Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Siskel and Ebert

Go down

Siskel and Ebert Empty Siskel and Ebert

Post by ThePunisher February 3rd 2024, 12:54 pm

Did you ever have the chance to watch these two guys on television? Did you like them, or did you finish watching them with a feeling like you'll never get that time back in your life?

I rarely watched them. I always felt drained, even when they weren't badmouthing horror movies.
ThePunisher
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Siskel and Ebert Empty Re: Siskel and Ebert

Post by I'm Not a Goalie February 4th 2024, 1:24 pm

I'm from Chicago originally, so yeah, I grew up with them. I didn't mind them much growing up, but now I can look back and see how pretentious and condescending they were. I kind of learned that if there was a big movie coming out that I was excited about, and they didn't like it... It was probably going to be good, lol. Considering their views on Horror Films it was always interesting to hear them praise movies like Halloween and Evil Dead 2. Halloween I get, and even though EVD2 is one of my all time faves, I still have to ask myself... What's so different't about this film that it gets critically praised while most others get shat on? Don't really care what they think either way, but I've always been curious about their mindset and why they like certain films and not others.

Even though I don't particularly care for them, I'd love to go back to that time when critics actually critiqued a movie based on merit, and not souly off the casting choices or how hard they push a certain agenda.
I'm Not a Goalie
I'm Not a Goalie
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Siskel and Ebert Empty Re: Siskel and Ebert

Post by Ivan1987 April 16th 2024, 9:04 am

Where I'm from, we didn't watch them on TV. But I'm still visiting the website, read the new reviews that various people post there and sometime browse through Roger's old reviews.
Ivan1987
Ivan1987
Town Resident
Town Resident

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum