Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

are you environmentally conscious?

Go down

are you environmentally conscious? Empty are you environmentally conscious?

Post by ThePunisher July 21st 2023, 12:05 pm

Do you consider yourself environmentally conscious? do you worry about water or air quality? Do you think we have too many landfills? Does it seem like humans are encroaching more and more into the territory occupied by bear, deer, etcetera? Do we need to cut down on the plastic we use?
ThePunisher
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

are you environmentally conscious? Empty Re: are you environmentally conscious?

Post by Jason Voorhees July 21st 2023, 1:20 pm

Yes I am!
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm Not a Goalie July 21st 2023, 8:20 pm

Very much so. I'm not a fanatic who goes judging anyone who doesn't agree with me like some people do, but I've always tried to be environmentally conscious, and if there's little ways I can help out that are in my power, I'll do it. I live in a part of the states where I've had a front row seat to watch climate change as it happens in real time and it sucks. I'm not sure how many storms of the century we can have every year before people start to accept what's going on in the world.
I'm Not a Goalie
I'm Not a Goalie
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher July 22nd 2023, 6:57 pm

I'm Not a Goalie wrote:Very much so. I'm not a fanatic who goes judging anyone who doesn't agree with me like some people do, but I've always tried to be environmentally conscious, and if there's little ways I can help out that are in my power, I'll do it. I live in a part of the states where I've had a front row seat to watch climate change as it happens in real time and it sucks. I'm not sure how many storms of the century we can have every year before people start to accept what's going on in the world.

The area I live in has been affected by smoke from Canadian wildfires. In my lifetime, I've witnessed what seems like a huge decrease in snowfall in winter. I used to be able to make snowforts and tunnels as a boy, but that is no mor. Snowfall seems to last a day or two and it melts fast.
ThePunisher
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm Not a Goalie July 23rd 2023, 12:11 am

ThePunisher wrote:
I'm Not a Goalie wrote:Very much so. I'm not a fanatic who goes judging anyone who doesn't agree with me like some people do, but I've always tried to be environmentally conscious, and if there's little ways I can help out that are in my power, I'll do it. I live in a part of the states where I've had a front row seat to watch climate change as it happens in real time and it sucks. I'm not sure how many storms of the century we can have every year before people start to accept what's going on in the world.

The area I live in has been affected by smoke from Canadian wildfires. In my lifetime, I've witnessed what seems like a huge decrease in snowfall in winter. I used to be able to make snow forts and tunnels as a boy, but that is no mor. Snowfall seems to last a day or two and it melts fast.

My wife has said similar things about the weather here before I got down here. In the 25 years I lived here I've watched the weather start to turn colder in early October and we'd get about a month of fall. A few years later and we'd make it to Halloween and it's still usually in the seventies. A few years later and it was Thanksgiving before if starting getting cold and staying cold. Two years ago, everyone in the neighborhood was barbequing on Christmas Day because it was in the mid-seventies. Nowadays, I sweat by balls off every Oct 1 when I put my Halloween decorations ou since it's usually still in the mid-80's. From Late Nov to Mar we'll go week-to-week where it's in the seventies and eighties one week with severe weather and Tornados, and the next week it's freezing weather and ice storms. It's insane.
I'm Not a Goalie
I'm Not a Goalie
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees July 23rd 2023, 8:28 am

I hate litterers if you can't keep the streets clean but keep a clean house that's a weird ideology to me! I prefer it you clean at your house then clean up everything else. 🙄
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher July 23rd 2023, 8:30 pm

I'm Not a Goalie wrote:
ThePunisher wrote:

The area I live in has been affected by smoke from Canadian wildfires. In my lifetime, I've witnessed what seems like a huge decrease in snowfall in winter. I used to be able to make snow forts and tunnels as a boy, but that is no mor. Snowfall seems to last a day or two and it melts fast.

My wife has said similar things about the weather here before I got down here. In the 25 years I lived here I've watched the weather start to turn colder in early October and we'd get about a month of fall. A few years later and we'd make it to Halloween and it's still usually in the seventies. A few years later and it was Thanksgiving before if starting getting cold and staying cold. Two years ago, everyone in the neighborhood was barbequing on Christmas Day because it was in the mid-seventies. Nowadays, I sweat by balls off every Oct 1 when I put my Halloween decorations ou since it's usually still in the mid-80's. From Late Nov to Mar we'll go week-to-week where it's in the seventies and eighties one week with severe weather and Tornados, and the next week it's freezing weather and ice storms. It's insane.

I work for an agency that, in part, deals with the water quality for a major city. We employ modelers (no, not the Sports Illustrated kind!!!!) who tell us the data says we are due for cool springs and warmer falls. This year, there is a strong El Nino and it indicates the part of the country I'm in will have a warm, dry winter.
ThePunisher
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher July 23rd 2023, 8:32 pm

Jason Voorhees wrote:I hate litterers if you can't keep the streets clean but keep a clean house that's a weird ideology to me! I prefer it you clean at your house then clean up everything else. 🙄

How about these clowns who flick cigarettes out their car windows? The small town I live in has litter on the streets. There are even bags of trash on the side of the road.
ThePunisher
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by t8mc November 8th 2023, 3:01 pm

I do my recycling and I don't litter but I'm not an eco-activist or anything.

I don't fly anymore and I haven't got kids so I could pretty much dump nuclear waste in the local river and I'd still be carbon neutral or whatever.
t8mc
t8mc
Town Resident
Town Resident

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum