Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sheriff Garris

Go down

Sheriff Garris Empty Sheriff Garris

Post by jasn88cubs December 29th 2023, 1:55 pm

I don't blame Sheriff Garris for not believing Tommy about Jason. Think about it, Jason died in pt 4, however many years that was, and he's suppose to believe he's back alive?!?! He was buried, he's dead! Why would he actually believe Tommy and go check the grave

If I was in his shoes I probably would have done the same thing and NOT believed Tommy!

Would you have checked?
jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Sheriff Garris Empty Re: Sheriff Garris

Post by Jason Voorhees December 29th 2023, 2:30 pm

I mean with specific situations and cases if a suspect is very much hysterical the law enforcement in their given state or county would do a search and if they DID before Martin had started to re-bury the grave then I'm sure they would assume Tommy wasn't lying BUT also there is the fact that Allen Hawes body being the grave that might also gotten Tommy Jarvis in more trouble.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

jasn88cubs and ThePunisher also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by jasn88cubs December 29th 2023, 2:41 pm

Jason Voorhees wrote:I mean with specific situations and cases if a suspect is very much hysterical the law enforcement in their given state or county would do a search and if they DID before Martin had started to re-bury the grave then I'm sure they would assume Tommy wasn't lying BUT also there is the fact that Allen Hawes body being the grave that might also gotten Tommy Jarvis in more trouble.

My take on that is they would have believed Tommy killed Allen and his Jason's body somewhere
jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher December 29th 2023, 4:28 pm

jasn88cubs wrote:
Jason Voorhees wrote:I mean with specific situations and cases if a suspect is very much hysterical the law enforcement in their given state or county would do a search and if they DID before Martin had started to re-bury the grave then I'm sure they would assume Tommy wasn't lying BUT also there is the fact that Allen Hawes body being the grave that might also gotten Tommy Jarvis in more trouble.

My take on that is they would have believed Tommy killed Allen and his Jason's body somewhere

The police would have pointed the finger at Tommy no matter what, given the time he spent in the hospital. Of course, Tommy WOULD have been the prime suspect in Hawes' death, but where WOULD he have put Jason's body before going to the Sheriff's office?

He would have had a LOT of explaining to do in any case. And, he may have gotten a return trip to the hospital and plenty of medication to take.
ThePunisher
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by jasn88cubs December 29th 2023, 4:34 pm

ThePunisher wrote:
jasn88cubs wrote:

The police would have pointed the finger at Tommy no matter what, given the time he spent in the hospital. Of course, Tommy WOULD have been the prime suspect in Hawes' death, but where WOULD he have put Jason's body before going to the Sheriff's office?

He would have had a LOT of explaining to do in any case. And, he may have gotten a return trip to the hospital and plenty of medication to take.

My feeling is they would have thought to themselves that Tommy threw Jason in the lake
jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

ThePunisher likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher December 29th 2023, 4:36 pm

jasn88cubs wrote:
ThePunisher wrote:
jasn88cubs wrote:

My feeling is they would have thought to themselves that Tommy threw Jason in the lake

Can you imagine Tommy doing this as well? He would have needed a tarp or something to cover the back of the truck to do it.
ThePunisher
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by jasn88cubs December 29th 2023, 4:49 pm

ThePunisher wrote:
jasn88cubs wrote:
ThePunisher wrote:
jasn88cubs wrote:

Can you imagine Tommy doing this as well? He would have needed a tarp or something to cover the back of the truck to do it.

I could see t. Nighttime small town, doubt a lot of traffic was out and about
jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by SonofOdin6039 January 3rd 2024, 5:28 pm

This is a good topic. There are several points at play here. For starters, Crystal Lake had its known history of the murders committed by both Pamela and Jason, including Deputy Winslow. After Jason disappeared from Packanack, police and media had to have been informed by ginny, so there would be an official account. Police may or may not link Edna and Harold's deaths to Jason, but given the proximity, they would lean in that direction. After Jason was 'killed' by Chris and he was taken to the morgue, another official report would be made of the two murders there and the disappearance of his body. Finally, once the crime scene at the Jarvis House was processed, and Jason was once again identified as the killer, he was officially buried. At that point, most sane people would accept that as the end of Jason Vorhees, but ironically, the Pinehurst sheriff in Part 5 was perfectly willing to accept that it was Jason committing the murders even after he had been officially declared dead and buried. That theory was naturally debunked when it was revealed Roy Burns was a copycat kler and Tommy still having trouble. So when Garris took over as sheriff, I can see why he would lean away from the idea Jason came back yet again even after the other times he had been declared dead and came back, but you'd think a small part of him would wonder if maybe there was some truth to Tommy's story given that history. In his place, I think I'd lock Tommy up safely, but check his story out as a precaution because even after Willie covered the grave back up, the dirt would still be disturbed.
SonofOdin6039
Second Class
Second Class

jasn88cubs likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by jasn88cubs January 4th 2024, 9:33 am

SonofOdin6039 wrote:This is a good topic. There are several points at play here. For starters, Crystal Lake had its known history of the murders committed by both Pamela and Jason, including Deputy Winslow. After Jason disappeared from Packanack, police and media had to have been informed by ginny, so there would be an official account. Police may or may not link Edna and Harold's deaths to Jason, but given the proximity, they would lean in that direction. After Jason was 'killed' by Chris and he was taken to the morgue, another official report would be made of the two murders there and the disappearance of his body. Finally, once the crime scene at the Jarvis House was processed, and Jason was once again identified as the killer, he was officially buried. At that point, most sane people would accept that as the end of Jason Vorhees, but ironically, the Pinehurst sheriff in Part 5 was perfectly willing to accept that it was Jason committing the murders even after he had been officially declared dead and buried. That theory was naturally debunked when it was revealed Roy Burns was a copycat kler and Tommy still having trouble. So when Garris took over as sheriff, I can see why he would lean away from the idea Jason came back yet again even after the other times he had been declared dead and came back, but you'd think a small part of him would wonder if maybe there was some truth to Tommy's story given that history. In his place, I think I'd lock Tommy up safely, but check his story out as a precaution because even after Willie covered the grave back up, the dirt would still be disturbed.

yea it seemed like any time Garris might believe Tommy it was quickly squashed. When Tommy begged Garris to check the grave they did a great shot that made Garris seem like he was pondering the idea but nope he didnt
jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher January 4th 2024, 4:59 pm

SonofOdin6039 wrote:This is a good topic. There are several points at play here. For starters, Crystal Lake had its known history of the murders committed by both Pamela and Jason, including Deputy Winslow. After Jason disappeared from Packanack, police and media had to have been informed by ginny, so there would be an official account. Police may or may not link Edna and Harold's deaths to Jason, but given the proximity, they would lean in that direction. After Jason was 'killed' by Chris and he was taken to the morgue, another official report would be made of the two murders there and the disappearance of his body. Finally, once the crime scene at the Jarvis House was processed, and Jason was once again identified as the killer, he was officially buried. At that point, most sane people would accept that as the end of Jason Vorhees, but ironically, the Pinehurst sheriff in Part 5 was perfectly willing to accept that it was Jason committing the murders even after he had been officially declared dead and buried. That theory was naturally debunked when it was revealed Roy Burns was a copycat kler and Tommy still having trouble. So when Garris took over as sheriff, I can see why he would lean away from the idea Jason came back yet again even after the other times he had been declared dead and came back, but you'd think a small part of him would wonder if maybe there was some truth to Tommy's story given that history. In his place, I think I'd lock Tommy up safely, but check his story out as a precaution because even after Willie covered the grave back up, the dirt would still be disturbed.

Of course, Garris was an elected official as sheriff, so he had a stake in preserving the status quo of the town now being called Forest Green. He was going to shut up any rumors of Jason being alive no matter what.
ThePunisher
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum