Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

message boards versus Facebook pages

Go down

message boards versus Facebook pages Empty message boards versus Facebook pages

Post by ThePunisher November 6th 2023, 1:20 pm

How do you feel about using a message board versus a Facebook page? I joined the Crystal Lake After Dark message board WAY back in 2012, and the guy who ran it was disgruntled with a segment of the membership, from what I read. He started doing a podcast on Facebook, which I've never really looked into. The message board is still up but has nowhere near the traffic it used to have in its heyday. I really enjoyed this message board.

What are your thoughts?
ThePunisher
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

message boards versus Facebook pages Empty Re: message boards versus Facebook pages

Post by Jason Voorhees November 8th 2023, 2:13 pm

Facebook Pages are more searchable but I do prefer message boards far more because it's actually moderated instead of run by bots or a solo person.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Back to top Go down

message boards versus Facebook pages Empty Re: message boards versus Facebook pages

Post by ThePunisher November 9th 2023, 10:47 am

Jason Voorhees wrote:Facebook Pages are more searchable but I do prefer message boards far more because it's actually moderated instead of run by bots or a solo person.

I prefer message boards because I'm used to using them.
ThePunisher
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by William Munny January 26th 2024, 4:40 pm

Social media destroyed message boards/forums. 99.9% of forums barely have any activity now.

I preferred the internet of the 2000s over the monster it turned into in the 2010s with smartphones and social media. It's a social/memetic engineering machine that takes and sells your data while plunging our society into a dystopic Idiocracy, with the help of bots and troll farms.

The few currently active forums I've seen are now just snapshots of what happens on social media... constant arguing over politics, making every subject political, and fighting amongst members over nonsense.

I used to love the internet, now I rarely use it.

Will Munny : That's right.
William Munny
William Munny
Town Resident
Town Resident

http://www.gnrevolution.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by mnknut30 February 7th 2024, 3:28 pm

William Munny wrote:Social media destroyed message boards/forums. 99.9% of forums barely have any activity now.

I preferred the internet of the 2000s over the monster it turned into in the 2010s with smartphones and social media. It's a social/memetic engineering machine that takes and sells your data while plunging our society into a dystopic Idiocracy, with the help of bots and troll farms.

The few currently active forums I've seen are now just snapshots of what happens on social media... constant arguing over politics, making every subject political, and fighting amongst members over nonsense.

I used to love the internet, now I rarely use it.

100 percent agree with you. If i had to pick.. I prefer Forums because you don't have to engage 24/7 like social media tricks you into. Forums I can respond in my own leisure and its not inherited with stupid political blabbering, fake news, stupid memes and toxicity like no other. Forums are moderated better and forums are usually more grounded into a certain topic that is relatable to everyone on that forum. This isnt a political forum.. this is a friday the 13th forum. So we are talking about our interests about something we all have a liking and a bond for. Therefore its more personable without being too personable if that makes sense.
mnknut30
The Local
The Local

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum