Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Had A Friend Turn On Me

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Had A Friend Turn On Me  Empty Had A Friend Turn On Me

Post by Trekapedia March 29th 2024, 6:02 am

Was friends with someone for almost 3 years. Over the past months, she’s been changing and not for the better. She’s been blaming me for a lot of things that weren’t my fault. She also called me some REALLY nasty things and blamed everyone else for things that were her fault. I finally had to block her and she called me an “a**hole”. Ever since she started dating this guy, she’s been a different person.

When I first met her, she was the nicest person and actually told me she always wanted to be friends. However, once she started dating her bf, she turned into this really mean person. She also would always call me and cry when he treated her bad but then kept getting back together with him.

I could tell she had changed in a bad way recently. She went to visit her friend on vacation and when I messaged her, she straight up ignored me and then, when she got back, she was ignoring me and made sure she said hi and hugged everyone else while she watched me. Then, as she was leaving, she looked right at me, smiled and said bye to everyone else. I asked her what her issue with me was and she goes “I don’t have to explain myself to you”. I wasn’t even mean and just was like “I hope everything’s okay and that I didn’t do anything wrong. Are you okay?”

Just hurts because all I ever did was take time out to make sure she was doing ok and, like I said, she was always nice to me until the beginning of this year.
Trekapedia
Trekapedia
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Had A Friend Turn On Me  Empty Re: Had A Friend Turn On Me

Post by Jason Voorhees March 29th 2024, 1:20 pm

That's the worse way to end a friendship or a relationship...

It could be from a number of different reasons...

Stress? 🤔
Bi-Polar disorder? 🤔
Misdirect Anger? 🤔

I've experienced this myself so don't worry, just keep them blocked, if they tried to contact you? Ignore it.

If you do they will believe "oh they will always be this way if I Apologized!" It's a form of psychological Manipulation that gives them an advantage over you be it mentally or emotionally.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Trekapedia likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by Trekapedia March 31st 2024, 11:46 pm

Jason Voorhees wrote:That's the worse way to end a friendship or a relationship...

It could be from a number of different reasons...

Stress? 🤔
Bi-Polar disorder? 🤔
Misdirect Anger? 🤔

I've experienced this myself so don't worry, just keep them blocked, if they tried to contact you? Ignore it.

If you do they will believe "oh they will always be this way if I Apologized!" It's a form of psychological Manipulation that gives them an advantage over you be it mentally or emotionally.

I agree with you wholeheartedly. She’s on what I called permablock.

She also has been cruel to my gf as well. She would ask my gf for advice about the guy my former friend is dating. My gf told her to leave him and how he wasn’t a good person. As soon as my gf said that, and she was honestly just trying to help because our former friend trusted her, she froze my gf out and refused to answer her or even talk to her. I’m sorry but if you’re going to ask for advice, then act like it was such a horrid thing that my gf told the truth, then that’s on our former friend. My gf is the sweetest girl I’ve ever met and always is good to me and my family loves her too. So for our former friend to treat her like garbage is asinine and it sounds like a case of if you don’t want honesty, don’t say you want an honest opinion and honest advice you know?
Trekapedia
Trekapedia
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees April 1st 2024, 1:29 am

Ooooh yeah that sounds like she's developing denial which is usually developed from a Toxic relationship, it sounds like she wanted a "Yes man" with your GF and when it wasn't the "Answer" she was seeking she straight up got offensive.

This is why people need to notice red flags.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trekapedia April 1st 2024, 7:04 pm

She actually made a big deal of scoffing at me and then called me an “a**hole” under her breath like I said before. Then she said I don’t deserve my success because she is bitter. She can be bitter and hateful all she wants, just means she’s not getting off being blocked anytime soon.
Trekapedia
Trekapedia
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees April 1st 2024, 7:07 pm

Yeah she shouldn't be unless she is truly apologetic because people like that? It would take alot for them to see they are the problem and it's hard to see that when you have people being your "Yes, man" majority of the time instead of the truthful n' honest people who want to see you get better, don't unblock them unless they are seeking to admit their own faults and their own ego problems.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher April 3rd 2024, 1:39 pm

It sounds like either her relationship is toxic, or SHE is.

You are better off WITHOUT this person. Keep her on permablock. She's reached the end of the road with you.
ThePunisher
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees April 4th 2024, 4:29 am

ThePunisher wrote:It sounds like either her relationship is toxic, or SHE is.  

You are better off WITHOUT this person.  Keep her on permablock.  She's reached the end of the road with you.

Yeah because if her man is causing this it is a Toxic relationship
But if she's the one manipulating the behind the scenes she's toxic.

I've seen this happen from "Online Stories" some true and some just for entertainment ofc but it's all based with some form of true reality sometimes they will also try to keep them to yourselves, sometimes they will manipulate your friends to be "their" friends or turn your friends against you...the mental gymnastics IS NOT WORTH IT, It's definitely not worth it when it develops into emotional gymnastics.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

ThePunisher and Trekapedia also liked this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by Trekapedia April 4th 2024, 8:57 pm

You are better off WITHOUT this person. Keep her on permablock. She's reached the end of the road with you.

Agree wholeheartedly with you and Jason. She’s on permablock and that’s where she will remain. Ty both again for letting me vent. I swear I’m almost 45 years and I don’t need her drama.
Trekapedia
Trekapedia
Second Class
Second Class

ThePunisher likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher April 5th 2024, 7:00 am

Trekapedia wrote:

Agree wholeheartedly with you and Jason. She’s on permablock and that’s where she will remain. Ty both again for letting me vent. I swear I’m almost 45 years and I don’t need her drama.

So go ahead and be carefree and drama free my friend!!!!!!!!!!!
ThePunisher
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Trekapedia April 10th 2024, 3:00 pm

She was walking across the parking lot with her bf when I was going home from work the other day. First off, her bf is a drug addled jerk who treats her like trash and has knowingly cheated on her before. He’s the one she asked my gf for her opinion on. Secondly, it looks like he’s made her absolutely miserable and to that I say, oh well.

She also was whining to my gf about me talking smack about my ex best friend. Let’s call her K so I don’t have to keep saying my ex best friend. I didn’t, I told my bosses at work about her because I had to let them know what happened since we worked together. That’s it. My gf didn’t like that and told her flat out that I’ve never said anything but very nice things about her and how she’s being a jerk.

So it sounds like her bf is a BIG reason for her change in attitude and appearance. Sad because I never did anything to be labeled a jerk by her. I think he’s also gotten her hooked on a few bad substances. He’s pretty much brainwashed her. Yup, she’s staying on permablock as I call it. Ty folks for letting me vent. I felt like a total failure as a friend yesterday since I was nothing but kind to her and willing to listen to her when she had a bad day.

Btw, she also told me years ago that I was “sweet and funny and cute”. Actually, it was like a year ago or maybe a little more. So, whatever changed, it sounds like her idiot bf has gotten to her.

Also, my gf told her, when K asked about what she should do about her bf before she froze my gf out, that she “needed a Brendan of her own”. That made me really happy to hear that. My gf is the sweetest girl I’ve ever met so for her to say that outweighs all negatives K says.
Trekapedia
Trekapedia
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher April 10th 2024, 5:28 pm

Trekapedia wrote:She was walking across the parking lot with her bf when I was going home from work the other day. First off, her bf is a drug addled jerk who treats her like trash and has knowingly cheated on her before. He’s the one she asked my gf for her opinion on. Secondly, it looks like he’s made her absolutely miserable and to that I say, oh well.

She also was whining to my gf about me talking smack about my ex best friend. Let’s call her K so I don’t have to keep saying my ex best friend. I didn’t, I told my bosses at work about her because I had to let them know what happened since we worked together. That’s it. My gf didn’t like that and told her flat out that I’ve never said anything but very nice things about her and how she’s being a jerk.

So it sounds like her bf is a BIG reason for her change in attitude and appearance. Sad because I never did anything to be labeled a jerk by her. I think he’s also gotten her hooked on a few bad substances. He’s pretty much brainwashed her. Yup, she’s staying on permablock as I call it. Ty folks for letting me vent. I felt like a total failure as a friend yesterday since I was nothing but kind to her and willing to listen to her when she had a bad day.

Btw, she also told me years ago that I was “sweet and funny and cute”. Actually, it was like a year ago or maybe a little more. So, whatever changed, it sounds like her idiot bf has gotten to her.

Also, my gf told her, when K asked about what she should do about her bf before she froze my gf out, that she “needed a Brendan of her own”. That made me really happy to hear that. My gf is the sweetest girl I’ve ever met so for her to say that outweighs all negatives K says.

Your GF sounds like a keeper dude!!!!
ThePunisher
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Trekapedia April 10th 2024, 5:30 pm

ThePunisher wrote:
Trekapedia wrote:She was walking across the parking lot with her bf when I was going home from work the other day. First off, her bf is a drug addled jerk who treats her like trash and has knowingly cheated on her before. He’s the one she asked my gf for her opinion on. Secondly, it looks like he’s made her absolutely miserable and to that I say, oh well.

She definitely is and ty Smile
Trekapedia
Trekapedia
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees April 10th 2024, 6:08 pm

ThePunisher wrote:

I second this!
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trekapedia April 11th 2024, 12:57 am

Ty Smile
Trekapedia
Trekapedia
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher April 11th 2024, 6:30 pm

Jason Voorhees wrote:
ThePunisher wrote:

I second this!

Great minds think alike.
ThePunisher
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees April 13th 2024, 3:58 am

Hopefully this former friend at this point doesn't try to blame your GF when her own relationship fails because that seems to be the ultimate trend of blaming others for their own consequences.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher April 13th 2024, 1:41 pm

Jason Voorhees wrote:Hopefully this former friend at this point doesn't try to blame your GF when her own relationship fails because that seems to be the ultimate trend of blaming others for their own consequences.

Somehow I wouldn't count on it.
ThePunisher
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Trekapedia April 14th 2024, 5:34 am

K got in touch with my gf and told her she was sorry and that she wanted to apologize to me. I told my gf that I can’t talk to K. She said she didn’t blame me at all for feeling that way.

I am keeping K on permablock for now. Maybe someday she will earn her way off but after all the crap she talked, I can’t forgive her at the current time. Now she wants to apologize? Sounds like she realized no one else wants to talk to her or listen to her bs. It was about a week ago or maybe less when she was blaming me for everything under the sun and now she’s sorry?
Trekapedia
Trekapedia
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher April 14th 2024, 8:26 am

Trekapedia wrote:K got in touch with my gf and told her she was sorry and that she wanted to apologize to me. I told my gf that I can’t talk to K. She said she didn’t blame me at all for feeling that way.

I am keeping K on permablock for now. Maybe someday she will earn her way off but after all the crap she talked, I can’t forgive her at the current time. Now she wants to apologize? Sounds like she realized no one else wants to talk to her or listen to her bs. It was about a week ago or maybe less when she was blaming me for everything under the sun and now she’s sorry?

Keep her on permablock. It might be a trick.
ThePunisher
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Trekapedia April 14th 2024, 8:26 pm

Agreed. My gf said that too and she told me let her stay that way for awhile which I was going to anyway.
Trekapedia
Trekapedia
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher April 15th 2024, 4:53 pm

Trekapedia wrote:Agreed. My gf said that too and she told me let her stay that way for awhile which I was going to anyway.

Your GF knows!!!! She's got your best interests in mind.
ThePunisher
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees April 15th 2024, 10:34 pm

Trekapedia wrote:K got in touch with my gf and told her she was sorry and that she wanted to apologize to me. I told my gf that I can’t talk to K. She said she didn’t blame me at all for feeling that way.

That's understandable! Hopefully one day things gets better and not worse!
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trekapedia April 16th 2024, 9:22 pm

I agree with both of you. Ty again and my gf definitely has my best interest in mind. She’s the sweetest girl and always is kind. She’s also very protective and tells me I’m the Smallville to her Lois which I love!
Trekapedia
Trekapedia
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees April 17th 2024, 8:30 am

Trekapedia wrote:I agree with both of you. Ty again and my gf definitely has my best interest in mind. She’s the sweetest girl and always is kind. She’s also very protective and tells me I’m the Smallville to her Lois which I love!

Hell yeah! And keep us updated if anything happens!
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum