Friday the 13th Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ever go to sporting events?

Go down

Ever go to sporting events? Empty Ever go to sporting events?

Post by ThePunisher April 13th 2024, 1:57 pm

I am a lifelong Yankee fan.

I've has season tickets for years now. I'm lucky enough to sit in the area of home plate.

It's an expensive hobby. Besides the cost of thickets themselves, there's the train ride down to the Stadium, food, etcetra. I'm glad I don't drink beer and other alcoholic stuff. Beer costs $9-$11 depending on the kind of cup you want. A regular size hot dog is $6, and a foot long hotdog is $8. They have a specialty sandwich called the Tape Measure Cheese Steak for $27.

Do you have the time, or more importantly, the money to go to sporting events?
ThePunisher
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Ever go to sporting events? Empty Re: Ever go to sporting events?

Post by I'm Not a Goalie April 13th 2024, 5:36 pm

I grew up in Chicago, and used to love going to Cubs games with my parents once or twice a year. I've been to a couple of other parks since moving away, but the experience was just never the same. Part of going to a baseball game for me was parking half a mile away from the stadium, walking through Wrigleyville and buying a beef sandwich or a slice of pizza along the way, and then walking into the park across the street from some dude's house, lol. Not walking inside from lot Z of some huge parking lot and into an overly modernized park... I know that's just me, but it was never just the game, it was the entire experience that made it memorable.

I also enjoyed going to Predators games when I was younger. Just out of High School with Disposable income for pretty much the only time in my life. Used to buy my dad Tickets every Christmas for whenever the Blackhawks were in town, and we'd drive down to the game together in our opposing jersey's, and it was always fun... Sadly, as the team got more popular and financially stable, middle-income people like myself slowly got priced out of the arena just like so many other cities with sports teams across America. I haven't been to an event for over a decade. Just can't afford it anymore.

Never understood why anyone would ever want to go to a Football game. I'd just as soon watch it
on my big ass TV where I can see everything and not stand outside shivering in 30 degree weather, lol.
I'm Not a Goalie
I'm Not a Goalie
Second Class
Second Class

ThePunisher likes this post!

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher April 14th 2024, 8:35 am

I'm Not a Goalie wrote:I grew up in Chicago, and used to love going to Cubs games with my parents once or twice a year. I've been to a couple of other parks since moving away, but the experience was just never the same. Part of going to a baseball game for me was parking half a mile away from the stadium, walking through Wrigleyville and buying a beef sandwich or a slice of pizza along the way, and then walking into the park across the street from some dude's house, lol. Not walking inside from lot Z of some huge parking lot and into an overly modernized park... I know that's just me, but it was never just the game, it was the entire experience that made it memorable.

I also enjoyed going to Predators games when I was younger. Just out of High School with Disposable income for pretty much the only time in my life. Used to buy my dad Tickets every Christmas for whenever the Blackhawks were in town, and we'd drive down to the game together in our opposing jersey's, and it was always fun... Sadly, as the team got more popular and financially stable, middle-income people like myself slowly got priced out of the arena just like so many other cities with sports teams across America. I haven't been to an event for over a decade. Just can't afford it anymore.

Never understood why anyone would ever want to go to a Football game. I'd just as soon watch it
on my big ass TV where I can see everything and not stand outside shivering in 30 degree weather, lol.

Interesting point about football. There was a playoff game in Kansas City this past season where I heard temperatures were single digits, not accounting wind chill. People got frostbite. Ever see film of the Ice Bowl game between Dallas and Green Bay?

I'm a Dallas fan when it comes to football. Dallas season ticket holders have been priced out, and now a huge amount of people there root for the other team. I get heat for being a Dallas fan in New York.

I tried having season tickets to Islanders hockey games when they were playing in Barclay's in Brooklyn. Now they're back in Long Island. I don't have time to travel from two hours upstate, get on a subway to Long Island for a half hour one way, watch the game and go back.
ThePunisher
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by SonofOdin6039 April 14th 2024, 6:12 pm

I'm a lifelong Minnesota Vikings fan. I've been to 2 games, once against the Bears and the other against the Rams when they were still in St. Louis. The company I work for has a suite at Soldier Field, so my branch manager took me to a Bears Rams game.. Out of courtesy I rooted for the Bears but secretly rooted for the Rams lol
SonofOdin6039
Second Class
Second Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees April 15th 2024, 11:21 pm

I would love to go back to baseball games but its been rough since my grandfather isn't here because he got me into the sport.
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

https://www.friday-the-13th.net

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher April 16th 2024, 4:32 pm

Jason Voorhees wrote:I would love to go back to baseball games but its been rough since my grandfather isn't here because he got me into the sport.

Did you go to games with your grandfather? I'd LOVE having someone go to games with.
ThePunisher
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by jasn88cubs April 16th 2024, 7:32 pm

yes I go to hockey, baseball, college basketball, racing and football
jasn88cubs
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Ivan1987 April 17th 2024, 2:53 am

Used to go to basketball, female volleyball and handball.
Ivan1987
Ivan1987
Hiker
Hiker

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees April 17th 2024, 8:19 am

ThePunisher wrote:
Jason Voorhees wrote:I would love to go back to baseball games but its been rough since my grandfather isn't here because he got me into the sport.

Did you go to games with your grandfather?  I'd LOVE having someone go to games with.  

Oh I went to alot with him since he was a high-school and college graduate umpire and man was he amazing against it! I miss those kid days sitting at the park and hearing him make call outs from Strike 1-3 or "YOU'RE OUT!" I miss it all...
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by ThePunisher April 17th 2024, 4:02 pm

Jason Voorhees wrote:
ThePunisher wrote:

Did you go to games with your grandfather?  I'd LOVE having someone go to games with.  

Oh I went to alot with him since he was a high-school and college graduate umpire and man was he amazing against it! I miss those kid days sitting at the park and hearing him make call outs from Strike 1-3 or "YOU'RE OUT!" I miss it all...

Great memories./
ThePunisher
First Class
First Class

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason Voorhees April 18th 2024, 8:36 am

ThePunisher wrote:
Jason Voorhees wrote:
ThePunisher wrote:

Great memories./

Yes! Yes it was!
Jason Voorhees
Jason Voorhees
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum