Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Horror Inc's copyright strikes again on F13: Resurrected

Go down

Horror Inc's copyright strikes again on F13: Resurrected Empty Horror Inc's copyright strikes again on F13: Resurrected

Post by StarFoxandDoomFan64 April 8th 2024, 11:34 am

They just C&D'd another project which is Friday the 13th: Resurrection which is a remake of Friday the 13th: The game.

These guys are like Nintendo of the Horror movie and game genre.

when will F13 go Public domain in the future, when Sean Cunningham and victor miller pass away of old age and the copyright expires by 100 years. similar to the universal monsters.

They've tried to sue companies in the past like, Namco for Splatterhouse where rick who LOOKED alot like Jason, and horror inc thought oh, they copied our villain Jason, now let's try and sue Namco! meanwhile Namco: makes the mask more Japanese and red to avoid Horror Inc's copyright on the Turbografx 16.
StarFoxandDoomFan64
StarFoxandDoomFan64
Town Looney
Town Looney

Back to top Go down

Horror Inc's copyright strikes again on F13: Resurrected Empty Re: Horror Inc's copyright strikes again on F13: Resurrected

Post by Jason Voorhees April 8th 2024, 11:42 am

It's legal sadly
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

StarFoxandDoomFan64 likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Horror Inc's copyright strikes again on F13: Resurrected Empty Re: Horror Inc's copyright strikes again on F13: Resurrected

Post by StarFoxandDoomFan64 April 8th 2024, 11:44 am

And also look at the game Infectinator, They have some summonable Goons from Doom, L4D, Of course Friday the 13th and A Nightmare on Elm Street. yet the names are changed to avoid copyright laws.
StarFoxandDoomFan64
StarFoxandDoomFan64
Town Looney
Town Looney

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees April 8th 2024, 11:49 am

I believe the issue was that the people were using the already copyright coding assets.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by StarFoxandDoomFan64 April 8th 2024, 12:04 pm

Jason Voorhees wrote:I believe the issue was that the people were using the already copyright coding assets.
That's a common problem with fan games, that happened similar to Super Smash Flash where Nintendo gutted and sliced the hell out of that game with C&D...

Even TerrorDrome's old devoloper got these, even though horror fans are updating it with new fighters like Pennywise from the 2017 remake of it, and i hope they'd add Stripe and Mohawk from gremlins as fighters.
StarFoxandDoomFan64
StarFoxandDoomFan64
Town Looney
Town Looney

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees April 9th 2024, 7:59 am

StarFoxandDoomFan64 wrote:
Jason Voorhees wrote:I believe the issue was that the people were using the already copyright coding assets.
That's a common problem with fan games, that happened similar to Super Smash Flash where Nintendo gutted and sliced the hell out of that game with C&D...

Even TerrorDrome's old devoloper got these, even though horror fans are updating it with new fighters like Pennywise from the 2017 remake of it, and i hope they'd add Stripe and Mohawk from gremlins as fighters.

I thought they changed Terrordome into something new??
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by StarFoxandDoomFan64 April 9th 2024, 1:24 pm

Jason Voorhees wrote:

Thats the steam sequel, however somebody from Discord updated the original one with our favorite copyrighted characters.
I Hope they add Stripe and Mohawk from Gremlins as fighters, and the 1990 Pennywise. oh and Unstitched Chucky or should i say Classic chucky from Child's play 1, 2, 3, Curse, Cult, and the recent TV series.
StarFoxandDoomFan64
StarFoxandDoomFan64
Town Looney
Town Looney

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees April 9th 2024, 2:03 pm

Jason Voorhees wrote:

Thats the steam sequel, however somebody from Discord updated the original one with our favorite copyrighted characters.
I Hope they add Stripe and Mohawk from Gremlins as fighters, and the 1990 Pennywise. oh and Unstitched Chucky or should i say Classic chucky from Child's play 1, 2, 3, Curse, Cult, and the recent TV series.

Oh lord...just don't link or mention the discord by name here, we don't want anymore C & D.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum