Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Halloween prequel?

Go down

A Halloween prequel? Empty A Halloween prequel?

Post by ThePunisher June 28th 2023, 6:44 am

Would you watch a movie or a miniseries detailing the fifteen years Dr. Loomis spent with Michael in the sanitarium?
ThePunisher
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

A Halloween prequel? Empty Re: A Halloween prequel?

Post by I'm Not a Goalie June 28th 2023, 10:50 am

I don't think I would. To make it work, you'd kind of have to make Michael talk and would probably humanize him way too much that you risk demystifying the character and taking away what makes him special. Rob Zombie kind of tried that by focusing on young Michael and that went over like turds in the punchbowl. In fact, anytime the franchise tries to make any kind of attempt to explain why Michael is the way is, it feels like a misstep and gets generally negatively viewed.

Michael has always been The Shape as much as he is Michael Myers, probably more so. The Less we know about him and his motives the better.
I'm Not a Goalie
I'm Not a Goalie
Second Class
Second Class

OCT 31 1978 likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by SonofOdin6039 June 29th 2023, 1:42 pm

I agree. I don't think that would hold my interest very much because it will humanize Michael and he's better as a silent enigma
SonofOdin6039
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees June 30th 2023, 4:24 am

I'm Not a Goalie wrote:I don't think I would. To make it work, you'd kind of have to make Michael talk and would probably humanize him way too much that you risk demystifying the character and taking away what makes him special. Rob Zombie kind of tried that by focusing on young Michael and that went over like turds in the punchbowl. In fact, anytime the franchise tries to make any kind of attempt to explain why Michael is the way is, it feels like a misstep and gets generally negatively viewed.

Michael has always been The Shape as much as he is Michael Myers, probably more so. The Less we know about him and his motives the better.  

There was a Comic Book where it depicts Michael's childhood and no one knew why he was like that there was "Deaths" and "Injuries" but Michael stayed silent, In sure it can follow that premise to a alot extents! I really liked it because it didn't humanize him into the comics wish that was canon because that book really gave us alot of lore about Michael.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum