Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

pt 3 is such a different feeling

Go down

pt 3 is such a different feeling Empty pt 3 is such a different feeling

Post by jasn88cubs December 7th 2023, 3:41 pm

It feels so rushed, compared to 2 and 4. ALmost like there's no backstory. Just Jason going on a rampage

The setting feels different. It feels like a genuine Saturday afternoon/evening out in the country.

When you look at the movie though its placement fits perfect between pt 2 and 4

I use to love this movie and still enjoy it but still think it's just a different feel
jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

pt 3 is such a different feeling Empty Re: pt 3 is such a different feeling

Post by Jason Voorhees December 7th 2023, 5:28 pm

Yeah all movies starts to feel different when Studios love to capitalize on something that's profitable and good it's like what they did with Hunger Games and Harry Potter.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Back to top Go down

Post by William Munny January 26th 2024, 5:04 pm

The problem (well, one of them) with this franchise is how inconsistent it is.in telling its own overall story. Each film now feels like a stand alone film. Only 1-2 have a consistent flow and there's even some problems there.

There was never an attempt to make Crystal Lake/Camp Blood appear the same throughout the franchise. It can go from a pond to somehow having access to the ocean.

Will Munny : That's right.
William Munny
William Munny
Town Resident
Town Resident

http://www.gnrevolution.com/

jasn88cubs and Trekapedia also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by Trekapedia February 8th 2024, 4:53 am

I don’t mind it though. Part 3 is one of my favorites in the franchise and it definitely feels like the 80s in a good way. I still have fond memories of seeing it for the first time on The New TNN when it was supposed to be Part VI. They listed the wrong movie so I was expecting Jason Lives but I had a blast watching Part 3 instead.
Trekapedia
Trekapedia
Second Class
Second Class

ThePunisher likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher February 8th 2024, 5:18 pm

This movie was my introduction to the franchise. It has a special place in my heart, despite all the lack of continuity.
ThePunisher
First Class
First Class

Trekapedia likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm Not a Goalie February 10th 2024, 2:20 am

Actually, I don't think P3 feels different from most of the franchise... It's definitely not that different of a feel from 4, as to me at least they both feel like they have a similar vibe and style. If anything, I feel P3 is the first film in the franchise to standardize that F13 feel as we'd come to recognize it. A formula that would last up until JGTH when things started to get weird. If any of the original Paramount 8 feel different it's the first two... Because they are different. Which makes sense since the original F13 could almost be its own standalone, and P2 was a continuation of that film, and was almost experimental in the way it was trying to figure out what the creators wanted the franchise to be going forward... And they found that answer with P3. It's my second favorite film in the franchise, with what I believe is the best overall cast in a Friday film. There's a reason three of the characters straight up made into the Video game, as well as the Jenny character being partially modeled after Chris.
I'm Not a Goalie
I'm Not a Goalie
Second Class
Second Class

ThePunisher and Trekapedia also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by Pamela80 March 15th 2024, 5:09 pm

It does have a different feel to it I think cause where it was filmed and the feeling of dread as Jason hides in the barn waiting to kill people.
Pamela80
Pamela80
Stranger
Stranger

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum