Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Movies coming out in 2024

Go down

Movies coming out in 2024 Empty Movies coming out in 2024

Post by ThePunisher December 9th 2023, 8:46 am

There are a few movies coming out in 2024 that look interesting.

1) Imaginary - a woman returns to her childhood home to find her imaginary friend isn't so imaginary and isn't happy she abandoned him.

2) Night Swim - imagine finding out your swimming pool is haunted.

3) A Quiet Place Day One - a prequel

4) Nosferatu- I think we all know the plot to this one. Starring Bill Skarsgard.

5) Alien: Romulus - set between the Alien (1979) and Aliens (1986) movies.

6) The First Omen - a prequel to the original movie.

7) Stream - starring our friend Danielle Harris

Do you plan on seeing any of these films?
ThePunisher
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Movies coming out in 2024 Empty Re: Movies coming out in 2024

Post by Jason Voorhees December 9th 2023, 10:24 am

Not gonna lie?....I'm not super hyped as I would be for these horror flicks...I have a SAD feeling most of these will be generic and I hate that BUT Stream, Imaginary, and Nosferatu seem to have potential so I am keeping my eyes and options open.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher December 10th 2023, 11:41 am

Jason Voorhees wrote:Not gonna lie?....I'm not super hyped as I would be for these horror flicks...I have a SAD feeling most of these will be generic and I hate that BUT Stream, Imaginary, and Nosferatu seem to have potential so I am keeping my eyes and options open.

Somehow, I think The First Omen will disappear as fast it comes into theaters.
ThePunisher
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by I'm Not a Goalie December 12th 2023, 10:27 pm

Ugh, it's hard for me to get excited about any modern movies, and until Hollywood starts making movies again with the primary focus on entertaining people, I don't see that changing. I go in with zero expectations and hope to be pleasantly surprised. Choose or Die kind of killed any benefit of the doubt I'm willing to give modern horror movies anymore.

Imaginary is nothing we haven't seen before. Z and Let's Play come to mind as more recent examples of this exact concept being used. Same thing with Stream. We're barely two years removed from Deadstream, and I imagine this film will be a cross between that, or another Host clone... Or whichever of those, a bunch of stupid kids summon something evil over skype, type movies came first.

The Quiet Place prequel might have the most potential, assuming they're focusing on the initial invasion. The Nosferatu film maybe, depending what direction they're going to take it.

Honestly, the only film I'm looking forward to seeing at the moment is Godzilla Minus One, lol.
I'm Not a Goalie
I'm Not a Goalie
Second Class
Second Class

ThePunisher and Trekapedia also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan1987 April 19th 2024, 6:06 am

Looking forward to the new Alien movie. Ever since these new entries to the old series began (Child's Play, Halloween, Scream) I have a good feeling. Sure, the new movies vary in quality, but they represent a proof that these classic series will always be catching people's interest and they are at least somehow kept alive. Seriously, the last time we got an Elm Street movie was 2010 and how many times do you even think about this series, compared to the ones mentioned above? If there never was a new Chucky movie and TV show in recent years with the last entry being let's say Seed of Chucky, people would simply forgot about him. That's my opinion.
Ivan1987
Ivan1987
Hiker
Hiker

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees April 19th 2024, 9:02 am

Ivan1987 wrote:Looking forward to the new Alien movie. Ever since these new entries to the old series began (Child's Play, Halloween, Scream) I have a good feeling. Sure, the new movies vary in quality, but they represent a proof that these classic series will always be catching people's interest and they are at least somehow kept alive. Seriously, the last time we got an Elm Street movie was 2010 and how many times do you even think about this series, compared to the ones mentioned above? If there never was a new Chucky movie and TV show in recent years with the last entry being let's say Seed of Chucky, people would simply forgot about him. That's my opinion.

Oh yeah Chucky has been in the spotlight for sometime with the new generation which is mostly good.

Freddy? Oh man...like Friday the 13th it's going through its own legal issues where the Wes Craven family seemingly not selling the rights and New Line Cinema themselves trying their hardest to get the rights and then you got Blumhouse also trying to get the rights as well and trying to get Robert Englund to come back for his role.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher April 19th 2024, 4:12 pm

Jason Voorhees wrote:
Ivan1987 wrote:Looking forward to the new Alien movie. Ever since these new entries to the old series began (Child's Play, Halloween, Scream) I have a good feeling. Sure, the new movies vary in quality, but they represent a proof that these classic series will always be catching people's interest and they are at least somehow kept alive. Seriously, the last time we got an Elm Street movie was 2010 and how many times do you even think about this series, compared to the ones mentioned above? If there never was a new Chucky movie and TV show in recent years with the last entry being let's say Seed of Chucky, people would simply forgot about him. That's my opinion.

Oh yeah Chucky has been in the spotlight for sometime with the new generation which is mostly good.

Freddy? Oh man...like Friday the 13th it's going through its own legal issues where the Wes Craven family seemingly not selling the rights and New Line Cinema themselves trying their hardest to get the rights and then you got Blumhouse also trying to get the rights as well and trying to get Robert Englund to come back for his role.

Friday the 13th still has legal issues? I really hope these people can grow up and make more movie.
ThePunisher
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees April 20th 2024, 4:03 am

ThePunisher wrote:
Jason Voorhees wrote:

Friday the 13th still has legal issues?  I really hope these people can grow up and make more movie.

Oh no no! Its like the F13 situation with the rights being basically held (for good reason!) The current situation with the lawsuit is finished I've made an article about it too.

https://www.friday-the-13th.net/p1041007-larry-zerner-explains-in-detail-on-victor-miller-case
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

ThePunisher likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher April 20th 2024, 6:10 am

Jason Voorhees wrote:
ThePunisher wrote:
Jason Voorhees wrote:

Friday the 13th still has legal issues?  I really hope these people can grow up and make more movie.

Oh no no! Its like the F13 situation with the rights being basically held (for good reason!) The current situation with the lawsuit is finished I've made an article about it too.

https://www.friday-the-13th.net/p1041007-larry-zerner-explains-in-detail-on-victor-miller-case

Oh sorry, I misunderstood. It seems like whenever money is involved, people want their slice and they fight for it. It gets dirty sometimes.
ThePunisher
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by SonofOdin6039 April 20th 2024, 12:10 pm

I have mixed feelings about the new.movies. On one hand, I love new fresh ideas and new directions for established franchises, bit there are times I feel these movies are not made by people who put their heart and soul into them anymore. The same goes for tv shows, although they have more room to grow. This is probably why I watch the older movies more and more. But, I will check them out simply because I love the genre, especially Alien. I feel there are so many ways to make them great additions to the franchise and occasionally they are done right
SonofOdin6039
Second Class
Second Class

ThePunisher likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher April 20th 2024, 1:38 pm

SonofOdin6039 wrote:I have mixed feelings about the new.movies. On one hand, I love new fresh ideas and new directions for established franchises, bit there are times I feel these movies are not made by people who put their heart and soul into them anymore. The same goes for tv shows, although they have more room to grow. This is probably why I watch the older movies more and more. But, I will check them out simply because I love the genre, especially Alien. I feel there are so many ways to make them great additions to the franchise and occasionally they are done right

In my opinion, I think there are times movies are put out as more of a cash grab than an actual attempt to make a movie that's a solid part of an existing franchise.
ThePunisher
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan1987 April 20th 2024, 2:57 pm

I have recently seen Civil War and went out with generally good feelings.
Ivan1987
Ivan1987
Hiker
Hiker

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum